Live voting vs mail in voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live voting vs mail in voting

Fraud, a charge that gets thrown around a lot and is something perpetrated by all people, all parties and all elections.
    From the simple man altering ballots to a complex scheme involving a district. It happens, so that isn't a reason to restrict disenfranchised voters.
    Here is a postal carrier caught changing ballots.

What a West Virginia man says was a small, joking attempt at voter fraud shows just how closely officials are watching
    A case of alleged election fraud that a West Virginia mail carrier says was a joking attempt to alter ballot requests shows just how closely local and federal officials are watching.

According to a complaint written by an investigator working for the West Virginia Secretary of State's Office, Thomas Cooper, 47, of Dry Fork, West Virginia, and a mail carrier for Pendleton County, was joking when he altered ballot requests sent by some people on his delivery route, changing their party affiliations from Democrat to Republican.
    That investigation found five ballot requests that had been altered from "Democrat" to "Republican." On three other requests, the party wasn't changed but the word "Republican" was circled in addition to the checked "Republican" box.
    Cooper, who was responsible for mail delivery in the three towns from which the tampered ballot requests were mailed, admitted to altering some of the requests, saying it was a joke, according to the affidavit.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/polit...nia/index.html

Comment

Can vote-by-mail be fixed for November election? Election officials warn of problems.

Updated Jul 25, 2020; Posted Jul 25, 2020

https://www.nj.com/politics/2020/07/...m1m6xf58ievD40

Returned ballots, misprinted ballots, and significant mail delays were just some issues New Jersey voters encountered during the July mail-in primary, and county clerks say significant improvements would have to be made if the November election is held the same way.
      Lack of awareness surrounding the elections was one of the biggest hurdles counties has to overcome, Mercer County Clerk Paula Sollami-Covello told NJ Advance Media this week as county offices neared the end of a three-week stint of finalizing results.
      “We had quite a few people that were saying, ‘why did I get a ballot mailed to me?,’ because they didn’t know that was the way that the governor had ordered the election to be conducted for this election,” Sollami-Covello said, saying a lack of voter awareness was just one of the issues her office faced in the primary election.
      Less than 20% of New Jersey voters knew the election had been moved to July, a Rutgers Eagleton poll found.
      “The state really didn’t step up on (education). I never saw any of their stuff. They claim they did a campaign but I never saw it,” Hunterdon County Clerk Mary Melfi told NJ Advance Media.
      Early education will be key to a smooth November election, both clerks said.

Comment

And another story.. This one in New York.

The Chaos in New York Is a Warning
        The first large-scale test of mail-in voting in the pandemic has left one in five New Yorkers with their votes tossed out.

EDWARD-ISAAC DOVERE
        JULY 24, 2020

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...voting/614446/

More than a month after New York’s June 23 primary elections, state election officials are still counting votes. In some legislative districts, they haven’t even started counting absentee votes. In the best-case scenario, election officials hope to declare winners by the first Tuesday in August—six weeks after Election Day. It might take a lot longer than that. Election officials in New York City have already invalidated upwards of 100,000 absentee ballots—about one of every five that were mailed in from the five boroughs. And furious candidates are already filing lawsuits charging discrimination and disenfranchisement.
        The chaos in New York is a warning about November’s elections: Voting is being transformed by the pandemic. But no state has built new election infrastructure. No state has the time or the money to make sure vote-counting will go smoothly in November. And just about every state is about to be hit with a massive surge of absentee ballots.

“This is what happens,” a New York election official told me over the phone last week, “when you jury-rig a system that hasn’t been designed or implemented or tested before.”

In New York, the election infrastructure was overwhelmed by a massive increase in voters requesting absentee ballots rather than risking voting in person. Ballot-printing firms couldn’t keep up with demand, and the already rickety U.S. Postal Service didn’t move the ballots to and from voters quickly enough. Election officials, meanwhile, have seemed more interested in pointing fingers than in solving the problems.

Comment

Another blistering video from VoteVets.org.

