Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

  1. #1
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    37,879
    Rep Power
    861

    Default Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

    This is from September 10th but I don't think I have come across anything about this before.

    International Brotherhood of Teamsters General President James P. Hoffa promised on Labor Day that unionized car-haulers will support the UAW if the union calls a strike against any of Detroit’s Big Three car makers.

    “If the UAW goes on strike, I make a pledge on behalf of the 1.4 million Teamster members – we will honor your picket lines,” Hoffa said at the Detroit Labor Day Parade. “We will walk with you every day,” Hoffa said “They aren’t going to haul those cars if we’re there.

    “Hoffa’s pledge came a week after the Teamsters reached a tentative agreement for a new national carhaul contract covering about 6,000 Teamster car haulers. The Teamsters committee negotiating the contract unanimously endorsed the agreement, announced Sept. 1.
    Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers - LaborUnionReport.com

  2. #2
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    493
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    125

    Default Re: Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    This is from September 10th but I don't think I have come across anything about this before.



    Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers - LaborUnionReport.com
    mmmmm....I wonder what Rome Aloise thinks of this idea? You know the guy who's on the Hoffa Hall ticket as a vice president at large, also the head of a joint counsel who instructed his own members to cross a longshoreman's picket line out in Oakland not to long ago because they were asking for a "living wage" and made a comment that a living wage demand was crazy? Well of course the longshoreman got their "crazy" demand and more, while Aloise and his members made themselves to look like idiots. As far as the carhaul tentative agreement is concerned all I have to say is UNBELIEVABLE! Here you have an industry, the auto industry that has had some of its best years in recent memory and yet again the best the IBT "leadership" can do is concessions, YET AGAIN. I hope all of you in carhaul vote this down overwhelmingly! Pay attention to what Fred Zuckerman is saying about those "omitted articles".
    ghostrider and 222lifer like this.

  3. #3
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    25,983
    Rep Power
    1130

    Default Re: Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    mmmmm....I wonder what Rome Aloise thinks of this idea? You know the guy who's on the Hoffa Hall ticket as a vice president at large, also the head of a joint counsel who instructed his own members to cross a longshoreman's picket line out in Oakland not to long ago because they were asking for a "living wage" and made a comment that a living wage demand was crazy? Well of course the longshoreman got their "crazy" demand and more, while Aloise and his members made themselves to look like idiots. As far as the carhaul tentative agreement is concerned all I have to say is UNBELIEVABLE! Here you have an industry, the auto industry that has had some of its best years in recent memory and yet again the best the IBT "leadership" can do is concessions, YET AGAIN. I hope all of you in carhaul vote this down overwhelmingly! Pay attention to what Fred Zuckerman is saying about those "omitted articles".
    Let's make a big stand, after all........reelection hangs in the balance?

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    Yankee likes this.

  4. #4
    It's 5 PM somewhere!

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Local Union
    908
    Employer
    Retired
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    11,101
    Rep Power
    817

    Default Re: Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

    I must be candid here, I have a hard time backing the uaw on this. I know of two instances of
    uaw crossing Teamster picket lines....so my first thought is "screw them"
    Last edited by x475; 10-04-2015 at 09:40 PM.
    ghostrider and bean like this.

  5. #5
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Local Union
    443
    Employer
    Roadway
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,861
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

    Quote Originally Posted by x475 View Post
    I must be candid here, I have a hard time backing the uaw on this. I know of two instances of
    uaw crossing Teamster picket lines....so my first thought is "screw them"


  6. #6
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    22,910
    Rep Power
    853

    Default Re: Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

    Quote Originally Posted by x475 View Post
    I must be candid here, I have a hard time backing the uaw on this. I know of two instances of
    uaw crossing Teamster picket lines....so my first thought is "screw them"
    If unions are going to stick together, they have to start somewhere.. No better time than now,.Even when I had to work a non union job I never crossed a picket including informational pickets that the teamsters said it was OK to cross.. Picket line was there for a reason.
    fxstc07, ABFwife and 222lifer like this.

  7. #7
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    25,983
    Rep Power
    1130

    Default Re: Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    If unions are going to stick together, they have to start somewhere.. No better time than now,.Even when I had to work a non union job I never crossed a picket including informational pickets that the teamsters said it was OK to cross.. Picket line was there for a reason.
    I am with you Crazy. Never crossed, never will. I know quite a few UPS "casual" scabs got a lesson in solidarity on the strike line years ago from us at Ol' Yellar. The long shoremen are a good example for me. They stood beside us a time or two. With the organizing efforts at Conway and FedEx gaining attention, there is no better time to stand shoulder to shoulder.

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    Yankee and fxstc07 like this.

  8. #8
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    25,983
    Rep Power
    1130

    Default Re: Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post

    His first thought bean. Not his only thought.
    x475 likes this.

  9. #9
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Local Union
    443
    Employer
    Roadway
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,861
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

    Solidarity is one thing but when you chose to strike when union officials endorse and sign a tentative agreement you cannot win

  10. #10
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    22,910
    Rep Power
    853

    Default Re: Teamsters Vow To Honor UAW Picket Lines If Union Strikes Detroit Three Automakers

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Solidarity is one thing but when you chose to strike when union officials endorse and sign a tentative agreement you cannot win
    Do you even know what a "tentative agreement" is?? Maybe you should try and Google it..
    222lifer likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334