Live voting vs mail in voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live voting vs mail in voting

I am doing a mail in ballot for the first time. That's IF I vote!! My state is so rural it has been difficult for many people to vote in person as it is. I am just using the option that has always been presented to me. To ask for one I had to sign up online, give my ss# and drivers license and I am already a registered voter so they are verifying that information. But our state also chose to send them out to everyone, requested or not because of the virus.
    Last edited by ABFwife; 05-17-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
      I am doing a mail in ballot for the first time. But our state also chose to send them out to everyone, requested or not because of the virus.
      This seems to be where the problems arise from.. How many people that have passed away will receive ballots?? Too much grey area for fraud.. We are lucky as the polling place is just a mile away right next to my sister in laws house and she choose to do it by mail but here you have to request a ballot..

Comment

Common sense article talking about vote by mail and how the US Troops and military routinely vote by mail, for many decades now.

US troops routinely vote by mail. Why can’t the rest of America do the same?
        Given the fact that the nation will most likely be dealing with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic well past the upcoming presidential election in November, it is important that the Congress allocate at least $4 billion in federal funding to the states so they can implement a robust vote-by-mail option and other measures to ensure all Americans can safely and effectively vote.
        The reasons for this are obvious. Large numbers of people voting in person makes it hard to follow the CDC guidelines on social distancing. Moreover, during a presidential election many polling locations are more crowded than usual and people vote with widely shared machines. At least 50 voters and poll workers who were at polling places during the recently-held Wisconsin presidential primary are now infected with COVID-19.
        Not surprisingly President Trump has opposed allowing states to give every American the option to vote by mail. While he claims that voting by mail has a tremendous potential for fraud, he has publicly admitted that the real reason is that he fears a large turnout favors Democrats. But if Trump had not avoided military service in Vietnam in 1968, by having a doctor make a dubious claim that he had bone spurs, he would have known that the U.S. military and their families have been voting by mail in large numbers since the Civil War, that Congress has been supporting it these past 150 years, and that there have been almost no instances of fraud. (Ironically in 1864 the Democrats warned of fraud and called it a scheme by Republicans.)
        If Trump succeeds in limiting the vote by mail option, it will have an adverse impact on our veterans. As a result of their service, thousands are physically disabled, and others are suffering from diseases as a result of their exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam and burn pits in the wars in the Middle East.
        It is important to recognize that mail-in ballots can make a difference in an election and in history. For example, there is a great deal of evidence that by counting mail-in ballots from military people that missed the election deadline for the presidential election in Florida in 2000 President Bush was able to squeak out by a margin of 537 votes to win over Vice President Gore in that state.
        https://www.militarytimes.com/opinio...a-do-the-same/

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
          Common sense article talking about vote by mail and how the US Troops and military routinely vote by mail, for many decades now.

US troops routinely vote by mail. Why can’t the rest of America do the same?

https://www.militarytimes.com/opinio...a-do-the-same/
          Ballot harvesting opens the door to fraud.. There lies the problem and we all know that the left will do whatever it can to get power..

Comment

From my link in post #18.

For example, there is a great deal of evidence that by counting mail-in ballots from military people that missed the election deadline for the presidential election in Florida in 2000 President Bush was able to squeak out by a margin of 537 votes to win over Vice President Gore in that state.

Does that mean fraud happened ?

It is important to recognize that mail-in ballots can make a difference in an election and in history.

As evidenced by the Bush / Gore vote.

Comment

From my link in post #18.

Does that mean fraud happened ?

As evidenced by the Bush / Gore vote.
              As long as you have players that will do anything to get their person elected you will have a good chance of fraud.. mail in voting makes it easy for them..What happens to all those ballets that are mailed out and given to people that don't care about voting?? Maybe give them to a friend?? Again until they make the penalties for voter fraud a felony with mandatory jail time fraud will continue.. We have live voted for all these years.. I would rather go and push the lever in the voting booth..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                As long as you have players that will do anything to get their person elected you will have a good chance of fraud.
                Does that mean fraud was possibly a reason Bush was elected ?
                We have live voted for all these years.. I would rather go and push the lever in the voting booth..
                We have mail voting since the civil war.
                I like "freedom" ... that word that is used so often by many people.
                The freedom to vote by mail if I so choose, and I do. Been doing for many years.

I might add that last known case of voter fraud was perpetuated upon the public by a republican. My opinion is those that cry the loudest are usually the guilty party.

Comment

The freedom to vote by mail if I so choose, and I do. Been doing for many years.

I might add that last known case of voter fraud was perpetuated upon the public by a republican. My opinion is those that cry the loudest are usually the guilty party.
                  Fraudulent ballots would be offset by the sheer number of ballots returned by eligible voters.

It's much easier to cry FRAUD and suppress the vote than have a fair election.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Anything is possible and it could be that Gore was that close due to fraudulent ballets..

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                    Fraudulent ballots would be offset by the sheer number of ballots returned by eligible voters.

It's much easier to cry FRAUD and suppress the vote than have a fair election.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Maybe you could explain that a wee bit more..

Comment

Majority Matters ... a conservative right wing organization with a catchy slogan.
                      Kind of an oxymoron statement considering the majority of American voters did not cast their ballot for Trump in 2016.