The veterans' rights group VoteVets is going after President Donald Trump for his war on the U.S. mail, explaining that while he might think it's about preventing Democrats from voting it's hurting veterans and soldiers.
          "After five draft deferments and faked bone spurs excuses Trump is finally going to war — with the U.S. Postal Service," the ad begins. "Yeah, the Post Office. The one that American troops have relied on for over 200 years."
          "Today and every single workday 330,000 veterans are due a prescription drug delivery by the U.S. Postal Service. And today, tens of thousands aren't getting their prescriptions because Donald Trump declared war on the mail. Firing workers, disrupting deliveries, defunding operations. The thing is, this is just a warm-up for the fall. Donald Trump plans to disrupt absentee ballots and vote-by-mail for millions of Americans in the middle of a pandemic he failed to control."
          https://twitter.com/i/status/1293916263945707522

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/vv...3-twitter-usps

Comment

what I find simply stupid is DC and people involved raising hell about trump trying to stop mail in ballots and we go in person to vote is

1. these same people are going out everyday probably not wearing a mask.
            2. I think they could also have lawsuits in their states against their governor for closing retail businesses still.
            3. the biggest thing is these people are hollering that trump is trying to kill us and make us go vote in person and possible spread the COVID. Hes a dictator for this. The whole time these people are running around all day doing their life and its all fine by doing that and spreading the COVID don't matter as much then, but ohhh hell no when it comes to voting in person.

Comment

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ons-are-taken/

Dr. Anthony Fauci, chief medical advisor for the Trump administration’s coronavirus task force, said this week that he sees “no reason” Americans should avoid voting in-person as long as social distancing guidelines are followed.

“I think if carefully done, according to the guidelines, there’s no reason that I can see why that not be the case,” Fauci said of in-person voting during a National Geographic event that aired Thursday. “If you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don’t have a crowded situation, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to do that.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                what I find simply stupid is DC and people involved raising hell about trump trying to stop mail in ballots and we go in person to vote is

2. I think they could also have lawsuits in their states against their governor for closing retail businesses still.
                3. the biggest thing is these people are hollering that trump is trying to kill us and make us go vote in person and possible spread the COVID. Hes a dictator for this. The whole time these people are running around all day doing their life and its all fine by doing that and spreading the COVID don't matter as much then, but ohhh hell no when it comes to voting in person.
                I and the wife have voted absentee in our state for years. THIS state knows how it's done. No one can cast more than one ballot because a bar code is assigned to each voter once it is scanned the vote is counted and no other votes can be cast.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's another thing Trump can pound up his big orange vote suppressing . I hear now that I may not receive my ballot in time to vote. This state has voted by mail for years. Dollars Zollars and an ex CEO of scabway XPO should not be within a million miles of anything they can bring corruption to. But here we are........

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                    Here's another thing Trump can pound up his big orange vote suppressing . I hear now that I may not receive my ballot in time to vote. This state has voted by mail for years. Dollars Zollars and an ex CEO of scabway XPO should not be within a million miles of anything they can bring corruption to. But here we are........

There is no voter suppression .If you requested a absentee ballot you will get it.. This isn't about absentee ballots.. There is a big difference between absentee ballots and mail in ballots..You can google it or here is a link you can look at..

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trump...GlOcDYrClywmSA

2. The notion that Trump is not funding the USPS is not true. The Trump administration agreed on July 29 to loan the USPS “$10 billion in emergency coronavirus relief funding, ” The Washington Post reported, adding that the money is “a crucial injection of cash that postal officials say will keep the debt-laden agency solvent for at least another year.” In exchange for the money, USPS will provide the Treasury Department “copies of its 10 largest ‘negotiated service agreements,’ or contracts with high-volume third-party shippers such as Amazon, FedEx and UPS.” The goal, Treasury Department Sec. Steve Mnuchin explained, is “to fulfill the President’s goal of establishing a sustainable business model under which USPS can continue to provide necessary mail service for all Americans, without shifting costs to taxpayers.”
                    8. The USPS recently warned 46 states and D.C. that “it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted,” The Washington Post reported. However, journalist Jeryl Bier did some digging and found what he believes is the actual problem: the voting laws in each state.

“Some of these USPS letters ‘warning’ states that mail-in ballots might not be counted are because some states’ laws permit ‘voters to request a ballot as late as 4 days before the election’,” Bier wrote. “FOUR DAYS. It’s no wonder they are warning them. This is not new.” In another tweet, Bier wrote: “In Ohio, a voter may request by mail a mail-in ballot all the way up until THREE DAYS before the election. Then officials have to mail that ballot to the voter, then the voter must get it postmarked by election day! No wonder the USPS is ‘warning’ states!”

