Live voting vs mail in voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live voting vs mail in voting

There has been a lot of debate on this issue over the years.. The reason I started this is because I belong to group on Facebook associated with the town we live in.. That said yesterday a woman posted that she recieved a mail in ballot form that was suppose to go to her neighbor.. Only problem is the neighbor in question moved over ten years ago.. Here in PA our primary has been moved back to June 2nd.. Most of the state has had the lockdowns continued to June 4th.. There has been a big push by the Governor's office to do voting by mail.. You have to think the date of June 4th could have just as easily been June 1st.. Everything they do is for political reasons.. I will as I always have show up to our voting center in person..

Re: Live voting vs mail in voting

I'm for zero voter suppression. I've mailed my ballot for years. Live vote works well for those with the ability to do so.

This is not my horse. It's my neighbor's.

Comment

And so it begins..

Schumer: Vote by Mail ‘Will Be a Very Important Part’ of Next Coronavirus Bill

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020...m2CmpS5VAoTYNA

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “All In,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) stated that vote by mail provisions “will be a very important part of the legislation that we’re going to put forward, and we are going to fight like the devil for it.”

Host Chris Hayes asked, “[T]he last CARES Act…the big one, it had money for mail-in voting, but there’s no sort of federal requirement that states prepare themselves. It’s a very spotty system. Is that a must-have for Democrats? Is that something that is a kind of like a brightline for Democrats as a priority, to make sure we can have a safe and healthy election?”

Schumer responded, “It is really important. I don’t underestimate the desire of Republicans to use the COVID crisis to prevent people from voting, particularly poor people, people of color. They’ve done that all along. Here’s a good one, in Alabama, if you want to vote by absentee ballot, you have to have a notary public sign that you did it. … It’s aimed at stopping people of color and poor people from voting. We feel extremely strongly that everyone should be able to vote, that the COVID crisis should not stand in the way of what is the hallmark, the wellspring of America, which is free, fair, and open elections, and that will be a very important part of the legislation that we’re going to put forward, and we are going to fight like the devil for it.”

Comment

Not surprised at all by this. Voter suppression was brought up.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

My honest opinion is to vote live days before the day with limitations on entry’s and create a distancing form of line

Comment

Vote like the old days,add social distancing and we are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be voting the same why I have for years. Mail in ballot. No social distancing needed. That is unless someone feels absentee ballots aren't acceptable.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

I've said it before. I vote by mail in ballot, for decades now.
                Even the President and his family vote by mail.
                What is the problem with everyday people voting the same way ?

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                  I've said it before. I vote by mail in ballot, for decades now.
                  Even the President and his family vote by mail.
                  What is the problem with everyday people voting the same way ?
                  And on a lighter note concerning the ballots of mail-in voters...Hudson County used to be notorious and legendary for it's tradition of counting the ballots of long dead voters to the point where then Governor Brendan Byrne(74-82) was repeatedly asked about it....Governor Byrne said let me put it to you this way...''I want to be buried in Hudson County,so that I can remain active in politics''....He was a tough old school Irish politician with a quick wit when it came to politics...

Comment

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...399ZcJ7KzsidtE

President Donald Trump warned Saturday that Democrats are trying to rig the May 12 special election in California’s 25th congressional district between Republican Mike Garcia and Democrat Christy Smith.

Democrats won the seat in 2018, but newly-elected Rep. Katie Hill resigned over a sex scandal. National politicians are weighing in, knowing that the outcome could hold lessons about the election in November.

Comment

Still not one for fact are you?
                      In the wake of Trump’s tweet fury over the new center, Lancaster Mayor Rex Parris — who was the first L.A.-area dignitary to greet Trump on the LAX tarmac on the president’s Feb. 18 swing through L.A. — was taken aback Saturday by the Twitterfeud.

“Well, they should have called me, shouldn’t they?” Parris said, adding that he is a strong Garcia supporter and welcomed Trump’s attention, but was left in the dark about the decision to slam the new vote center in his city.

Parris said that after he learned that a similar vote center was operating in neighboring Palmdale, he felt it was a good idea to have one in Lancaster, if for nothing else but for the the “appearance” that the election was fair and accessible in his city, which is 48% Latino.
                      https://www.dailynews.com/2020/05/09...congress-race/

It also takes about a 15 second search to find that Parris is a RepubliCON too.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
                        Still not one for fact are you?

https://www.dailynews.com/2020/05/09...congress-race/

It also takes about a 15 second search to find that Parris is a RepubliCON too.
                        All is good,Garcia won the seat anyway.. Seems Lancaster's mayor got his feelings hurt??

Comment

Expert: It’s “Fair to Assume” Illegal Aliens Will Get Mail-in Ballots in California

https://bongino.com/expert-its-fair-...PF6Q_r5UXJkobU

California grants illegal aliens driver’s licenses, allows them to pay in-state tuition, has set aside millions in stimulus money from them, and, as you’re all aware, has “sanctuary cities” to protect them from being deported.

With perks like those, it’s no wonder the State is home to roughly 20% of the nation’s illegal immigrants (and similarly, roughly 17% of California’s entire population is illegal).

Even in a world without voter fraud, such a sizable illegal population has an impact on politics because the Census lacks a citizenship question. All population is counted, legal or illegal, thus boosting representation among districts with a high concentration of illegals. If only U.S. citizens were counted as population in the Census, Republicans would have 24 more seats in the House than they currently do (and 24 more electoral votes). Granted, this isn’t entirely due to illegal immigration (as legal immigrants who are not yet citizens are also counted as population), but it does contribute.

Given all that California already gives illegals, you know that if they could allow them to vote in national elections, they would. And we may see that in November thanks to mail-in ballots.

Comment

Nevada's vote-by-mail primary stirs fraud concerns, as unclaimed ballots pile up: 'Something stinks here'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nev...fraud-concerns

Red flags are being raised about the all-mail voting system being used in Nevada’s most populous county ahead of the state’s June 9 primary election amid reports that thousands of ballots are being sent to inactive voters -- fueling concerns about the possibility of voter fraud and ballot harvesting.

Thousands of ballots have been sent out by the Clark County Election Department to inactive voters – those who have not voted in recent elections, a roster that can include people who either have moved or are deceased – and the envelopes are piling up in post office trays, outside apartment complexes and on community bulletin boards in and around Las Vegas.

HOW BALLOT HARVESTING HELPED DEMS ROUT GOP IN CALIFORNIA

The excess ballots have drawn complaints from local residents, who worry that anyone could pick up a ballot off the street and cast a fraudulent vote, as well as from Republican Party officials in the state who see a nefarious motive behind the vote-by-mail system being employed by the Democrat-dominated Clark County Commission.

'This just seems fraudulent to me, something stinks here.'

— Jenny Trobiani, a postal worker in Clark County
                            “What’s going to happen with these things, they’re not secured at all and there are thousands of them just sitting here,” Jenny Trobiani, a postal worker in Clark County who told Fox News that she has seen hundreds of ballots being mailed to inactive voters.

“This just seems fraudulent to me, something stinks here,” she added.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X