Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Default Re: 1,500 kroger teamsters exit the central states fund

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Makes them sound like Walmart workers!
    Referring to employees as associates still touches a nerve with me. It goes back at least 30 years. I used to deliver to Rickels and Channel Home Centers before Home Depot drove them out of business. Back then they called their employees associates. A receiving clerk told me it was cheaper for them to hire associates than employees. I think they were working under a different corporate name or something like that...............There has to be some legal reason in the corporate mindset for it. In that context calling employees associates still annoys me.

2. Likes slavenomore, ABFwife, 222lifer Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: 1,500 kroger teamsters exit the central states fund

Unfortunately this is all over the news this morning only on subscriptions sites that I can find so far. I am going to post this particle article even though we cannot access it all with the hopes of soon finding updates that I can access fully simply because this seems too important to not post.

Teamsters Pension Trustees Blast Challenge to $467M Kroger Deal

The trustees of a troubled Teamsters pension plan defended their decision to block Kroger Co. from breaking off from the plan, saying their actions led to a $467 million cash settlement with the grocery chain.

A group of Kroger workers accused the Central States, Southeast and Southwest Areas Pension Plan of failing to negotiate a proposal that would allow them to leave the underfunded plan and receive pension benefits elsewhere. The workers said this failure to negotiate constituted a fiduciary...
    https://news.bloomberglaw.com/employ...7m-kroger-deal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12