X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall / Winter 2020 / 2021

This weekend we turn back the clocks.
    The chilly weather is creeping in.
    The rain has been falling here since late last night and is expected to continue well into tomorrow afternoon.
    Expected rainfall amounts over 2 inches.
    The leaves have been falling like the rain.

Re: Fall / Winter 2020 / 2021

Woke this morning to 43 degrees and the steady rain. Freeze warning for tonight after the rain ends. Still haven't turned on the heat inside the house because of construction. Going to be a chilly few days.

Comment

We went from a summer that would never end to a full blown major winter storm Sunday night through Wednesday. We were in the teens. But it brought us much needed moisture as most of the western US is now in Extreme drought. Yesterday was chilly and will continue with no rain or snow in site again.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

Comment

A dry but chilly morning. It's 32 degrees and sunny. Rain expected back tomorrow.

Comment

It will be a glorious fall day here in the land of Zion. Temperature is expected to be in the 60's by late afternoon. I am preparing for leaf duty.

Comment

Originally posted by 222lifer View Post
            It will be a glorious fall day here in the land of Zion. Temperature is expected to be in the 60's by late afternoon. I am preparing for leaf duty.
            I have a gigantic Cottonwood tree in my front yard. I don't do leave duty. I leave them there with the hopes of rain and snow turning them into mulch before next Spring. Then when Spring comes, whatever is left, I clean up. Another advantage of living out in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by ABFwife View Post
              I have a gigantic Cottonwood tree in my front yard. I don't do leave duty. I leave them there with the hopes of rain and snow turning them into mulch before next Spring. Then when Spring comes, whatever is left, I clean up. Another advantage of living out in the country.
              I spent the day in shorts and a t-shirt wrangling the little devils up. I run them through my WORX blower vacuum and reduce them to a fine mulch. This is then tilled into the garden area and flower beds. The rest is bagged and taken to the dumpsters at the rec center. The county trucks pick the dumpsters up and take them to the land fill where it is recycled and sold back to the community by the yard.

Comment

Working...
              X