Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default RIP Maurice Petty

For those old enough to remember the heady days of NASCAR, when those drivers wheeled a mostly "stock" car around super speedways and dirt ovals, this man helped make one man a legend, and he became one himself.

Maurice Petty, NASCAR Hall of Famer and brother of Richard, dies at 81
    Maurice Petty, part of a stock car racing dynasty that includes father Lee and brother Richard, and the first engine-builder to be inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame, died Saturday. He was 81.
    Petty’s family did not disclose the cause of death. No funeral arrangements have been announced.
    While other family members were acclaimed for their ability behind the wheel, Petty earned the nickname “Chief” for his ability to turn a wrench. He helped propel his brother Richard to nearly all of his still-record 200 NASCAR Cup Series victories and his seven championships in the series. He also built engines that carried Hall of Famer Buddy Baker, Jim Paschal and Pete Hamilton to victories.
    “Maurice Petty was one of the true pioneers in NASCAR who helped build one of NASCAR’s dominant teams in Petty Enterprises,” Hall of Fame executive director Winston Kelley said in a statement. “Although the record shows 212 victories, Petty has well over 250 wins to his credit considering all the engines he built for his competitors. Chief will forever be remember as one of the best to build power plants in NASCAR.”
    https://www.tampabay.com/sports/auto...rd-dies-at-81/

2. Thanks Jimmy, 222lifer thanked for this post
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Default Re: RIP Maurice Petty

RIP!!!

Several times in my career with Roadway, I have delivered to the race shop in Level Cross, NC. On many occasions I had the opportunity to meet Rickard and Kyle. Also for about 1 year I was in and out Victory Junction when it was under construction. One time Richard pointed to a particular building under construction and told me himself that Tony Stewart had donated 1 million for that one. I do have many fond memories of having the opportunity to meet people behind the scenes because of being a P&D driver.

4. Likes fxstc07, 222lifer Liked this post