Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Live voting vs mail in voting

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ons-are-taken/

Dr. Anthony Fauci, chief medical advisor for the Trump administration’s coronavirus task force, said this week that he sees “no reason” Americans should avoid voting in-person as long as social distancing guidelines are followed.

“I think if carefully done, according to the guidelines, there’s no reason that I can see why that not be the case,” Fauci said of in-person voting during a National Geographic event that aired Thursday. “If you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don’t have a crowded situation, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to do that.”

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    what I find simply stupid is DC and people involved raising hell about trump trying to stop mail in ballots and we go in person to vote is

1. these same people are going out everyday probably not wearing a mask.
    2. I think they could also have lawsuits in their states against their governor for closing retail businesses still.
    3. the biggest thing is these people are hollering that trump is trying to kill us and make us go vote in person and possible spread the COVID. Hes a dictator for this. The whole time these people are running around all day doing their life and its all fine by doing that and spreading the COVID don't matter as much then, but ohhh hell no when it comes to voting in person.
    I and the wife have voted absentee in our state for years. THIS state knows how it's done. No one can cast more than one ballot because a bar code is assigned to each voter once it is scanned the vote is counted and no other votes can be cast.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

what I find simply stupid is DC and people involved raising hell about trump trying to stop mail in ballots and we go in person to vote is

1. these same people are going out everyday probably not wearing a mask.
    2. I think they could also have lawsuits in their states against their governor for closing retail businesses still.
    3. the biggest thing is these people are hollering that trump is trying to kill us and make us go vote in person and possible spread the COVID. Hes a dictator for this. The whole time these people are running around all day doing their life and its all fine by doing that and spreading the COVID don't matter as much then, but ohhh hell no when it comes to voting in person.
    Here's another thing Trump can pound up his big orange vote suppressing . I hear now that I may not receive my ballot in time to vote. This state has voted by mail for years. Dollars Zollars and an ex CEO of scabway XPO should not be within a million miles of anything they can bring corruption to. But here we are........

4. Thanks ABFwife thanked for this post
    Likes gillholey Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Here's another thing Trump can pound up his big orange vote suppressing . I hear now that I may not receive my ballot in time to vote. This state has voted by mail for years. Dollars Zollars and an ex CEO of scabway XPO should not be within a million miles of anything they can bring corruption to. But here we are........

There is no voter suppression .If you requested a absentee ballot you will get it.. This isn't about absentee ballots.. There is a big difference between absentee ballots and mail in ballots..You can google it or here is a link you can look at..

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trump...GlOcDYrClywmSA

2. The notion that Trump is not funding the USPS is not true. The Trump administration agreed on July 29 to loan the USPS “$10 billion in emergency coronavirus relief funding, ” The Washington Post reported, adding that the money is “a crucial injection of cash that postal officials say will keep the debt-laden agency solvent for at least another year.” In exchange for the money, USPS will provide the Treasury Department “copies of its 10 largest ‘negotiated service agreements,’ or contracts with high-volume third-party shippers such as Amazon, FedEx and UPS.” The goal, Treasury Department Sec. Steve Mnuchin explained, is “to fulfill the President’s goal of establishing a sustainable business model under which USPS can continue to provide necessary mail service for all Americans, without shifting costs to taxpayers.”
    8. The USPS recently warned 46 states and D.C. that “it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted,” The Washington Post reported. However, journalist Jeryl Bier did some digging and found what he believes is the actual problem: the voting laws in each state.

“Some of these USPS letters ‘warning’ states that mail-in ballots might not be counted are because some states’ laws permit ‘voters to request a ballot as late as 4 days before the election’,” Bier wrote. “FOUR DAYS. It’s no wonder they are warning them. This is not new.” In another tweet, Bier wrote: “In Ohio, a voter may request by mail a mail-in ballot all the way up until THREE DAYS before the election. Then officials have to mail that ballot to the voter, then the voter must get it postmarked by election day! No wonder the USPS is ‘warning’ states!”

Bier added: “The stories I have seen on this give the impression the problem is a service issue with USPS delays. But the USPS evaluated all states’ mail-in voting laws and then sent letters cautioning them that conflicts may disenfranchise voters. But it’s the voting laws that are the issue.” In response to the 46 states to which the USPS sent letters, Bier wrote: “These stories (see below) refer to ‘delayed ballots’ as if the USPS is sitting on them. But the USPS letters to the states are warning about their laws being too loose to work well with long-standing USPS delivery times and ballot-mailing recommendations.”

6. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    There is no voter suppression .If you requested a absentee ballot you will get it.. This isn't about absentee ballots.. There is a big difference between absentee ballots and mail in ballots..You can google it or here is a link you can look at..

There is no voter suppression.
    Did Hannity tell you that? That surely didn't come from anyone that has knowledge of what constitutes voter suppression.

If you requested a absentee ballot you will get it.. This isn't about absentee ballots..
    Is there now an agency that can determine with 100% accuracy that I will receive an absentee ballot? Did the Tang Colored Tyrant appoint another Union busting lackey to head that up as well?

There is a big difference between absentee ballots and mail in ballots..
    Was that a direct quote from Citrus Caesar or from the link you provided? I would like to know what the big difference between absentee ballots and mail in ballots are.

Last edited by 222lifer; 08-17-2020 at 04:17 PM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Did Hannity tell you that? That surely didn't come from anyone that has knowledge of what constitutes voter suppression.
    What exactly is voter suppression??

Is there now an agency that can determine with 100% accuracy that I will receive an absentee ballot? Did the Tang Colored Tyrant appoint another Union busting lackey to head that up as well?
    And here I thought you had 100% faith in the Post Office.. Evidently not..

Not rocket science .. Absentee ballots are requested.. mail in voting is "everyone" on the voter rolls gets a ballot whether or not they still live at the address or even if they are pushing up daisies..

9. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

What if you get a form, from the state, and it's a request form for that absentee ballot. Then you open it and not only find the request form, but an advertisement or political commentary for Trump. Of course as you read more, you find the state republican party sent that out, just to make sure you can request a ballot and read some propaganda at the same time.
    Still can't determine the difference between and absentee ballot and a mail in ballot.
    They both travel though the mail system. Both require voters to be registered.
    Saying there is a "big difference" without an explanation simply means there is no difference. It's just an opinion.

Some NC voters receive absentee ballot request forms in the mail with President Trump's face on them
    Given the crisis facing the United States Postal Service before a presidential election, the last thing John Herter expected to receive in the mail Saturday was an absentee ballot request form with President Donald Trump's face on it.
    "Is this a joke?" Herter said his wife told him as she opened up the mailer to reveal a photo of Trump grinning underneath the words, "Are you going to let the Democrats silence you? Act now to stand with President Trump."
    Herter, of Lincoln County is among a group of voters in North Carolina to receive the mailer over the past few days after Trump said that he opposed crucial USPS funding because he doesn't want to see it used for mail-in voting this November.
    One voter concerned over the problems facing the USPS is Taylor Alexander, of Wake County, North Carolina. She received the absentee ballot request form on Wednesday.
    "My initial reaction was that I was kind of shocked, and laughed because of the irony of it, because Trump had been railing against mail-in voting, but here his party was, promoting it, and sending out an absentee ballot request form," Alexander said. "I think it's ridiculous that the funding is being cut and processes are being changed in the post office. People's life saving medication are days late, bills aren't being paid on time, and all for what? It's rigging the election."
    https://www.ketv.com/article/voters-...-them/33616114

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

well i cant argue that point on zollars lol

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

I and the wife have voted absentee in our state for years. THIS state knows how it's done. No one can cast more than one ballot because a bar code is assigned to each voter once it is scanned the vote is counted and no other votes can be cast.

what y'all did isn't the same thing as mail in ballots is it? you still went to a polling place early didn't you?

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

what y'all did isn't the same thing as mail in ballots is it? you still went to a polling place early didn't you?
    In my state, we request an ansentee ballot from the county. After that the ballots are sent in the mail to my house, I fill it out, complete with security measures, and mail it back to the county board of elections.
    Been doing that for 18 years now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

14. Thanks Jimmy thanked for this post

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast