Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Biden/Kamala Harris Ticket

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
    There is a vision for the future. Some don't agree, but with what I see, we have no choice but to move forward.
    I've always said, never go backwards. Something my Father told me about union business.
    The world and the economy must always move forward in respect to technology and humanity. The two can work together.

Biden’s vision for manufacturing: One million U.S. workers making electric vehicles, chargers

https://labortribune.com/bidens-visi...cles-chargers/
    If he goes back to China Mexico trade...preTrump.....we won't be making anything for too long.
    And if he goes back to Obama's TPP....which these kind of guys consider to be progress....we might as well not even start making anything.
    We can't compete with third world wages...and our tax base is too small to fund anything until the trade is done with us in mind first.

Comment

There is a vision for the future. Some don't agree, but with what I see, we have no choice but to move forward.
      I've always said, never go backwards. Something my Father told me about union business.
      The world and the economy must always move forward in respect to technology and humanity. The two can work together.

Biden’s vision for manufacturing: One million U.S. workers making electric vehicles, chargers

https://labortribune.com/bidens-visi...cles-chargers/
      The pipe fitters Union prefers his stance on rebuilding our infrastructure and know the jobs that come with it. A one and done pipeline that Don the Con sold them or work for decades. Easy choice.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
      Last edited by 222lifer; 10-05-2020, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Adding another influential name to the very long list of prominent supporters backing Biden.

Retired General Backs Biden, Says A 2nd Trump Term Would Put Democracy 'At Risk'
        Retired four-star Air Force Gen. Chuck Boyd is one of hundreds of military voices speaking out against President Trump this election. Late last month, Boyd, who fought in Vietnam and spent seven years there as a prisoner of war, joined nearly 500 national security leaders who endorsed Democrat Joe Biden.
        In a video endorsement, Boyd says that ever since he returned from Vietnam, he has been a Republican, "but quietly." He goes on: "I fervently believe that military officers should not get involved in presidential politics, even when retired. But this year is different."

That's because, Boyd tells NPR, he thinks Trump is a danger to democracy.
        I think the point at which he began telling the American people that the election process itself was fraudulent, that mail-in balloting was a disaster, was terrible. I thought if our citizens lose faith in how they go about electing their leaders, then democracy itself is at risk, at deep risk. That's the point at which I said I've got to get involved in this in some way.
        https://www.npr.org/2020/10/09/91961...morningedition

Comment

https://www.theamericanconservative....y-capitalists/

uring the vice presidential debate between Senator Kamala Harris and Vice President Michael Pence, the former claimed that she was the only one in the race who had “prosecuted the big banks.” This was completely wrong.

In fact, as California attorney general, Kamala Harris pretty much let the big banks do what they wanted while extracting billions in extortion money from their shareholders. Not a single executive of a large bank was prosecuted during the Obama administration. Harris typifies the modern-day progressive politician, using regulation and threats of enforcement actions to accumulate a political war chest.

California attorney general’s office “put together a robust report” against OneWest Bank, Francesca Mari writes in The New York Review of Books (“The Housing Vultures”), “detailing widespread misconduct, which included backdating false documents, performing foreclosure actions without legal authority, and violating proper foreclosure notification practices.” Yet author Aaron Glantz notes in his new book Homewreckers that Harris did nothing about OneWest Bank, which was then headed by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

As the old saying goes, “AG” stands for aspiring governor—or in this case, senator. In practice, American politicians are generally more interested in helping themselves than voters and consumers. Harris was elected California attorney general in November 2010, as the Obama administration was trying to deal with the great financial crisis. This was the perfect moment for her and other Democrats to ride the wave of national angst against the large banks that were receiving federal bailouts.

By 2012, Harris was already a rising Democratic star and a potential gubernatorial candidate. When she announced that California would receive by far the largest share of the $26 billion during the initial announcement of the National Mortgage Settlement, it signaled her arrival to national politics. Harris controlled the distribution of this money extracted from pension funds and investors who typically own equity in large banks. This treasure trove allowed a child of Indian immigrants with no particular political skills, charm, or ideological direction to jump the proverbial shark of California politics.

Comment

Adding another influential name to the very long list of prominent supporters backing Biden.

Retired General Backs Biden, Says A 2nd Trump Term Would Put Democracy 'At Risk'

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/09/91961...morningedition
            Is Democracy more at risk by pointing out the dangers of mail-ins.....or more at risk by shutting up about it while corruption does what it wants?
            I totally disagree with this corrupt General.
            There's more to the story...and he most probably knows what...
            Trump instills fear in some of these guys who have lived as kings above the law for much time.
            https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/...irregularities

HARRISBURG, Pa. (ChurchMilitant.com) - Almost 60,000 mail-in ballots never arrived to their destinations in a Pennsylvania county that went heavily for Donald Trump in 2016.

Pittsburgh NBC affiliate WPXI is reporting that 58,000 ballots in Westmoreland County are missing in action. Meant to be sent out last week to homes in this red area of the state, they have yet to arrive.

