Road rage !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road rage !

I just shook my head as I read this. Was this driver a hit man, or a bar room brawler ?

Trucker faces weapons charges after opening fire on a fellow truck driver, cops say
    New Jersey State Police say that a semi truck driver is facing multiple weapons charges after he reportedly fired on another trucker during a road rage incident on Tuesday.
    The incident occurred just after 11 a.m. on Tuesday, August 4, in Union County, New Jersey.
    Troopers say that a truck driver called 911 to report that another truck driver had pulled up next to him, brandished a gun, and fired at his trailer as part of a road rage incident while traveling south on the New Jersey Turnpike.
    Troopers were able to locate and stop the truck near mile marker 56.
    Inside the truck, troopers allegedly found 9mm handgun, a .22 caliber handgun, hollow point bullets, and brass knuckles.
    The truck driver, later identified as 52 year old Georgia resident James McLane, was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a handgun, aggravated assault, possession of hollow point bullets, and possession of brass knuckles.
    https://cdllife.com/2020/trucker-fac...iver-cops-say/

Re: Road rage !

Road rage seems to be spinning out of control like so many other things in this country!

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
      Road rage seems to be spinning out of control like so many other things in this country!
      There is a great deal of impatience for sure. I had a near miss last week where a car attempted to pass me on the right as I was moving over for an emergency vehicle approaching from the rear. The driver didn't want to be stuck behind me I assume? Maybe they didn't see the lights or hear the sirens? Maybe it was his time to flirt with death and pass on the shoulder of the road? Maybe the driver felt the need to fly the middle finger? I watched in amazement as the driver weaved in and out of traffic following behind the emergency vehicle after it passed. He arrived at his exit about a minute before I passed and waited at the top of the off ramp to proudly fly the middle finger at me again. One never knows who is carrying a gun or who might snap and start blazing away.

Comment

Just to be clear...

He didn't have time to wait for you to move over,
        but he had time to wait for you to catch up , so he could give you the
        one finger salute?.

Ok, got it. What a maroon!

Comment

Another attack against a truck driver. This could be a repeat incident after a similar attack was reported back in June.

Trucker Comes Under Gunfire Attack Just Off Kansas City Interstate, Big Rig Hit 10 Times
          Authorities in Kansas City are seeking the public’s help after a big rig was shot at and struck multiple times on Tuesday.
          Local outlet KCTV reported the incident occurred on James Street, just off Interstate 70, at 11:50 a.m.
          According to the Kansas City Police Department (KCPD), the tractor-trailer had just exited off I-70 onto James Street.
          The truck was then struck “at least ten different times by gunfire.”
          At this time, police believe the incident was at random, as there is “no apparent motivation” for the shooting.
          In June, police in Memphis also asked for the public’s help following a highway shooting involving an 18-wheeler.
          Coincidentally, the suspected vehicle — which was caught on the semi’s dash cam — was also a dark colored Saturn VUE.
          https://www.transportationnation.com...-hit-10-times/

Comment

The rage across America continues. There were actually several stories of violence on the streets in the last couple of days. This is just one of them.

I-5 shooter still at large, more than a dozen vehicles targeted
            Oregon State Police (OSP) have issued a new warning after a shooter continues to take aim at vehicles on a busy interstate.
            OSP issued an initial warning on July 14 about a shooter targeting vehicles traveling on I-5 between Roseburg and Grants Pass. At that time, OSP said that “5 vehicles that have been struck by bullets on Interstate 5 between milepost 67 and 100.”
            At least one of the vehicles targeted by the shooter was a semi truck, according to local news outlet Fox 26.
            Troopers say that eight additional vehicles have been hit by gunfire, bringing the total of known shooting incidents to 13.
            In recent months, a number of highway shootings targeting truckers have been reported. Shootings targeting truckers have occurred on I-94 in Michigan and Wisconsin, I-40 in Memphis, I-70 in Ohio and I-70 in Kansas.
            https://cdllife.com/2020/i-5-shooter...cles-targeted/

Comment

In reference to the above post #6.
              They have arrested the suspected I-5 shooter. I am in disbelief. Why ?

Oregon UPS driver arrested in string of interstate shootings; 1 was hurt
              A UPS driver was arrested in connection with the shooting of driver on an Oregon interstate Wednesday, and he is suspected in six other shootings along the highway that occurred since late May, state police said Friday.
              Kenneth Ayers, 49, of Roseburg, was arrested at around 11 p.m. Thursday, and he has been booked on attempted murder and other charges, according to Oregon State Police. The shootings on Interstate 5 that Ayers is suspected of carrying out began on May 12.
              A woman was shot Wednesday night on the interstate in Jackson County as she drove northbound, and she was treated and released, police said. There were no injuries in the other shootings.
              No motive has been confirmed, police said.
              "Firearms are prohibited at UPS facilities and in our vehicles, and we are extremely concerned for the other motorists and individuals affected," the UPS statement to the station said.
              The shootings Ayers is suspected of carrying out happened in Josephine, Jackson and Douglas counties, which stretch from the California border to south of Eugene.
              https://news.yahoo.com/oregon-ups-dr...023636922.html

Comment

I had 2 incidents in my truck this week. One guy cut me off and slammed on his brakes with his finger up high. Another cut me off but didn't stop. Right off of my driverside headlight they cut. The guy slammed on his brakes and stopped. A dead stop. Moved up a carlength and did it again. Shook me up. Lucky it wasn't a 65 zone. I was maybe doing 30-40.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
                  In reference to the above post #6.
                  They have arrested the suspected I-5 shooter. I am in disbelief. Why ?

