Speculation on YRC’s survival ramps up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation on YRC’s survival ramps up

Ross’ thoughts on the transformation: “A main result of COVID-19, in our view, has been to act as an accelerant on trends (that may have been moving too slowly) — essentially pressing ‘fast forward’ on life for both aging individuals and aging companies in poor health. YRC certainly fits into the ‘vulnerable population’ category, as it has been lumbering around with multiple preexisting conditions that made it vulnerable to shocks for years now.”
    Ross sees the second quarter as “make or break” for the carrier and questions the company’s survival.

“At this point, we believe it’s dependent on two things: a) U.S. government assistance in the form of a grant to cover payroll, health care, and/or other expenses, and b) how quickly volume returns as the economy reopens this month. If we don’t get any good news in the next 30 days, we would not be surprised to see a wind down of operations on or before July 4th weekend.”

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/sp...vival-ramps-up
    Last edited by B'oink; 05-15-2020, 10:24 PM.

Re: Speculation on YRC’s survival ramps up

What a great country!

Comment

Comment

Well I guess time will tell and who knows this may be just what the company needs to shut it down. What I mean by that is they can use the virus timing as their scapegoat. But on the other side we’ve been hearing for what 10 years or so that the end was here but the company is still around. I’ve heard people say they just wish the company would just shut down as people are sick of worrying about whether they’ll have a job or not and to done the stress of worrying them is just too much.

I sure hope the company can survive and keep all of our teamster brothers and sisters employed. We all know when stuff like the article is published that it Ramos up the rumors and some customers will leave but hopefully those customers will think about it and realize they’ve enjoyed hearing the rumors for a decade and the company is still around.

Comment

Originally posted by tiredseat View Post
          Well I guess time will tell and who knows this may be just what the company needs to shut it down. What I mean by that is they can use the virus timing as their scapegoat. But on the other side we’ve been hearing for what 10 years or so that the end was here but the company is still around. I’ve heard people say they just wish the company would just shut down as people are sick of worrying about whether they’ll have a job or not and to done the stress of worrying them is just too much.

I sure hope the company can survive and keep all of our teamster brothers and sisters employed. We all know when stuff like the article is published that it Ramos up the rumors and some customers will leave but hopefully those customers will think about it and realize they’ve enjoyed hearing the rumors for a decade and the company is still around.
          YRC is a cash cow for the banks..

Comment

Stifel Financial ( or Stifel Nicolaus ) has been throwing cold water on YRC for years. They are in the business of selling financial advice and stocks. I place their advice and comments in the circular file.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
              Cash cow for others at the top who don't seem to have a clue. But hey, they get big paychecks and payoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                Cash cow for others at the top who don't seem to have a clue. But hey, they get big paychecks and payoffs.
                That's part of the equation.. As long as they keep paying those huge interest payments they consider themselves as doing an outstanding job and reward themselves with huge bonuses..

Comment

This is from a panel of shippers talking about YRC's survival.

Panel of shippers looks at the question of YRCW’s fate
                  In a broad-based discussion about the state of the trucking market with a panel of shippers, the talk got very specific when the panel’s moderator asked about one particular carrier – YRCW.
                  At the Wolfe Research Global Transportation & Industrials conference, analyst and moderator Scott Group asked the virtual gathering about whether the large shippers he had brought together might be impacted by the ongoing financial troubles at the less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier.
                  Specifically, he turned first to Ron Guzzi, the senior manager of transportation carrier relations & sourcing at The Home Depot. Guzzi said YRCW was the second-biggest carrier among the companies that move goods for Home Depot.
                  “All four of their divisions are big within our network,” Guzzi said of YRCW, an apparent reference to not just YRC Freight but also to USF Holland, New Penn Motor Express and USF Reddaway. “We are staying close and monitoring their status. They’ve been a big partner for us as long as I’ve been in the business,” a period Guzzi said was about 10 years.

Guzzi had said earlier on the panel that Home Depot was going through a bid process now for future freight needs and that YRCW was a part of the exercise.
                  Read the whole article: https://www.freightwaves.com/news/pa...-of-yrcws-fate

Comment

(Editor’s note: an earlier version of this story featured the names of the individuals on the panel. After discussion with Wolfe Research, we are making the discussants’ identities anonymous.)
                    so can we believe this article now?

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
                      And we are still the life support.

Comment

Working...
                      X