The Myth of Voter Fraud
                      Politicians at all levels of government have repeatedly, and falsely, claimed the 2016 and 2018 elections were marred by millions of people voting illegally. However, extensive research reveals that fraud is very rare, voter impersonation is virtually nonexistent, and many instances of alleged fraud are, in fact, mistakes by voters or administrators. The same is true for mail ballots, which are secure and essential to holding a safe election amid the coronavirus pandemic.
                      The Brennan Center's seminal report The Truth About Voter Fraud conclusively demonstrated that most allegations of fraud turn out to be baseless and that most of the few remaining allegations reveal irregularities and other forms of election misconduct. Numerous other studies, including one commissioned by the Trump administration, have reached the same conclusion.
                      https://www.brennancenter.org/issues...th-voter-fraud

Comment

Comment

Facts are better at making a point. Those facts allow others to understand what the term means and why it's important to see actual statistics on voter fraud.

Voter Fraud Facts | Voter Fraud Statistics
                          Get the Facts on Voter Fraud in The United States

Although voter fraud is an issue in America, the ways in which voter fraud occur may be different from what you think. On our site we answer questions like, “Does voter fraud exist?”, “How are voter id laws impacting the country?”, “How do the different types of voter fraud affect elections?”, and “Is individual voter fraud a problem in the first place?”
                          Out of the 197 million votes cast for federal candidates between 2002 and 2005, only 40 voters were indicted for voter fraud. Only 26 of those cases, or about .00000013 percent of the votes cast, resulted in convictions or guilty pleas.
                          Accusations of voter fraud come from both sides of the isle, but both the “left” and “right” in America seem to have very different and conflicting viewpoints on how voter fraud is occurring. In some cases the facts and statistics back up one group more than the other, but the truth is rarely black or white.
                          Historically both Libertarian and Republican backed organizations have been accused of helping to spread talking points and draft legislation to prevent low-incomes families, students, seniors, and “minorities” from voting.
                          With all the talk from Republicans about how big of a problem voter fraud is for the country and all the talk from the left saying it isn’t an issue, the facts tend to get lost in the confusion.

The truth is that voter fraud does exist. Not just in America, but in just about every election since the beginning of time (to be fair, this is a logical assumption and not a fact). Make no mistake, neither the left or right (radicals excluded) think we don’t need to protect our democracy from voter fraud, they just have very different opinions on how this should be done.
                          http://voterfraudfacts.com/

Comment

Evidently every vote doesn't count.. Republican votes? Democratic votes??

Federal Data: 16.4M Mail-In Ballots Went Missing in 2016, 2018 Elections

3:08
                            About 16.4 million mail-in ballots went missing in the 2016 and 2018 elections, data provided to Breitbart News reveals.

The data from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission and the Election Administration and Voting Surveys for 2016 and 2018, provided by the Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF), shows that between the 2016 and 2018 elections, roughly 16.4 million ballots mailed to registered voters went missing.
                            In the 2018 election, about 42.4 million ballots were mailed to registered voters. Of those mailed, more than one million were undeliverable, more than 430,000 were rejected, and nearly 10.5 million went missing.

The 2016 election showed similar discrepancies. That year, about 41.6 million ballots were mailed to registered voters. Of those mailed, more than 568,000 were undeliverable, nearly 320,000 were rejected, and close to six million went missing.

“Putting the election in the hands of the United States Postal Service would be a catastrophe. In 2018 and 2016, there were 16 million missing and misdirected ballots,” PILF President J. Christian Adams said in a statement. He went on:

These represent 16 million opportunities for someone to cheat. Absentee ballot fraud is the most common; the most expensive to investigate; and can never be reversed after an election. The status quo was already bad for mail balloting. The proposed emergency fix is worse.
                            https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...018-elections/

Comment

Different points to see, from all sides. But to list a ballot as "missing" because it was never returned is absurd. A good twist, as they say. If you don't want to cast your ballot, why return the ballot itself ?

A Conservative Legal Group Significantly Miscalculated Data in a Report on Mail-In Voting
                              In an April report that warns of the risks of fraud in mail-in voting, a conservative legal group significantly inflated a key statistic, a ProPublica analysis found. The Public Interest Legal Foundation reported that more than 1 million ballots sent out to voters in 2018 were returned as undeliverable. Taken at face value, that would represent a 91% increase over the number of undeliverable mail ballots in 2016, a sign that a vote-by-mail system would be a “catastrophe” for elections, the group argued.

However, after ProPublica provided evidence to PILF that it had in fact doubled the official government numbers, the organization corrected its figure. The number of undeliverable mail ballots dropped slightly from 2016 to 2018.
                              The report describes as “missing” all mail ballots that were delivered to a valid address but not returned to be counted.
                              Numerous academic studies have shown that cases of voter fraud are extremely rare, although they do occur, and that fraud in mail voting seems to occur more often than with in-person voting.
                              https://www.propublica.org/article/a...mail-in-voting

Comment

Union leaders back vote by mail
                                WASHINGTON—Top union leaders, marshaled by AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, are backing the $3.6 billion in the House Democrats’ stimulus bill to pay states to establish vote-by-mail systems—and the measure’s mandate requiring states to do so.

But whether the unionists’ statements, plus wide public support for the idea, will be enough to sway either President Donald Trump or the overwhelming majority of the Senate’s ruling Republicans, remains to be seen. Both Trump and the GOP lawmakers fear that the more people vote, as Trump put it, the more the Republicans lose at the polls.

The vote-by-mail money is part of the $3 trillion House version of the economic stimulus bill passed last Friday. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, DFL-Minn., its Senate sponsor, joined Trumka and four union presidents on a May 13 telephone press conference to push it.
                                https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...-vote-by-mail/

Comment

Working...
                                X