Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live voting vs mail in voting

https://www.dos.pa.gov/VotingElectio...tatistics.aspx
    Almost 9 million registered voters in PA for 2016. 70% voted. If the Governor wants mail in votes...Id say that might clog thing up a bit. Getting mailed out. And getting mailed in.
    Fauci is the guy who everybody listened too and he says it's ok to go to polls.
    Changing it is just looking for trouble.
    One year Bush wins. Another year Clinton. Another Bush. Another Obama. Another Trump.
    No need for change unless somebody is desiring trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
      https://www.dos.pa.gov/VotingElectio...tatistics.aspx
      Almost 9 million registered voters in PA for 2016. 70% voted. If the Governor wants mail in votes...Id say that might clog thing up a bit. Getting mailed out. And getting mailed in.
      Fauci is the guy who everybody listened too and he says it's ok to go to polls.
      Changing it is just looking for trouble.
      One year Bush wins. Another year Clinton. Another Bush. Another Obama. Another Trump.
      No need for change unless somebody is desiring trouble.
      good point

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        what y'all did isn't the same thing as mail in ballots is it? you still went to a polling place early didn't you?
        No, we requested an absentee ballot and mailed it.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
          What exactly is voter suppression??
          That wasn't explained in detail by the bobble head brigades at Faux Snooze?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_suppression

And here I thought you had 100% faith in the Post Office.. Evidently not..
          I have plenty of faith in the rank and file that process and deliver. I was one of them a few years back. It's the Union busting lackey McTrump inserted to set them up to fail I have no faith in. My question was directed towards the "mismanagement" AKA as "Only the best people" that are responsible. Your post claimed I would receive my ballot without an explanation how. Surely there is someone waiting in the wings of this revolving door administration that is up to the grift, I mean task.....

Last edited by 222lifer; 08-18-2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Here is a link to my home states voter registration information. You can check to see if your registered, and the location and date you registered.
            If you haven't registered to vote, you can do that though the states web site. The site is the Division of Elections, State of New Jersey.
            This site offers all matter of information concerning elections.

Department of State
            New Jersey Division of Elections

https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/registration-check

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post

I have plenty of faith in the rank and file that process and deliver. I was one of them a few years back. It's the Union busting lackey McTrump inserted to set them up to fail I have no faith in. My question was directed towards the "mismanagement" AKA as "Only the best people" that are responsible. Your post claimed I would receive my ballot without an explanation how. Surely there is someone waiting in the wings of this revolving door administration that is up to the grift, I mean task.....

First all if it is anything other than a democrat than it is a union buster.. That is actually getting old.. Need new material?? I also have faith in the post office but the link I provided showed it is not about how the PO can handle it or not but the timeline different states put on it.. Did you read the link??

Comment

Seems the Democrats are setting themselves up for excuses why they will lose the 2020 election.. voter suppression?? Everyone can go and vote.. some if they go to the polls might have to wait a little longer.. Some don't.. I guess I am lucky as I have never been at a polling place more than 15 minutes.. If you want to vote by mail?? request your ballot and send it back with time to spare.. Don't wait till the last minute than cry about why you didn't get your ballot in.. Voter suppression?? Nothing more than a myth..

Comment

Seems the Democrats are setting themselves up for excuses why they will lose the 2020 election.. voter suppression?? Everyone can go and vote.. some if they go to the polls might have to wait a little longer.. Some don't.. I guess I am lucky as I have never been at a polling place more than 15 minutes.. If you want to vote by mail?? request your ballot and send it back with time to spare.. Don't wait till the last minute than cry about why you didn't get your ballot in.. Voter suppression?? Nothing more than a myth..
                  What is a myth to some is a reality to others. We, as a nation, should be striving to make it easier, not more difficult to cast a ballot.

Comment

First all if it is anything other than a democrat than it is a union buster.. That is actually getting old.. Need new material?? I also have faith in the post office but the link I provided showed it is not about how the PO can handle it or not but the timeline different states put on it.. Did you read the link??
                    First of all, that boot licking lackey Trump put in charge that I called a Union buster earned that title. His career of crapping on his employees is quite impressive. I call them like I see them. I won't defend that POS. That's all yours.

Comment

First of all, that boot licking lackey Trump put in charge that I called a Union buster earned that title. His career of crapping on his employees is quite impressive. I call them like I see them. I won't defend that POS. That's all yours.

Not mine buddy, I don't like the guy either.. The Post office has lost over $70 billion over the last 13 years.. Mostly because they have to fund the benefits for workers who aren't even hired yet.. I believe that a policy that was put into effect when Bush was in office.. Back then I believe they wanted to privatize the PO.. The guy there now is there to stop the bleeding..

Comment

I don't like the guy either..
                        I'm not so sure about that. Was it something I said? Was my description of what that worker abusing Sac-O- DeJoy actually IS cause for your posting a defense of him? Or was that directed at me personally? Did I offend someone? Too bad. My post was directed at him. I'll call him a Union buster every day of the week. If he happens to be a republican boot licker and it hurts some fee fee's of those that love all things red? All I can say is grow some thicker skin. Just in case anyone has forgotten.....This is a pro Union site and we don't welcome scabs or Union busters. They are taken to task.

The Post office has lost over $70 billion over the last 13 years.. Mostly because they have to fund the benefits for workers who aren't even hired yet.. I believe that a policy that was put into effect when Bush was in office.. Back then I believe they wanted to privatize the PO.. The guy there now is there to stop the bleeding..
                        That Union busting puke is there for one reason. Stop the bleeding? I'd never call it that because his intentions are quite clear. There is a history.....His focus is on robotics, autonomous vehicles, automated sortation systems, drones and other cutting-edge technologies. He proudly endorses a contractor model that robs workers of duly earned compensation and has racked up quite a sum to repay those he stole from through successful legal action taken against the flagship.

There is quite a list on our site in various threads of his worker exploitation.

The goal is to show how "broken" the USPS is. Slow it all down to a crawl. Then watch the ax start swinging again.

https://www.workers.org/2020/05/48913/amp/

Last edited by 222lifer; 08-19-2020, 12:02 AM.

Comment

First of all, that boot licking lackey Trump put in charge that I called a Union buster earned that title. His career of crapping on his employees is quite impressive. I call them like I see them. I won't defend that POS. [B] That's all yours. [
                          Maybe those words highlighted by you have a different meaning?? Maybe your panties are a little too tight and you can't think straight.. Talk about having thicker skin??

I'm not so sure about that. Was it something I said? Was my description of what that worker abusing Sac-O- DeJoy actually IS cause for your posting a defense of him? Or was that directed at me personally? Did I offend someone? Too bad. My post was directed at him. I'll call him a Union buster every day of the week. If he happens to be a republican boot licker and it hurts some fee fee's of those that love all things red? All I can say is grow some thicker skin. Just in case anyone has forgotten.....This is a pro Union site and we don't welcome scabs or Union busters. They are taken to task.

That Union busting puke is there for one reason. Stop the bleeding? I'd never call it that because his intentions are quite clear. There is a history.....His focus is on robotics, autonomous vehicles, automated sortation systems, drones and other cutting-edge technologies. He proudly endorses a contractor model that robs workers of duly earned compensation and has racked up quite a sum to repay those he stole from through successful legal action taken against the flagship.

There is quite a list on our site in various threads of his worker exploitation.

The goal is to show how "broken" the USPS is. Slow it all down to a crawl. Then watch the ax start swinging again.

https://www.workers.org/2020/05/48913/amp/

Truth hurts?? Talk about having thicker skin?? I use to think you had it but evidently I was wrong.. I said I never liked the guy but you have to twist or spin like you normally do.. And yes I know this is a pro union site but your a typical liberal.. You don't like something someone posts than you go into attack mode.. Show me what I posted was wrong.. Tell me the Post office isn't bleeding.. Do some REAL research before you look like a fool again..

Comment

Maybe those words highlighted by you have a different meaning?? Maybe your panties are a little too tight and you can't think straight.. Talk about having thicker skin??

Truth hurts?? Talk about having thicker skin?? I use to think you had it but evidently I was wrong.. I said I never liked the guy but you have to twist or spin like you normally do.. And yes I know this is a pro union site but your a typical liberal.. You don't like something someone posts than you go into attack mode.. Show me what I posted was wrong.. Tell me the Post office isn't bleeding.. Do some REAL research before you look like a fool again..
                            Now exactly who went into attack mode when they didn't like what someone posted?

First all if it is anything other than a democrat than it is a union buster.. That is actually getting old.. Need new material??
                            That was what I received after pointing out the facts on what Trump's lackey DeJoy is.

Also, if being "liberal" means pointing out facts on who has a track record of violating labor, then I am guilty as charged. I'll proudly wear that hat and continue on.

I don't recall my posts denying any of the USPS financial woes. My concern is with buster boy DeJoy in place there will be a wrench or two thrown into the cogs. More than my little town has witnessed already in mail delivery. Slowing delivery to a crawl. Job losses. Automation. Privatization. Pension destruction. Everything that man's record proves....

Our work here is important and It's quite offensive to our staff that you feel our "research" isn't real. Many hours are spent documenting how labor has suffered. We'll just keep on being "liberal."

Comment

Anybody that doesn't think this administration made a deliberate attempt to slow all mail services just as a national election was coming never gave any thought to the repercussions.
                              This was nothing more then voter suppression.

Cleveland postal union reports dismantled sorting equipment, delivery concerns
                              The controversy over dismantled sorting machines discovered in the back of Cleveland's main post office on Orange Avenue has citizens and postal union leaders concerned about the delivery of mail-in ballots for the November election.
                              Concerns continue after the U.S. Postal Service told Ohio and other states that it may not meet mail-in voting deadlines because of idled equipment and budget shortfalls that have created worry that the upcoming election could be undermined.
                              The U.S. Postal Service told News 5 the sorting equipment left outside was not for letters and postcards and issued the following statement:
                              "The machine was moved months ago and it's just one that was used to process flats (like magazines) which is a class of mail volume that has declined over the years."

However, Nigel Saleem, V.P. Cleveland American Postal Workers Union Local 72 told News 5 other sorting machines that are used for letters and postcards have been taken off-line in recent months and weeks, in what he said appears to be a postal slowdown.
                              https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...ivery-concerns

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                                Anybody that doesn't think this administration made a deliberate attempt to slow all mail services just as a national election was coming never gave any thought to the repercussions.
                                This was nothing more then voter suppression.

Cleveland postal union reports dismantled sorting equipment, delivery concerns

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...ivery-concerns
                                Where are the replacements for the machines taken off line? Will they just replace the machines they removed or add more displacing humans?

We're missing a couple of mail boxes in our town. Removed but not replaced. Why didn't they just exchange them?

The driver from NPT I see at the gate still complains that mail continues to back up where he works part time. That is the main facility in Salt Lake where I worked part time years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X