The Prophecies of Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Prophecies of Q

American conspiracy theories are entering a dangerous new phase.

I originally wanted to put this in the religion thread because it sounds like many followers are of evangelical backgrounds but was actually worried not enough of you would read this. I only learned about this group yesterday from a friend who found out one of her friends is a follower. What I am seeing on local fb pages such as my local news channel (the responses to articles posted by the news channel) and I believe even something an evangelical family member told me about her church a few days ago are starting to make very scary sense. Yes, this kind of stuff is being preached in a family member's church!! And now I have to wonder just how many other churches are doing the same. This is beyond freaky. This is a long read but you absolutely have to read it!
    If you were an adherent, no one would be able to tell. You would look like any other American. You could be a mother, picking leftovers off your toddler’s plate. You could be the young man in headphones across the street. You could be a bookkeeper, a dentist, a grandmother icing cupcakes in her kitchen. You may well have an affiliation with an evangelical church. But you are hard to identify just from the way you look—which is good, because someday soon dark forces may try to track you down. You understand this sounds crazy, but you don’t care. You know that a small group of manipulators, operating in the shadows, pull the planet’s strings. You know that they are powerful enough to abuse children without fear of retribution. You know that the mainstream media are their handmaidens, in partnership with Hillary Clinton and the secretive denizens of the deep state. You know that only Donald Trump stands between you and a damned and ravaged world. You see plague and pestilence sweeping the planet, and understand that they are part of the plan. You know that a clash between good and evil cannot be avoided, and you yearn for the Great Awakening that is coming. And so you must be on guard at all times. You must shield your ears from the scorn of the ignorant. You must find those who are like you. And you must be prepared to fight.

You know all this because you believe in Q.
    I. GENESIS

The origins of QAnon are recent, but even so, separating myth from reality can be hard. One place to begin is with Edgar Maddison Welch, a deeply religious father of two, who until Sunday, December 4, 2016, had lived an unremarkable life in the small town of Salisbury, North Carolina. That morning, Welch grabbed his cellphone, a box of shotgun shells, and three loaded guns—a 9-mm AR-15 rifle, a six-shot .38‑caliber Colt revolver, and a shotgun—and hopped into his Toyota Prius. He drove 360 miles to a well-to-do neighborhood in Northwest Washington, D.C.; parked his car; put the revolver in a holster at his hip; held the AR-15 rifle across his chest; and walked through the front door of a pizzeria called Comet Ping Pong.

Comet happens to be the place where, on a Sunday afternoon two years earlier, my then-baby daughter tried her first-ever sip of water. Kids gather there with their parents and teammates after soccer games on Saturdays, and local bands perform on the weekends. In the back, children challenge their grandparents to Ping-Pong matches as they wait for their pizzas to come out of the big clay oven in the middle of the restaurant. Comet Ping Pong is a beloved spot in Washington.

That day, people noticed Welch right away. An AR-15 rifle makes for a conspicuous sash in most social settings, but especially at a place like Comet. As parents, children, and employees rushed outside, many still chewing, Welch began to move through the restaurant, at one point attempting to use a butter knife to pry open a locked door, before giving up and firing several rounds from his rifle into the lock. Behind the door was a small computer-storage closet. This was not what he was expecting.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...coming/610567/

Re: The Prophecies of Q

Rather surprised no one read this or commented. This is some creepy stuff. And these are the people supporting our president and more than likely doing everything to get him re-elected. This is not some powerless conspiracy theory group. Thanks to the internet this is all over our country. And as I mentioned in my first post, I suspect behind what was preached at my family member's church recently.

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
      Rather surprised no one read this or commented. This is some creepy stuff. And these are the people supporting our president and more than likely doing everything to get him re-elected. This is not some powerless conspiracy theory group. Thanks to the internet this is all over our country. And as I mentioned in my first post, I suspect behind what was preached at my family member's church recently.
      We watched over a year's worth of stuff like Q...performed by Obama and Hilarys people in government and media...Adam Schiff...Nadler... Comey....Schumer...Pelosi...MSNBC...CNN...NYT... And the list goes on.......nothing was there. Impeachment hearings...Russia collusion.
      And it goes on daily. Right in our capital. Right in pur homes thru TV, Newspapers, Magazines, radio, internet.
      It's all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
        We watched over a year's worth of stuff like Q...performed by Obama and Hilarys people in government and media...Adam Schiff...Nadler... Comey....Schumer...Pelosi...MSNBC...CNN...NYT... And the list goes on.......nothing was there. Impeachment hearings...Russia collusion.
        And it goes on daily. Right in our capital. Right in pur homes thru TV, Newspapers, Magazines, radio, internet.
        It's all the same.
        Wow slave, I just came across your post. Give me a break! I know what my family member told me was being said at her church of all places. And sad thing is she is buying into it. No sense arguing with someone that thinks this is ok.

Comment

Working...
        X