Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.

Thread: Pension Update

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Pension Update

Not sure if there was another thread on this but I saw this was bi partison and involved Local 707.

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ons-1.15754544

2. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Teamsters Applaud Rep. Pete King’s Co-Sponsorship of Butch Lewis Act

(HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.) – Today, Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.) joined Sen. Check Schumer (D-N.Y.) at a press conference at Teamsters Local 707 in Hempstead, N.Y. to announce his co-sponsorship of the Butch Lewis Act of 2017 (H.R.4444/S.2147), legislation that will assist pension plans facing insolvency. Rep. King is the first Republican member of Congress to join the bill as a sponsor.

The Butch Lewis Act of 2017, which was introduced by Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Rep. Richard Neal (D-MA) on Nov. 16, would provide a path to fixing the country’s growing pension crisis by providing the financial support the plans need to avoid insolvency.

“I am proud to support the Butch Lewis Act and I commend Jim Hoffa for his leadership,” Rep. King said. “Protecting retirees who worked hard for their pensions should not be a partisan issue. Republicans and Democrats should work together to allow workers to live their retirement years in dignity. It's time to get started.”
    https://teamster.org/news/2018/01/te...utch-lewis-act

4. Likes fxstc07, 2631 Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Pension Update

All over the news feeds today. Let's see how this works with the so-called bipartisan support it will need.