Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Celebrated Hoop Dancer Nakotah LaRance Dies

Many of us are familiar with this amazing award winning hoop dancer. I became familiar with him several years ago thanks to a fb post. I have been fascinated with hoop dancing since I was a kid. This guy outdid everyone. Such a beautiful and talented young man. May he RIP.

LaRance, 30, won nine world champion titles for hoop dance and taught classes at a nonprofit

One of the globe's most accomplished and well known Native hoop dancers, Nakotah LaRance, has died, according to an announcement from family friends with the Lightning Boy Foundation, a nonprofit with which LaRance worked to teach dance classes for tribal youth in Northern New Mexico.

He died Sunday, according to Felicia Rivera, founder and director of the foundation. A story published by Indian County Today says LaRance had been "climbing on an old bridge in Rio Arriba County" when it happened.

LaRance, whose mother is Ohkay Owingeh, won his ninth world title in 2018 at the Heard Museum's World Championship Hoop Dance Contest in Phoenix. He has also been on several TV shows, acted in movies and mini-series, including Steven Spielberg's Into the West and performed for several years as a principal dancer for Cirque Du Soleil, according to the Library of Congress.
    https://www.sfreporter.com/news/2020...E1ugeZ4koexd60

This is the video I first saw him in. Amazing! This was at Santa Fe Indian Market in 2018.

Last edited by ABFwife; 07-14-2020 at 02:48 PM.

2. Likes fedexnuno, fxstc07 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Celebrated Hoop Dancer Nakotah LaRance Dies

That was amazing.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk