Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Live voting vs mail in voting

I think it is much more trustworthy in person with ID.
    If we use mail in ballots, then I think there should be a long delay until all verified to be all registered voters what are alive and who actually live where they say they live. Thorough checks must be done because both sides have been caught cheating. The vote for our politicians should be correct and honest.
    The divisions may lessen with something involving very thorough bipartisan and Independent checks on who actually voted.
    I don't want right-to-work scabs voting in union elections and I don't want illegals voting in our political elections.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 06-27-2020 at 04:13 PM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I feel if it's acceptable for the leader of our country ( along with his family ), Pence ( who voted from the wrong location ) and the many swamp critters and others associated with this administration that vote by mail ... then it's good enough for the average citizen. Let's not forget all our government and military members that also must vote by mail.

Trump Staffers Who Voted By Mail, a Process He Calls ‘Rigged’

https://nymag-com.cdn.ampproject.org...mail-list.html

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    What percentage of voters do it by mail vs the entire nation voting by mail.. Do you think the Post Office can handle it?? The same post office that couldn't get my electric bill delivered to the next town I live in?? This nation has voted in polling stations for years and now the left's excuse is voter suppression?? Or is it they cannot cheat as easily??

3. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    What percentage of voters do it by mail vs the entire nation voting by mail.. Do you think the Post Office can handle it?? The same post office that couldn't get my electric bill delivered to the next town I live in?? This nation has voted in polling stations for years and now the left's excuse is voter suppression?? Or is it they cannot cheat as easily??
    Or is it they are trying to save the Post Office? Now that you mention it.
    I like the Post Office and UPS.

5. Likes crazy Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Or is it they are trying to save the Post Office? Now that you mention it.
    I like the Post Office and UPS.
    It (mail in ballots) work in Utah Slave and in turn our USPS employees work.

7. Likes slavenomore, fxstc07 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Just a couple days after finding out Democrat officials in New Jersey were charged for election fraud involving mail in ballots, we have a woman charged in Indiana with mail in voter fraud. This individual in Indiana delivered mail in ballot applications with 400 of these mail in ballots being prechecked Democrat before delivery. With multiple individuals now being charged for election fraud involving mail in ballots for Democrat officials or prechecked mail in ballots marked Democrat, you have to wonder if the Democrat establishment set themselves up for a trap with this mail in ballot harvesting agenda...As we are starting to see multiple Democrats now being charged in America for election fraud involving mail in ballots. This likely won't be the last time over a span of a few days where Democrats get charged for election fraud involving mail in ballots, but Democrats like Pelosi and their media will continue to claim there is nothing to worry about with mail in voting.

https://www.puppetstringnews.com/blo...kwXXNYryrbGvW8

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Fraud, a charge that gets thrown around a lot and is something perpetrated by all people, all parties and all elections.
    From the simple man altering ballots to a complex scheme involving a district. It happens, so that isn't a reason to restrict disenfranchised voters.
    Here is a postal carrier caught changing ballots.

What a West Virginia man says was a small, joking attempt at voter fraud shows just how closely officials are watching
    A case of alleged election fraud that a West Virginia mail carrier says was a joking attempt to alter ballot requests shows just how closely local and federal officials are watching.

According to a complaint written by an investigator working for the West Virginia Secretary of State's Office, Thomas Cooper, 47, of Dry Fork, West Virginia, and a mail carrier for Pendleton County, was joking when he altered ballot requests sent by some people on his delivery route, changing their party affiliations from Democrat to Republican.
    That investigation found five ballot requests that had been altered from "Democrat" to "Republican." On three other requests, the party wasn't changed but the word "Republican" was circled in addition to the checked "Republican" box.
    Cooper, who was responsible for mail delivery in the three towns from which the tampered ballot requests were mailed, admitted to altering some of the requests, saying it was a joke, according to the affidavit.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/polit...nia/index.html

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Can vote-by-mail be fixed for November election? Election officials warn of problems.

