Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Coin Shortage

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
    I see. It was Snopes and not you. Let's break this down. We have a Pacers logo, on a store receipt, from a town in Illinois, near the Indiana border, as proof that Snopes has it all wrong? This might be a bit of a stretch here but maybe, just maybe, that Kroger location might be big fans of the Pacers and not the Bulls?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    You can spin all you want..Never said Snopes got it wrong.. I am not a Basketball fan and when you mentioned the Pacers as far as I know could have been a college town team.. As far as what I posted?? Illinois?? Yeah I got that from Snopes and posted the link.. If you cannot connect the DOTS then I do realize why you cannot see the difference of what is happening in Portland.. Maybe you could go up to Portland as those peaceful protesters might need a few keyboard tough guys to protect them from Trump's mean gestapo like police force.. Make sure you bring your own hardhat .. Wouldn't want anything to happen to you..

Comment

Originally posted by crazy View Post
      You can spin all you want..Never said Snopes got it wrong.. I am not a Basketball fan and when you mentioned the Pacers as far as I know could have been a college town team.. As far as what I posted?? Illinois?? Yeah I got that from Snopes and posted the link.. If you cannot connect the DOTS then I do realize why you cannot see the difference of what is happening in Portland.. Maybe you could go up to Portland as those peaceful protesters might need a few keyboard tough guys to protect them from Trump's mean gestapo like police force.. Make sure you bring your own hardhat .. Wouldn't want anything to happen to you..

Oops, it was something plastered all over the book of face that got this all rolling?

Comment

The sheetz convince store close to my house just keeps the change and looks at you with a dumb glare. Says coin shortage and we dont have any. The attendant just looks at you waiting on you to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
          The sheetz convince store close to my house just keeps the change and looks at you with a dumb glare. Says coin shortage and we dont have any. The attendant just looks at you waiting on you to leave.
          So , instead of giving them more than you owe and not getting change back , you could just pay the
          dollar amount and tell them you don't have change for the balance and leave with your purchase.
          That's the way it works , right?
          '

Comment

Originally posted by x475 View Post
            So , instead of giving them more than you owe and not getting change back , you could just pay the
            dollar amount and tell them you don't have change for the balance and leave with your purchase.
            That's the way it works , right?
            '
            Think I will try that today and report back here LOL

Comment

I have seen the signs at various retailers talking of the coin shortage.
              To me, it's not a big deal because I learned that I can utilize a credit card for almost every purchase and receive points ( or cash ) back on everything we buy.
              Besides, it's easier for me to track my wife's spending if I see the credit card statement, and this way she doesn't need to worry about carrying cash.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                I have seen the signs at various retailers talking of the coin shortage.
                To me, it's not a big deal because I learned that I can utilize a credit card for almost every purchase and receive points ( or cash ) back on everything we buy.
                Besides, it's easier for me to track my wife's spending if I see the credit card statement, and this way she doesn't need to worry about carrying cash.
                track her spending ok LOL

Comment

track her spending ok LOL
                  Money flows though her hands like the sands of time ...

Comment

Going to a cashless society might be good for some but for many it will hurt them.. IMO the change shortage is just the beginning.. with a cashless society what happens to the little kids with their lemonade stands or the kids selling girl scout cookies or the Veteran asking for donations or the salvation Army with their pots for donations at Christmas.. Then you have the people in the flea markets and people having yard sales.. Cashless society??I sure hope not..
                    As I have stated before my son works for a large Auto parts company and he has been told about the coin shortage.. So far in the northeast it really hasn't happened.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                      Money flows though her hands like the sands of time ...
                      that sounds like the theme to Days of Our Lives soap opera

Attached Files

Comment

that sounds like the theme to Days of Our Lives soap opera

Hmmmm. You're an "Edge of Night" guy...

Comment

Recently I went shopping at Smiths (Kroger owned) and I saw the sign saying their was a coin shortage. I pay with my debit card so it didn't affect me but I was talking to the young cashier about it as we both theorized what is going on. Immediately I thought it was going to be blamed on Covid-19. Cashier did not seem to know what was going on.

You got me thinking about sales tax in New Mexico. I know they have attempted to change the law so many times I actually didn't know what we paid taxes on in the grocery store anymore. This is the most recent.

Errors of Enchantment (Bill Richardson mentioned in this post is our former governor)

April 21, 2020 by Paul Gessing
                          Groceries are taxable if you pay for delivery in New Mexico

In this time when more New Mexicans than ever are getting a vast majority of their food at grocery stores (as opposed to restaurants), we uncovered a bit of a quirk in New Mexico’s tax code that is not even clarified in many documents put out by the Tax and Revenue Department.

As most New Mexicans are aware, groceries are generally not taxed. If you go to the grocery store and pick up your groceries curbside, that service is not taxed.

However, if the store is charging a fee for service delivery from a New Mexico grocery store to your home in New Mexico, the entire grocery order is now taxable at the full tax rate.

So, if you pick up $500 worth of groceries (not an unheard of sum given the challenges these days) from your local Wal Mart you pay no tax, but if you get the same groceries delivered in Albuquerque you pay nearly $40 in taxes.

Setting aside whether Bill Richardson’s decision to exempt groceries from GRT and raise the rate to pay for it was a good decision, this kind of complexity is definitely not good tax policy. Of course, the GRT itself is bad tax policy.

Comment

Just to be clear;

People are told to stay home to prevent the spread of China flu , then the people who have
                            groceries delivered so they can stay home are penalized by taxation?

OK , got it.

Comment

Originally posted by x475 View Post
                              Just to be clear;

People are told to stay home to prevent the spread of China flu , then the people who have
                              groceries delivered so they can stay home are penalized by taxation?

OK , got it.
                              Every business is taking a hard hit for sure. Off the subject a bit but we try to take care of servers in restaurants even though we never take a seat in the establishment. I wonder if there is a rise in delivery charges everywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
                                Every business is taking a hard hit for sure. Off the subject a bit but we try to take care of servers in restaurants even though we never take a seat in the establishment. I wonder if there is a rise in delivery charges everywhere?

Restaurant workers got hit very bad.. My son brings home from a local place here in town at least once a week and I know he tips very well {like 30 to 40% ,nice to have money in your pockets}.. We also bought meat from him when everything here was basically closed down.. Pa there is a tax on prepared food but as of now they don't tax any grocery food including paper goods.. Across the river in New York they tax just about everything..We pay 6% and they are about 8 1/2%..

Comment

Working...
                                X