Tentative agreement to sell EHC utility for $21.8 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tentative agreement to sell EHC utility for $21.8 million

American Water bought out our local water company for several years before selling to Epcor. Can't say I was thrilled with them and this here involves teamsters.

EGG HARBOR CITY — City Councilman Robert Ross announced at the Aug. 13 virtual City Council meeting that a tentative agreement had been reached to sell the city’s water and sewer utility to New Jersey American Water Company.

It then needed a vote from council to authorize City Solicitor Angela Maione Costigan to draw up an official agreement, which was subsequently unanimously passed by the governing body.

The city would receive $21.8 million from the sale, according to City Engineer Ryan McGowan. However, some of that figure is expected to pay off debt.
    Council President Angelo Lello suggested holding a public meeting on the issue at the Teamsters Hall on Philadelphia Avenue or in the Community School, locations where it would be safe to social distance. “We want everyone to know what is going on with the sale,” he said.

Following the meeting, a decision was made to hold an executive meeting, closed to the public, 6 p.m. Monday, Aug. 24 at Teamsters Local 331 Hall for council members to discuss a potential agreement.
    https://pressofatlanticcity.com/curr...5b2695607.html

Re: Tentative agreement to sell EHC utility for $21.8 million

American Water company is all over New Jersey. Many communities surrounding me are supplied though them. IMO, it's sham meant to have another hand in the pocket of the citizens, a third party looking for profit. Something else is always cut to make those profits.

I'm lucky. I live in a town that still supplies our own water from wells drawing from three different aquifers, the Raritan, Cohansey and Mt Laurel-Wenonah that flow deep underground in New Jersey.

Comment

Working...
    X