Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

  1. #11
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Local Union
    776
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

    Contact the IBT immediately. Tell them what is going on and let them know that you are not being represented by your stewards or the local. You may have to file charges against the local for non representation. It could get ugly but if the local is doing this to you how many others are they ignoring. Check around see if anyone is willing to back you up. Good Luck and keep us posted!
    Clutch Cargo likes this.

  2. #12
    Tired Driver

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Local Union
    705
    Employer
    Abbott Laboratories
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

    Quote Originally Posted by grouchyoldbiker View Post
    Contact the IBT immediately. Tell them what is going on and let them know that you are not being represented by your stewards or the local. You may have to file charges against the local for non representation. It could get ugly but if the local is doing this to you how many others are they ignoring. Check around see if anyone is willing to back you up. Good Luck and keep us posted!
    Thanks for Responding grouchyoldbiker, I met with the local Teamsters today, and My Grievance letter was not acceptable to them. He said I only have one chance to file and that's all. So if I get shot down, I can never file again he said. I worked hard at this place, went through all the Major BS for over 14 years there, Now all of the sudden, Im on top and Have NO Seniority rights at all, This dispatcher knows how to play with the freight, and Give it to one certain driver. The driver talks to her on her own cell phone and tells her what to give him. The guy is the last one in EVERYDAY. He takes from everyone to make his nice long day.

  3. #13
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    22,910
    Rep Power
    853

    Default Re: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
    Thanks for Responding grouchyoldbiker, I met with the local Teamsters today, and My Grievance letter was not acceptable to them. He said I only have one chance to file and that's all. So if I get shot down, I can never file again he said. I worked hard at this place, went through all the Major BS for over 14 years there, Now all of the sudden, Im on top and Have NO Seniority rights at all, This dispatcher knows how to play with the freight, and Give it to one certain driver. The driver talks to her on her own cell phone and tells her what to give him. The guy is the last one in EVERYDAY. He takes from everyone to make his nice long day.
    Then your BA should assist you on writing up the grievance..
    Clutch Cargo likes this.

  4. #14
    Tired Driver

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Local Union
    705
    Employer
    Abbott Laboratories
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Then your BA should assist you on writing up the grievance..
    HI, Crazy, I filed a grievance and they said you have no leg to stand on. The company will not let you tell them how to run their company. But for years they listened to senior drivers. Now, All hope is gone.

  5. #15
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    25,935
    Rep Power
    1129

    Default Re: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
    HI, Crazy, I filed a grievance and they said you have no leg to stand on. The company will not let you tell them how to run their company. But for years they listened to senior drivers. Now, All hope is gone.
    Could you cite the violation of your contract? Article number?
    Clutch Cargo likes this.

  6. #16
    Tired Driver

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Local Union
    705
    Employer
    Abbott Laboratories
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

    Section 8, article 1: Seniority and not the equipment shall prevail over all.

    This guy had a number of drivers vote, and we now bid on trucks, not runs, so now the dispatcher favors certain drivers and gives them the longer days.

  7. #17
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    22,910
    Rep Power
    853

    Default Re: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
    Section 8, article 1: Seniority and not the equipment shall prevail over all.

    This guy had a number of drivers vote, and we now bid on trucks, not runs, so now the dispatcher favors certain drivers and gives them the longer days.
    Again this is something that you have to get your BA involved in.. Are they assigning certain trucks to certain runs??
    Clutch Cargo likes this.

  8. #18
    Tired Driver

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Local Union
    705
    Employer
    Abbott Laboratories
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Again this is something that you have to get your BA involved in.. Are they assigning certain trucks to certain runs??
    Yes dispatch assigns the longer days to all the lessor senior drivers. The guy I have been talking about, told the new drivers stick with him and he will have the dispatcher take care of them. The head of the teamsters once said, " I really never agreed with them signing for trucks".

    Merry Christmas Everyone.
    Last edited by Clutch Cargo; 12-25-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    crazy likes this.

  9. #19
    Tired Driver

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Local Union
    705
    Employer
    Abbott Laboratories
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

    Things are a little better for now. The Dispatcher is under the radar now, she gave all the work to the slowest drivers, and they racked up 12-13 and sometimes 14hrs a day, but had to stay under the 60 for the week. Lately management looks at the numbers and says we lost money. So they looked at who had overtime and was it justified. Some of the drivers would spend an hour and more at one stop. The rule of thumb for many years was, 1 skid 15 minutes, 2 skids 20 minutes, 3 skids, 25-30 minutes, the past drivers made up the rules. Everyone from the past is retired, and some expired, we now have a whole new crew. Im the last one of the old private fleet we had. Im not as fast as I used to be, I used to jump off docks, run down ramps, now days, I stand at the end of a dock, look down, and say to myself, NO WAY can I jump down, Ill get hurt. My back hurts many times pulling up roll up doors, My knees are shot, But Ill try and get the work done as fast as possible. Lately I have been getting a little more work, but not getting as much O.T as other drivers, I can live with this.
    222lifer likes this.

  10. #20
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    25,935
    Rep Power
    1129

    Default Re: Dispatcher wont recognize my seniority

    All we can do is work as safely and quickly as possible.
    Clutch Cargo likes this.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334