Biden, Sanders form task force to unite party on progressive agenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden, Sanders form task force to unite party on progressive agenda

Maybe, just maybe there is some hope. What else can Sanders do but back Biden now and try to sway him at the same time. All of course to get Trump out of office. I would like to see some of these progressives have a huge impact on Biden but then you have people like Hillary in the mix too.
    Former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders have established a task force to unite the Democratic Party on a progressive agenda. The action reflects the urgency that not only most in the Democratic Party but labor and all its allies place on the task of ousting Trump from the White House in November.

People whom progressives in the Democratic Party spent years battling against on a variety of issues are actually joining those same progressives in an effort to forge the unity needed to defeat Trump in November. And beyond defeating Trump, they are focusing too on freeing the U.S. Senate from the control of Mitch McConnell and his right-wing GOP minions, holding Democratic control of the House, and ousting GOP powerhouses from state legislative positions across the country.

The single-minded determination of a broad array of grassroots forces to oust Trump is what is behind the announcement last week by Biden and Sanders that they were forming a joint task force to hammer out a progressive program that will defeat Trump in November. The two have been appointing people to the new task force since last Wednesday.
    https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...essive-agenda/

Re: Biden, Sanders form task force to unite party on progressive agenda

It sounds to me that maybe the Corona Virus is forcing change with some of this center democrats, including Biden. Exactly what is needed right now. But I just keep thinking how now would be the time for Bernie to truly shine and have a chance at the presidency. Everything this country really needs right now is blatantly obvious thanks to the virus. If nothing else, maybe it is his time to finally have some real impact thanks to the crisis situation we are in.

Biden’s ‘crisis presidency’ and potential for transformative change

The Biden campaign also understands the urgency to build Democratic Party unity to defeat Trump and the GOP. And just like Roosevelt responded to and allied with the left and democratic mass upsurge in the 1930-40s, Biden is responding to, engaging, and allying with today’s upsurge.

To unite the Democratic Party coalition, Biden reached out to Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Stacey Abrams, among others, and incorporated elements of their programs into his agenda. The mass democratic and left movements, including the Sanders campaign, have been the most dynamic part of the Democratic Party electoral alliance. They have been instrumental in helping shape public opinion over the past decade through grassroots and electoral activism.

Engaging the left progressive forces is an important shift for Biden. In the past, dominant center forces generally took the progressive wing for granted. As Rahm Emmanuel often said, the left and progressive movements have “no place else to go.”
    https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...mative-change/

Comment

The further left Biden goes the less chance if any to win the presidency.. He might pick up some of the Bernie supporters but he will lose the middle Democrats...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
        The further left Biden goes the less chance if any to win the presidency.. He might pick up some of the Bernie supporters but he will lose the middle Democrats...
        I don't believe a bunch of democrats want to vote for Trump. He might have pulled that off last time touting how pro worker he was but that won't work this time!

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
          I don't believe a bunch of democrats want to vote for Trump. He might have pulled that off last time touting how pro worker he was but that won't work this time!
          Two of my boys are big Bernie supporters.. Both said they will sit out the 2020 if Biden is running..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
            Two of my boys are big Bernie supporters.. Both said they will sit out the 2020 if Biden is running..
            That's two people. And if they are sitting out, I take that to mean they are not voting. That means not voting for Trump either.

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
              That's two people. And if they are sitting out, I take that to mean they are not voting. That means not voting for Trump either.
              No they don't like Trump.. But that is two less democratic votes.. I know a few others that feel the same way..

Comment

Working...
              X