Bier added: “The stories I have seen on this give the impression the problem is a service issue with USPS delays. But the USPS evaluated all states’ mail-in voting laws and then sent letters cautioning them that conflicts may disenfranchise voters. But it’s the voting laws that are the issue.” In response to the 46 states to which the USPS sent letters, Bier wrote: “These stories (see below) refer to ‘delayed ballots’ as if the USPS is sitting on them. But the USPS letters to the states are warning about their laws being too loose to work well with long-standing USPS delivery times and ballot-mailing recommendations.”

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                      There is no voter suppression .If you requested a absentee ballot you will get it.. This isn't about absentee ballots.. There is a big difference between absentee ballots and mail in ballots..You can google it or here is a link you can look at..

There is no voter suppression.
                      Did Hannity tell you that? That surely didn't come from anyone that has knowledge of what constitutes voter suppression.

If you requested a absentee ballot you will get it.. This isn't about absentee ballots..
                      Is there now an agency that can determine with 100% accuracy that I will receive an absentee ballot? Did the Tang Colored Tyrant appoint another Union busting lackey to head that up as well?

There is a big difference between absentee ballots and mail in ballots..
                      Was that a direct quote from Citrus Caesar or from the link you provided? I would like to know what the big difference between absentee ballots and mail in ballots are.

Last edited by 222lifer; 08-17-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Did Hannity tell you that? That surely didn't come from anyone that has knowledge of what constitutes voter suppression.
                        What exactly is voter suppression??

Is there now an agency that can determine with 100% accuracy that I will receive an absentee ballot? Did the Tang Colored Tyrant appoint another Union busting lackey to head that up as well?
                        And here I thought you had 100% faith in the Post Office.. Evidently not..

Not rocket science .. Absentee ballots are requested.. mail in voting is "everyone" on the voter rolls gets a ballot whether or not they still live at the address or even if they are pushing up daisies..

Comment

What if you get a form, from the state, and it's a request form for that absentee ballot. Then you open it and not only find the request form, but an advertisement or political commentary for Trump. Of course as you read more, you find the state republican party sent that out, just to make sure you can request a ballot and read some propaganda at the same time.
                          Still can't determine the difference between and absentee ballot and a mail in ballot.
                          They both travel though the mail system. Both require voters to be registered.
                          Saying there is a "big difference" without an explanation simply means there is no difference. It's just an opinion.

Some NC voters receive absentee ballot request forms in the mail with President Trump's face on them
                          Given the crisis facing the United States Postal Service before a presidential election, the last thing John Herter expected to receive in the mail Saturday was an absentee ballot request form with President Donald Trump's face on it.
                          "Is this a joke?" Herter said his wife told him as she opened up the mailer to reveal a photo of Trump grinning underneath the words, "Are you going to let the Democrats silence you? Act now to stand with President Trump."
                          Herter, of Lincoln County is among a group of voters in North Carolina to receive the mailer over the past few days after Trump said that he opposed crucial USPS funding because he doesn't want to see it used for mail-in voting this November.
                          One voter concerned over the problems facing the USPS is Taylor Alexander, of Wake County, North Carolina. She received the absentee ballot request form on Wednesday.
                          "My initial reaction was that I was kind of shocked, and laughed because of the irony of it, because Trump had been railing against mail-in voting, but here his party was, promoting it, and sending out an absentee ballot request form," Alexander said. "I think it's ridiculous that the funding is being cut and processes are being changed in the post office. People's life saving medication are days late, bills aren't being paid on time, and all for what? It's rigging the election."
                          https://www.ketv.com/article/voters-...-them/33616114

Comment

well i cant argue that point on zollars lol

Comment

I and the wife have voted absentee in our state for years. THIS state knows how it's done. No one can cast more than one ballot because a bar code is assigned to each voter once it is scanned the vote is counted and no other votes can be cast.

what y'all did isn't the same thing as mail in ballots is it? you still went to a polling place early didn't you?

Comment

what y'all did isn't the same thing as mail in ballots is it? you still went to a polling place early didn't you?
                                In my state, we request an ansentee ballot from the county. After that the ballots are sent in the mail to my house, I fill it out, complete with security measures, and mail it back to the county board of elections.
                                Been doing that for 18 years now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X