The Westmoreland County Election Bureau is placing the blame on Midwest Direct, a county-hired independent contractor whose job it was to mail the ballots.
            In 2016, Donald Trump won Pennsylvania's highly coveted delegates by beating Hillary Clinton by only 45,000 votes. For obvious reasons, Republicans are concerned that a 60,000-vote mistake could be the difference in November, not only for Pennsylvania, but also for the nation.

Elsewhere, ballots in Allegheny County, a heavily Democratic area that includes Pittsburgh and abuts Westmoreland County, were mailed September 24 — almost two weeks before Westmoreland County disclosed the problem with its missing ballots. There is no word yet from the commonwealth as to whether there will be an extension for Westmoreland voters.
            This is the third six-figure voter mistake in a battleground state this week," he wrote. "Yet, somehow, we are supposed to have confidence in officials' ability to conduct this process without screwing it up or opening it up to massive fraud."

Comment

This is an opinion article published by the "Labor Tribune".
              A little about the author.
              "Jonathon M. Forbes is an attorney with the Gori Law Firm in Edwardsville and has been a strong Labor supporter throughout his career. He was honored as the 2016 Friend of Labor by the Greater Madison County Federation of Labor. He is on the state board of the Illinois Foster Parent Association and has written bills that became laws to help rape victims, protect children from drug dealers and support burn victims."

Why I support Biden and Harris
              We are facing an election in which, for the first time in my life, I have never seen a clearer contrast. One candidate spews anger and hatred and tries desperately to cling to the idea that some are created better than others.
              On the other side is a man of ideas who speaks more softly but with a real determination that America needs healing, needs change and needs to take another step toward equality.
              I will not in my lifetime, nor will my children or their heirs, see full equality, but we will see us, as a nation, take another baby step toward equality, justice and back to compassion.
              Centuries from now, I want history to show that this country of mine that I love faced a virus, riots, a wannabe dictator and hate itself. And with one giant voice said “NO!”
              No, we will not let this virus kill us.
              We will not let our peaceful protests be stolen by those who spread hate and turned into a chance for their own profit.
              And yes, we will also tell the world that no American is above another, no matter what office he holds.
              In a banana republic, the leader speaks for his country. In these United States of America, no one person speaks for us. We speak for ourselves because we are bound together by sinews of love of country, not fear of leaders.
              That is why I support Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to be president and vice president. Not because they are the answer to all of our problems, but because they show not only love for country but love for others. Being compassionate doesn’t make you weak. On the contrary, it shows courage.
              I do not vote out of fear but out of hope. I do not fear, because America is bigger than any one group. America is an idea, and Joe Biden, I believe, can express that view to all Americans and bring us together again. Four years of hate is enough.

God bless you and America, in that order.
              https://labortribune.com/opinion-why...en-and-harris/

Comment

This article is from "Labor411". A website dedicated to labor and unions.

What Trump and Biden’s Campaign Websites Actually Say About Unions And Workers
                We looked at the two official campaign websites for President Donald Trump and former Vice-President Joe Biden. Here is what the websites said about the candidates’ platforms for labor unions and workers.
                The Trump-Pence site, www.donaldjtrump.com, has virtually nothing to say about workers and unions. The closest he comes to talking about workers is on a page called “Economy and Jobs.” Notice that he doesn’t use the word “workers” in the title. A brief look at the brief section, which is 437 words of Trump patting himself on the back for a robust economy that he inherited, reveals that he uses the word “workers” only once. And even that is in reference to his trickle down philosophy: “Alleviated the tax burden on over 500 companies. who used those savings to fund bonuses, wage increases for 4.8 million workers.”
                That’s it. That’s the entirety of Trump’s platform on workers. 437 words of basically nothing about workers, unions, wages, overtime, union-busting, collective bargaining, and so on.
                The Biden-Harris campaign website, https://joebiden.com/, spells out its platform for workers and unions in a comprehensive plan that spans over 4,100 words.
                Biden’s website states in his three-point plan that he will:
                Check the abuse of corporate power over labor and hold corporate executives personally accountable for violations of labor laws;
                Encourage and incentivize unionization and collective bargaining; and
                Ensure that workers are treated with dignity and receive the pay, benefits, and workplace protections they deserve.
                He spells out in great detail what each point covers and what he will do to help workers and unions. Below is a summary of the plan, which is quite large in itself. To see the unabridged plan, and you really should, go to https://joebiden.com/empowerworkers.
                http://labor411.org/411-blog/here-is...OSZkhRc3vwC99I

Comment

This article is from "Labor411". A website dedicated to labor and unions.

