Is this the new America ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the new America ?

I know this will get people into a heated discussion. My intention is only to show this is unacceptable and I am glad the New Hanover county officials took immediate steps against these criminals.
    Really folks, this is the year 2020. And the thought of armed vigilantes showing up at a family's door in today's so-called civilized world is shameful and a sign of how some people are thinking, and reacting towards minorities and other innocent folks.

Lawyer: Deputy led armed group to black teen's home
    A sheriff's deputy in North Carolina is facing criminal charges after authorities said he led a group of armed people to the wrong home in a search for a missing girl.
    New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David said Friday that Jordan Kita, who worked in the New Hanover Sheriff's Office, will be charged with trespassing and breaking and entering.
    Kita led an armed group May 3 to the home of Dameon Shepard, a senior at Laney High School in Wilmington, according to James W. Lea, a lawyer for Shepard’s family who is preparing a civil lawsuit.
    The all-white group tried unsuccessfully to force its way into the home of Shepard, who is black, news outlets reported.
    Kita was looking for Lekayda Kempisty, a 15-year-old girl who was reported missing earlier that day. She was later found safe.
    In its effort to find Lekayda, Kita's group was searching for someone named Josiah who used to live next door.
    http://lufkindailynews.com/news/nati...1d56b7fff.html

Re: Is this the new America ?

The Sheriffs deputy brought a "armed group"??? Not fellow officers??? seriously?

Comment

The deputy is related to the girl who was missing.
      If a 15 year old girl is missing from somebody's family.....Id say it's ok to look for her.
      If the weapons are not out as to threaten but for defense if it is a dangerous house of people...like a dope house or gang house or house with possible violent people.
      And race should not be a part of this.
      A group of black family members may do the same for a 15 year old girl family member.
      So too might a Hispanic family.
      I will not condemn a group looking for a young female family member...if there were no real threats with the weapons. If it's legal to habe them and they followed the laws with their guns.

If the guy broke the law with using his uniform or title. And by doing any of this....fine....bust him or fire him. He should know better.
      But race should not even be brought up in a story like this because I'm sure there's family members from all races who may look for the missing kids in a group.

Comment

I do see breaking and entering charges were filed which makes that part of it wrong. And trespassing when asked to leave is wrong. But the act of going looking in a group even if armed I do not find wrong as long as the guns are handled according to law.

If they were asked to leave...then leave.
        And definitely do not break and enter.

But if they think the girl is there and legally wait in the street or alley...I have no problem.
        The young girls safety is important.
        And I would have no problem if a group of blacks or Hispanics came to my door asking because I have 2 daughter's who are now over 18. I'd hope they find the girl and tell them so and that if anything I could do I would.

Comment

NC deputy fired, facing charges after leading armed group to teen’s home
          https://myfox8.com/news/nc-deputy-fi...to-teens-home/

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
            The deputy is related to the girl who was missing.
            If a 15 year old girl is missing from somebody's family.....Id say it's ok to look for her.
            If the weapons are not out as to threaten but for defense if it is a dangerous house of people...like a dope house or gang house or house with possible violent people.
            And race should not be a part of this.
            A group of black family members may do the same for a 15 year old girl family member.
            So too might a Hispanic family.
            I will not condemn a group looking for a young female family member...if there were no real threats with the weapons. If it's legal to habe them and they followed the laws with their guns.

If the guy broke the law with using his uniform or title. And by doing any of this....fine....bust him or fire him. He should know better.
            But race should not even be brought up in a story like this because I'm sure there's family members from all races who may look for the missing kids in a group.
            Yes Slave,I completely understand the point your making,the girl's safety is first and foremost...Any parent's nightmare...

Comment

Working...
            X