Updated Jul 25, 2020; Posted Jul 25, 2020

https://www.nj.com/politics/2020/07/...m1m6xf58ievD40

Returned ballots, misprinted ballots, and significant mail delays were just some issues New Jersey voters encountered during the July mail-in primary, and county clerks say significant improvements would have to be made if the November election is held the same way.
    Lack of awareness surrounding the elections was one of the biggest hurdles counties has to overcome, Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami-Covello told NJ Advance Media this week as county offices neared the end of a three-week stint of finalizing results.
    “We had quite a few people that were saying, ‘why did I get a ballot mailed to me?,’ because they didn’t know that was the way that the governor had ordered the election to be conducted for this election,” Sollami-Covello said, saying a lack of voter awareness was just one of the issues her office faced in the primary election.
    Less than 20% of New Jersey voters knew the election had been moved to July, a Rutgers Eagleton poll found.
    “The state really didn’t step up on (education). I never saw any of their stuff. They claim they did a campaign but I never saw it,” Hunterdon County Clerk Mary Melfi told NJ Advance Media.
    Early education will be key to a smooth November election, both clerks said.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

And another story.. This one in New York.

The Chaos in New York Is a Warning
    The first large-scale test of mail-in voting in the pandemic has left one in five New Yorkers with their votes tossed out.

EDWARD-ISAAC DOVERE
    JULY 24, 2020

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...voting/614446/

More than a month after New York’s June 23 primary elections, state election officials are still counting votes. In some legislative districts, they haven’t even started counting absentee votes. In the best-case scenario, election officials hope to declare winners by the first Tuesday in August—six weeks after Election Day. It might take a lot longer than that. Election officials in New York City have already invalidated upwards of 100,000 absentee ballots—about one of every five that were mailed in from the five boroughs. And furious candidates are already filing lawsuits charging discrimination and disenfranchisement.
    The chaos in New York is a warning about November’s elections: Voting is being transformed by the pandemic. But no state has built new election infrastructure. No state has the time or the money to make sure vote-counting will go smoothly in November. And just about every state is about to be hit with a massive surge of absentee ballots.

“This is what happens,” a New York election official told me over the phone last week, “when you jury-rig a system that hasn’t been designed or implemented or tested before.”

In New York, the election infrastructure was overwhelmed by a massive increase in voters requesting absentee ballots rather than risking voting in person. Ballot-printing firms couldn’t keep up with demand, and the already rickety U.S. Postal Service didn’t move the ballots to and from voters quickly enough. Election officials, meanwhile, have seemed more interested in pointing fingers than in solving the problems.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Another blistering video from VoteVets.org.

The veterans' rights group VoteVets is going after President Donald Trump for his war on the U.S. mail, explaining that while he might think it's about preventing Democrats from voting it's hurting veterans and soldiers.
    "After five draft deferments and faked bone spurs excuses Trump is finally going to war — with the U.S. Postal Service," the ad begins. "Yeah, the Post Office. The one that American troops have relied on for over 200 years."
    "Today and every single workday 330,000 veterans are due a prescription drug delivery by the U.S. Postal Service. And today, tens of thousands aren't getting their prescriptions because Donald Trump declared war on the mail. Firing workers, disrupting deliveries, defunding operations. The thing is, this is just a warm-up for the fall. Donald Trump plans to disrupt absentee ballots and vote-by-mail for millions of Americans in the middle of a pandemic he failed to control."
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1293916263945707522

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/vv...3-twitter-usps

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

what I find simply stupid is DC and people involved raising hell about trump trying to stop mail in ballots and we go in person to vote is

1. these same people are going out everyday probably not wearing a mask.
    2. I think they could also have lawsuits in their states against their governor for closing retail businesses still.
    3. the biggest thing is these people are hollering that trump is trying to kill us and make us go vote in person and possible spread the COVID. Hes a dictator for this. The whole time these people are running around all day doing their life and its all fine by doing that and spreading the COVID don't matter as much then, but ohhh hell no when it comes to voting in person.

14. Likes slavenomore, 1484-1075 Liked this post

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast