On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Ibt covid 19 outbreak resource

Quote Originally Posted by fedexnuno View Post
    Our 848 meeting for 03/15/20 was canceled till further notice
    We had a meeting about our COO today...Just our guys.
    But next week we had an important meeting for stewards with union lawyers and stuff......it has been postponed due to the virus.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

You need at least 2 weeks of supplies. There will be a lock down

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

I can't believe whats being canceled and flying off the shelves.

6. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Our state run liquor stores here in Pa are shutting down after Tuesday. Tuesday?? Oh that's right they will wait till after St Paddy's day. Watching TV this morning gave me some ideas for a new TV reality show. How to get the most groceries during a pandemic. It's comical to watch the idiots fighting over stuff .

8. Likes 1484-1075, slavenomore Liked this post
    Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Yesterday we when shopping at Sprouts market for our weekly buy, and man it was bad, reminded me of Fear of the Walking Dead first episode.
    We barely managed to get our meats, our fruits and some nut and dried fruits snacks, but the vegetables were all gone.
    Water shelf empty, any paper products empty too, cereal isle empty too.

I know for sure that our warehouse will be busy and us drivers running a lot of solo route runs !!!
    Last edited by fedexnuno; 03-15-2020 at 11:08 AM.

10. Likes crazy, slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by fedexnuno View Post
    Yesterday we when shopping at Sprouts market for our weekly buy, and man it was bad, reminded me of Fear of the Walking Dead first episode.
    We barely managed to get our meats, our fruits and some nut and dried fruits snacks, but the vegetables were all gone.
    Water shelf empty, any paper products empty too, cereal isle empty too.

I know for sure that our warehouse will be busy and us drivers running a lot of solo route runs !!!
    I see Lots of overtime in your future. For those who want it and for those that dont. I can also see the hours of service for drivers being suspended for the duration of the emergency.

12. Likes fedexnuno, slavenomore Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

YRC driver told me Friday they had a meeting that morning and the powers that be mentioned a 2 week shut-down...That would be suicide...They'd be out of business...Companies are laying off because of the massive slowdown...Inventories are getting depleted and many containers are not even close to making it to there final destination...Some companies have new policies in place starting NOW...When you show up for Del or Pu,they will have a temperature-guns that will point at your head...Any type of fever at all,you will NOT be allowed in the building and turned away...Other companies have questionnaires to fill out...Have you visited these ''10 countries'' in the past month?...Have you been sick in the past 2 weeks?...And on and on with more questions...Another company I went to Friday had security waiting to take you to wash your hands ''TWICE'' before being allowed in the warehouse...And this is just the beginning...I can't blame them...Let's hope it gets better before it gets worse because there will be job losses...

14. Likes 222lifer, Jimmy Liked this post
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    YRC driver told me Friday they had a meeting that morning and the powers that be mentioned a 2 week shut-down...That would be suicide...They'd be out of business...Companies are laying off because of the massive slowdown...Inventories are getting depleted and many containers are not even close to making it to there final destination...Some companies have new policies in place starting NOW...When you show up for Del or Pu,they will have a temperature-guns that will point at your head...Any type of fever at all,you will NOT be allowed in the building and turned away...Other companies have questionnaires to fill out...Have you visited these ''10 countries'' in the past month?...Have you been sick in the past 2 weeks?...And on and on with more questions...Another company I went to Friday had security waiting to take you to wash your hands ''TWICE'' before being allowed in the warehouse...And this is just the beginning...I can't blame them...Let's hope it gets better before it gets worse because there will be job losses...
    YRC better not shut down.... yeah that will kill them.. after all we gave back and went through to keep them going...

16. Likes slavenomore Liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast