Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Live voting vs mail in voting

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
    Every election we have a winner on election night.....but now how long do we wait?
    Go to the polls and vote.
    Nobody should vote by mail except travellers or people whose work schedule may stop them from getting to polls or if they have a disability.
    If everybody can roll around in the aisles over Christmas gifts they can't afford...then they can get out to vote. No special deals.
    We vote by mail in my state and it works just fine. It has for years. Other state's do as well.

Have you thanked your letter carrier lately? They'd be the one that returned the vote by mail applications your family members received the other day.

Don't investigate it for yourself Slave. Just repeat what you hear.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
      We vote by mail in my state and it works just fine. It has for years. Other state's do as well.

Have you thanked your letter carrier lately? They'd be the one that returned the vote by mail applications your family members received the other day.

Don't investigate it for yourself Slave. Just repeat what you hear.

I'm hearing you.
      The stories are saying 100,000 to 140,000 were incorrectly mailed in NYC alone.
      There are plenty of stories of corruption.

If we truly wanted an accurate Democratic vote....with all votes voted by legal voters.....then the polls are the best Democratic option except for travellers or people whose work schedule does not allow or people with disabilities.
      I won't drag mail carriers into it because they have nothing to do with it. Some have been accused of destroying ballots in GOP areas. But that is probably not a big issue across the board. But in person voting would eliminate that.
      It's the operatives within the parties pushing it and distributing and collecting where the problem lies.

New and improved.....an attempt to profit more?
      Was way too late in the game to do this.
      Nobody wants to wait past election day for the results.
      Last edited by slavenomore; 10-01-2020, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
        I'm hearing you.
        The stories are saying 100,000 to 140,000 were incorrectly mailed in NYC alone.
        There are plenty of stories of corruption.

If we truly wanted an accurate Democratic vote....with all votes voted by legal voters.....then the polls are the best Democratic option except for travellers or people whose work schedule does not allow or people with disabilities.
        I won't drag mail carriers into it because they have nothing to do with it. Some have been accused of destroying ballots in GOP areas. But that is probably not a big issue across the board. But in person voting would eliminate that.
        It's the operatives within the parties pushing it and distributing and collecting where the problem lies.

New and improved.....an attempt to profit more?
        Was way too late in the game to do this.
        Nobody wants to wait past election day for the results.
        I'm going to tell you a little bit about the corruption in my state Slave. This is a red state Slave. We have voted this way for years. I started out as an absentee voter many years ago then my state adopted vote by mail. They sent me an application, I filled it out and returned it via mail.

When I cast my ballot I can check on it to make sure it was received. If there are discrepancies I am notified. My ballot has a bar code that is assigned to me. My signature is on file and I sign my ballot before returning it.

We have these horror stories of parents voting for their children who are on missions for the LDS church. Forgery! OMG! Lock them in prison and throw the key away! Signature verification of every ballot caught these Slave. The point is, we have a very small percentage of ballots that are rejected. A percentage so small it has no effect on the outcome of an election.

I, along with the majority in my state vote by mail. It's safe. It works. AND our Postal employees benefit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
          I'm going to tell you a little bit about the corruption in my state Slave. This is a red state Slave. We have voted this way for years. I started out as an absentee voter many years ago then my state adopted vote by mail. They sent me an application, I filled it out and returned it via mail.

When I cast my ballot I can check on it to make sure it was received. If there are discrepancies I am notified. My ballot has a bar code that is assigned to me. My signature is on file and I sign my ballot before returning it.

We have these horror stories of parents voting for their children who are on missions for the LDS church. Forgery! OMG! Lock them in prison and throw the key away! Signature verification of every ballot caught these Slave. The point is, we have a very small percentage of ballots that are rejected. A percentage so small it has no effect on the outcome of an election.

I, along with the majority in my state vote by mail. It's safe. It works. AND our Postal employees benefit as well.

I did see on the news the other night that absentee ballot requests are way up in my state and most are democrat voters. I just have to trust that New Mexico counties are ready for the large jump in requests but I do know they have been preparing for this for months. I voted this way in the primary and all went smoothly. I do feel the republican party under Trump is ready to make this an issue.

Comment

Well, this shows up on my feed this morning. I have to say when I first went to the website to request an absentee ballot, it took two days to accomplish. Kept telling me they did not recognize my drivers license. Another words, there was a glitch between NMvote website and Motor Vehicle website. Apparently this is continuing to happen. I had decided if the problem didn't get fixed in a few days, I would just vote in person. I am not worried about fraud, I am worried about glitches like this.

Pandemic strains New Mexico's election systems

When she tried to review her voter registration through the secretary of state’s online Voter Information Portal, the site repeatedly rejected her data. She called the state Bureau of Elections to find out how to ensure she would be able to vote in the upcoming general election, only to have a stressed-out worker shout at her, she said.

Ahead of the Nov. 3 presidential election — one expected to draw a record number of voters casting ballots by mail to avoid risks of contracting COVID-19 — Whisler encountered a series of problems hampering her voter registration efforts: New Mexico’s online voter portal was down, the Motor Vehicle Division was having trouble transferring voter data to election officials and every election office in the state was jammed up.

“It’s not just one thing,” Whisler said. “It’s multiple issues — the website not working, overload, something wrong at the DMV, a lunatic on the phone.”
            Concerns about COVID-19 have prompted a far higher number of absentee ballot requests than usual. As of late last week, Salazar’s office had received 33,000 county mail-in ballot requests, compared to 6,000 in 2016, the county clerk said.
            https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...qDQb_0B0h_TPqM

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
              Well, this shows up on my feed this morning. I have to say when I first went to the website to request an absentee ballot, it took two days to accomplish. Kept telling me they did not recognize my drivers license. Another words, there was a glitch between NMvote website and Motor Vehicle website. Apparently this is continuing to happen. I had decided if the problem didn't get fixed in a few days, I would just vote in person. I am not worried about fraud, I am worried about glitches like this.

Pandemic strains New Mexico's election systems

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...qDQb_0B0h_TPqM
              That is what I hear from friends in other states as well. Little glitches. Not across the nation fraud like Mango Mousilinni continues to push. We have the luxury of a drop box at our local library which is a couple blocks from the post office.

The mail box that was in front of the Sherwin Williams paint store near 881 vanished after buster DeJoy began sucking the life out of the Postal service.

Comment

Signed and sealed. Ready to drop at the municipal building ballot drop box.

Vote early !
                Vote !

Comment

We received notice that our ballots would be mailed on the 13th and we received them on the 14th. We have our 2020 candidate information guide in hand and are submitting our ballots this weekend.

Comment

Two links for checking on your mail in ballot.
                    One for Pennsylvania, the second for New Jersey.
                    I believe most states have some sort of system to see if your ballot was received.

Pennsylvania - https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/p...ttracking.aspx

New Jersey - https://www.nj.gov/state/elections/v...y-ballot.shtml

Comment

Our ballots have been received after we mailed them Monday. That's right. We mailed them. As we have for years.

Instead of looking for reasons for fraud and failure, why not look to a PROVEN program that delivers as promoted.

Comment

I am very happy to see this.....

Hero judge Sullivan orders sweep of mail processing facilities for ballots

"U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan is a full-on hero of this election, and he is going to do everything in his power to prevent the Trump sabotage of the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) from disenfranchising any voter. He's been monitoring the USPS delivery performance on a daily basis and on Tuesday, hedeterminedthat too many districts have been failing.

So he's ordered Postal Service inspectors to conduct sweeps of processing facilities in Central Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Detroit, Colorado/Wyoming, Atlanta, Houston, Alabama, Northern New England (Maine and New Hampshire), Greater South Carolina, South Florida, Lakeland (Wisconsin), and Arizona. Hisorderdirects inspectors to "sweep the facilities between 12:30 PM EST and 3:00 PM EST to ensure that no ballots have been held up and that any identified ballots are immediately sent out for delivery." He ordered that the USPS must file a status update "certifying compliance" and "that sweeps were conducted and that no ballots were left behind." That has to happen by 4:30 PM EST, and further, the USPS must "identify the 27 processing centers at which the [Office of Inspector General] was onsite and the list of facilities that the Postal Inspectors have observed since October 19, 2020." He is not letting Trump's USPS team off the hook."

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/...es-for-ballots

Comment

https://nypost.com/2020/11/08/if-the...ind-it-devine/
                          Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, Giuliani says that “50 to 60 poll-watchers . . . will all testify that they were uniformly deprived of their right to inspect any single part of the mail-in ballots . . . Not a single one was inspected as the law required. Even when a court order was obtained to allow the Republican inspectors to get six feet closer, they moved the people counting the ballots six further feet away.
                          It’s really simple. If you have nothing to hide with these mail-in ballots, you allow inspection.”

Giuliani has promised one lawsuit will be filed today and four more by the end of this week.

Another Trump team lawyer, Sidney Powell, claimed yesterday that 450,000 ballots had been found with only votes for Biden and no down-ballot selections, which she regarded as suspicious.

She also claimed in an interview on Fox News that two pieces of software called Hammer and Scorecard were used to flip votes from Trump to Biden in some pre-election voting ballots.
                          Due to the pandemic, around 40 percent of votes in Tuesday’s election were cast by mail, double the percentage in 2016.

Even the New York Times once reported the truth that mail-in voting is the most vulnerable to fraud.
                          This is why most developed countries ban the practice.

So, as you can see, it is perfectly reasonable in such a close election to take seriously allegations of irregularities and suspicious activity.

An honest media would investigate rather than dismissing the allegations out of hand as “baseless,” “false” and “conspiracy theories.”
                          Last edited by slavenomore; 11-09-2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

I can't wait to see the video of all these shenanigans with the counts.

Comment

Working...
                            X