Oregon UPS driver arrested in string of interstate shootings; 1 was hurt

https://news.yahoo.com/oregon-ups-dr...023636922.html
                  This guy is in deep trouble.

Truck driver accused in I-5 serial shootings slapped with 29 charges, held on $1 MILLION bond
                  Authorities in Oregon have issued dozens of serious charges to a truck driver accused of firing on other vehicles on I-5.
                  Kenneth Ayers, 49, is currently facing 29 charges in connection with seven interstate shootings — one charge of attempted murder, one charge of second degree assault, 13 counts of recklessly endangering, seven counts of second degree criminal mischief, and seven counts of unlawful use of a weapon.
                  He was lodged in the Jackson County Jail on a $1 million bond.
                  https://cdllife.com/2020/truck-drive...-million-bail/

Comment

I'm noticing alot of people in passing lanes hanging out right at the lines dividing lanes anymore. Who taught them how to drive? Passenger side right on the line dividing the lanes.
                    Another car passed me today shooting right across my driverside headlight. I don't know what they are thinking. Plenty of room ahead and he had to cut right in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                      I'm noticing alot of people in passing lanes hanging out right at the lines dividing lanes anymore. Who taught them how to drive? Passenger side right on the line dividing the lanes.
                      Another car passed me today shooting right across my driverside headlight. I don't know what they are thinking. Plenty of room ahead and he had to cut right in front of me.
                      People drive like complete aggressive idiots now!

Comment

This might be a case of demented road rage, or maybe just vandalism. Things like this have killed occupants of vehicles.
                        I know I use to scan the bridges and overpasses as they came into sight. Of course as night wore on I wasn't always as alert as I needed to be.
                        Be careful out there drivers !

Trucker says big rigs are under attack on Mississippi interstate
                        A truck driver issued a warning to the trucking community after he said that several drivers were attacked with objects thrown from an overpass.
                        Truck driver Andrew Meeks took to Facebook to warn others to use caution when traveling on I-20 in Mississippi after he says “large objects and rocks” were thrown at trucks from an overpass.
                        Meeks asked that truckers traveling in the area use caution and said that Facebook users should “feel free to share so others know to look out.” His post has been shared over 2600 times in just a few days.
                        https://cdllife.com/2020/trucker-say...pi-interstate/

Comment

So far, this incidence hasn't targeted any truck drivers, but it has happened on two different instate highways in Florida.

String of unsolved shootings on Florida interstates leaves 3 dead, 2 hurt
                          Authorities in Florida are looking for answers after a series of deadly shootings on two major interstates.
                          At least five shootings have taken place on I-75 and I-4 in the Tampa Bay area since June. Three people have died in the five interstate shootings, and two others were seriously injured but survived.
                          While no commercial vehicles have been targeted, a trucker who frequently travels on I-4 told Fox 13 that he worries about getting caught up in the crossfire.
                          Click the link for more information on each of the five shootings. https://cdllife.com/2020/string-of-u...3-dead-2-hurt/

Comment

At least they got this guy.
                            The crazies are turning the world upside down.

Man accused of shooting at vehicles with sawed-off shotgun on North Carolina highway
                            A 33-year-old South Carolina man is accused of driving along Interstate 95 in North Carolina and “randomly shooting at vehicles” earlier this month.
                            The shots struck three vehicles. Three were injured — one was life-flighted to a local hospital.
                            Franklin Joseph Dangerfield, 33, of Ladson, South Carolina, was arrested by special agents of the ATF and is charged by complaint with one count of possessing an unregistered short-barrel shotgun and faces a maximum penalty of 120 months’ in prison if convicted. Dangerfield will make his initial appearance in federal court today before U.S. Magistrate Judge James E. Gates in Raleigh.
                            on September 5, 2020, at approximately 6:45 p.m., deputies with the Nash County Sheriff’s Office responded to southern Nash County after receiving calls of a male shooting at vehicles along I-95 from a black pickup truck. Deputies located the truck traveling at high speeds north on I-95, and pursued the driver through four counties, before crossing the North Carolina-Virginia state line.
                            https://cdllife.com/2020/man-accused...olina-highway/

Comment

All I can say are the cult members are out of control.

Man accused of shooting at semi during Trump parade in Ohio
                              An Ohio man was arrested and charged over the weekend after allegedly opening fire on a semi truck during a political rally.
                              Fifty-eight year old Todd Crawford was arrested and charged with discharge of a firearm on or near premises, according to local news outlet WBNS.
                              The arrest came after a road rage incident that began around 10:40 a.m. on Saturday, October 3, in Hilliard, Ohio.
                              The Hilliard Police Department said that they received a call from an unnamed semi truck driver who reported that a man in a black Ford F-150 pickup had opened fire on his truck as the two vehicles were traveling north on I-270.
                              During the investigation into the incident, police learned that Crawford was participating in a parade in support of President Trump on I-270 when the shooting occurred.
                              Crawford told police that as he was participating in the rally, the semi truck driver struck his pickup, causing him to open fire on the semi out of fear for his own safety.
                              The truck driver denied this claim, admitting to heckling parade participants, but saying that he did not strike Crawford’s pickup.
                              https://cdllife.com/2020/man-accused...arade-in-ohio/

Comment

Working...
                              X