opportunity to cross ofer to P&D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opportunity to cross ofer to P&D

In July of 2016 I was a 28 year P&D driver. I crossed over to the road. This month is 4 years! and there is a cross over to P&D. Just thinking hard about going back. There is only 4 road drivers on our board. I just feel any COO has the chances of taking us 4 out of that terminal. All we run is 1 turn that pays 418 miles total. Run it Monday through Fridays nights. Just looking for some input.

Re: opportunity to cross ofer to P&D

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    In July of 2016 I was a 28 year P&D driver. I crossed over to the road. This month is 4 years! and there is a cross over to P&D. Just thinking hard about going back. There is only 4 road drivers on our board. I just feel any COO has the chances of taking us 4 out of that terminal. All we run is 1 turn that pays 418 miles total. Run it Monday through Fridays nights. Just looking for some input.
    I gave it to you already

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

I say take it!

Comment

A couple years ago I thought about giving up my 28 year city seniority to run a KC turn. While it was a good paying job and had only 2 runs from our terminal which too was Monday thru Friday I decided to pass because I had given up the road life earlier and as it turned out 2 years later they took the runs from our terminal. I know city work can be more work and harder work but if you have enough city seniority a guy is pretty safe from having to relocate unless they shut the terminal completely down. Enough of my story but if you don’t mind transferring if it comes to that and you like the road work it’s a no brainer IMO. Now if you have kids or grandkids then you miss out on that family time do the city is the answer. I think only you can make your decision. Not much help that I gave you but just my two cents worth.

Comment

Thanks! I have until this Monday at 1800 to decide.

Comment

I have done both. My preference was always city work.

Comment

its a done deal, I went back to P&D

Comment

Working...
              X