Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default During the Crisis of the Century, Hoffa Sides with Management

Often times I have no comment about TDU posts but feel it is important I post anyway. You drivers out there know better than I do what exactly is going on.

Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Teamsters across the country have been thrust into an unexpected crisis of unforeseeable proportions. At UPS, no sooner did many of us find out that we were a part of the “essential workforce” than we were fighting on the shop floor to protect ourselves from the virus.

The same situation applies to Teamsters in grocery distribution, waste, and many other fields.

The demands coming up from the members were clear, simple and absolutely necessary — social distancing in the workplace, access to as much personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed, paid sick leave and hazard pay for all essential workers. Workers in all other essential industries, union and non-union, demanded the same.

While the moment was terrifying, conditions were very good for us to fight back. We were declared essential workers by the federal government, meaning that our employers were under historic pressure to maintain production and service levels.
    http://www.tdu.org/during_the_crisis...ith_management

2. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: During the Crisis of the Century, Hoffa Sides with Management

I'd say it would have been nice to get some extra paid days since everybody else is getting unemployment. And we are not eligible. But we can expect nothing from YRC.......except maybe for them to come back telling us we need to give more up for them to survive.
    They won't look at it like that.
    More like we should feel lucky we are working.
    And the people sitting home will say the same even though if husband and wife get full unemployment plus the stimulus they are getting $2400 stimulus plus maybe $1200/week unemployment for first 6 weeks between husband and wife. For not working......something like that.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: During the Crisis of the Century, Hoffa Sides with Management

And they are letting UPS use drones too right?
    How many will lose pension money when the drones replace Teamsters?

5. Likes ABFwife Liked this post