What Trump and Biden’s Campaign Websites Actually Say About Unions And Workers

http://labor411.org/411-blog/here-is...OSZkhRc3vwC99I
                  47 years of the same type of writers and rhetoric.......and union numbers never go up.
                  Time to start seeing the truth.
                  The truth is the Dems talk alot of bull pur whole lives and they get rich and powerful...and we get weaker and broker.
                  The truth is in seeing where they've taken us with all their big Oscar quality acts.....our numbers go down....and we continue backtracking in every way.
                  That is truth.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                    47 years of the same type of writers and rhetoric.......and union numbers never go up.
                    Time to start seeing the truth.
                    The truth is the Dems talk alot of bull pur whole lives and they get rich and powerful...and we get weaker and broker.
                    The truth is in seeing where they've taken us with all their big Oscar quality acts.....our numbers go down....and we continue backtracking in every way.
                    That is truth.
                    We all know the truth Slave. We have shown what was gained and what was lost for many years on this site. The gains came on the back of a Donkey and were crushed by the foot of an elephant. That trend continues as I type this.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Joe Biden/Kamala Harris Ticket

I see Trump is supported by a handful of unions.
                      But support means you actually support union workers. You do that by purchasing union made products.
                      This picture says a thousand words.

Comment

Yes,by all means,let's talk about the 1994 crime bill from a ''Black Perspective'',shall we....Black Agenda Report is a Left-Wing African-American web-site that speaks 'Truth to Power'...Let's see what they have to say about Joe Biden's 47 years in politics...

https://www.blackagendareport.com/bl...e-need-bust-it

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post
                          Yes,by all means,let's talk about the 1994 crime bill from a ''Black Perspective'',shall we....Black Agenda Report is a Left-Wing African-American web-site that speaks 'Truth to Power'...Let's see what they have to say about Joe Biden's 47 years in politics...

And then of course,there's ''Kamala''

https://www.blackagendareport.com/us...at-away-harris

Comment

Originally posted by wizard View Post

Anybody who opposes the DNC now colludes with the Russians...LOL....Condescending Ridiculous and childish billionaires.
                            Please do know that Black Agenda Report is being censored by Google and other commercial social media, and has been singled out by anonymous cowards who, accuse us of making propaganda for the Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by slavenomore View Post
                              Anybody who opposes the DNC now colludes with the Russians...LOL....Condescending Ridiculous and childish billionaires.
                              That's always been true Slave...If you recall during the primaries,Hillary was calling Tulsi Gabbard a Russian asset because she spoke out 'against' the MIC and regime change wars...And now we have everyone's favorite DNC speaker of the House 'investing' and 'profiting' from CrowdStrike...Can't make this s*it up...These people are beyond despicable...

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55704.htm

https://www.reddit.com/r/WayOfTheBer...nd_russiagate/

Comment

So many have chosen "sides".
                                Like this opinion articles says, politics is not a team sport.

Politics is not a team sport — it’s about America
                                To my Republican friends (and you Yankee, New England and Red Wings fans, too):

Politics is about how we govern ourselves. Politics is about how our great nation chooses to interact with the other nations and peoples of the world. Politics is about how we interact with the climate. Politics is about allocation of resources. Politics is about how we decide what is fair, whether it’s the amount we tax ourselves, the amount we spend on the military, the amount we spend on health care, or the amount we spend on seniors or children or education.
                                Wealthy people control, or at least have an outsize voice, in that discussion. Poor people have virtually no voice in it and middle-class people not much more.
                                Our founding fathers disdained political parties. Disdained them for good reason. Political parties cause people to focus on the team, not the issues.
                                Governance is not a blood sport. Governance is about determining the rules by which we agree to live. Governance is about determining the priorities we want to set as a society for our society.
                                There are those on the right and those on the left who want to “burn it down.” Those who believe government is corrupt and should be destroyed. Those who believe that “if I don’t get what I want, the system is rigged.”
                                Is the system rigged? I’ve already said the wealthy have an outsize voice. In this raucous, quarrelsome representative democracy, we all have a voice.
                                By the Constitutional quirk of the electoral college, a guy with no experience in government or the military, who lost the popular vote by three million, stumbled into the White House.
                                Since then he has mishandled a pandemic, crashed an economy that the Obama-Biden team rebuilt after the Bush administration crashed it, has handed billions to the wealthiest through tax cuts designed to help those who need it least, and has weakened our presence on the world stage.
                                Thirty Republican national security leaders have said he is not competent to handle the nation’s affairs, men and women that I respect professionally and personally. He caters to dictators while attacking our allies. While the nation and the world are crying out for stable leadership, his hands aren’t on the wheel of state but are typing out erratic tweets assaulting people of good faith.
                                I’m not asking you to cheer for the Cardinals, I’m asking you to do what is right for your children, your grandchildren and for the nation I spent nearly 36 years in uniform defending. It is time for you to sit quietly and stop rooting for your team while the quiet professionals restore our nation to its guiding principles.

Next October you can root for the Yankees. This November, do what is right – vote for Joe Biden.
                                https://labortribune.com/opinion-pol...about-america/

Comment

Working...
                                X