Teamsters strike in Fargo over COVID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamsters strike in Fargo over COVID

Another food service company that has coronavirus running though the workforce and they refuse to do anything.

Teamsters strike in Fargo over COVID concerns; could affect S.D. food supplies
    Teamsters on Wednesday announced a strike at a Fargo-based food distribution company to begin 1 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 19, over COVID-19 concerns. But a picket line formed Wednesday in Fargo.
    Warehouse workers and delivery drivers for Cash-Wa Distributors, a Fargo-based company that distributes food across the Dakotas and Minnesota, went on strike after more than 10% of Cash-Wa’s workforce tested positive for COVID-19, a Teamsters official told the Capital Journal.
    The workers say Cash-Wa has refused “to comply with the CDC’s COVID-19 guidelines and keep workers and their families safe during the pandemic,” according to a news release from the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, which represents “75 essential workers at Cash-Wa’s Fargo distribution center,” the union official said in a news release.
    In October, Tom Erickson, president of Teamsters Local 120, which represents the workers, said: "It is outrageous that Cash-Wa is not recognizing the hard work these employees are doing day in and day out to keep our communities fed during the worst pandemic in a century."
    https://www.capjournal.com/news/team...545471f95.html

Re: Teamsters strike in Fargo over COVID

some dont have masks on and not practicing social distancing but mad at the company for not doing anything.

my point is we blame everyone and not even doing what we are supposed to do.

Attached Files

Comment

I can see two people, clearly, without masks.
      Just like in today's world, we have plenty of people that won't wear a mask or believe what is happening. Teamsters included.

I still support them, even those that won't wear that mask.

Comment

Originally posted by fxstc07 View Post
        I can see two people, clearly, without masks.
        Just like in today's world, we have plenty of people that won't wear a mask or believe what is happening. Teamsters included.

I still support them, even those that won't wear that mask.
        My point was that they went on strike because 10% tested positive for covid and their company refused to comply with the guidelines and these strikers on the picket line are refusing to comply also. I do not support them, they are practicing the very thing they went on strike for. thats crazy.
        Last edited by Jimmy; 11-20-2020, 05:11 PM.

Comment

a bigger point is everyone is ready to blame someone else about the covid but the human race is not doing what we are supposed to be doing to stop the spread.

Comment

Working...
          X