Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default At Netroots, Panelists Say Workers Want Focus on Economic Issues

I totally agree with this. When I watch a speech or debate, I want to hear about blue collar workers. I want to hear about union jobs being created and pension problems being discussed.

PHILADELPHIA – A trio of radio personalities well-versed in politics and policy said presidential contenders need to put workers first and address their concerns if they want to prevail in November 2020.

Speaking on a panel at the Netroots Nation conference sponsored by the Teamsters, the three commentators said candidates need to learn the lessons from 2016, when Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton didn’t reach out enough to working Americans. Bread-and-butter issues like good-paying jobs are paramount.

“You have to look at what is going to appeal to the masses,” said radio host and Democratic strategist Leslie Marshall. “How can you get me to not have to work three jobs to feed my kids?”

Rick Smith, host of nationally syndicated The Rick Smith Show, agreed. He said Democrats in recent years have spoken down to blue-collar workers, while conservative radio has lauded them as the heart of the nation. It shouldn’t be surprising that they are shifting their political allegiances.

“These people have been struggling from deindustrialization and bad trade deals for 30 years,” he said. “Neo-liberal policies should be frigging dead by now. We need fair trade and an even playing field.”

Bill Press, former California Democratic Party chairman and CNN and MSNBC commentator who now is the host of his own podcast, said contenders need to talk the language of workers.

“We can win them back with the right message,” he said. “We are the Democratic Party. We are the party that fights for people.”
    https://teamster.org/blog/2019/07/ne...conomic-issues

2. Likes fxstc07, 222lifer, fedexnuno Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: At Netroots, Panelists Say Workers Want Focus on Economic Issues

That very theme was lacking from the debates of late.

4. Likes fedexnuno Liked this post
    Having Fun Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPGF

Their to busy pandering to those on the dole promising them more free stuff to buy their votes so they can keep their power,..

They do not care if the working man lives or dies,......

6. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    Their to busy pandering to those on the dole promising them more free stuff to buy their votes so they can keep their power,..

Supporting the republican ideals of corporate welfare while depriving the working man a livable wage doesn't add much credence to your post.

Having Fun Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPGF

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Supporting the republican ideals of corporate welfare while depriving the working man a livable wage doesn't add much credence to your post.
    All of that free, free, free, free, free, free, free that the dems keep wanting to
    give out cost somebody somewhere something,....

And that somebody is you and me and the rest of the taxpaying workers,...

None of the "free,free,free,free" is for you and me,....

9. Likes 1484-1075 Liked this post
    Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Attachment 1416

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

All of that free, free, free, free, free, free, free that the dems keep wanting to
    give out cost somebody somewhere something,....

And that somebody is you and me and the rest of the taxpaying workers,...

None of the "free,free,free,free" is for you and me,....
    All that corporate welfare costs somebody, somewhere, something........That's you and me, the tax payer.

True, nothing is free. Ever hear of reallocation Walleye? That's where the funds to support these "free" programs comes from. That bloated defense budget is a good place to draw from.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

12. Likes fedexnuno, fxstc07, ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

How about all the freeloaders get a job. Stop making and contributing to programs for the non-working class of loafers and multigenerational welfare recipients that have no intension of helping themselves.Just live off the working stiff, and of course we should be happy we can carry their lazy asses forever.

14. Likes Walleye Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 1484-1075 View Post
    How about all the freeloaders get a job. Stop making and contributing to programs for the non-working class of loafers and multigenerational welfare recipients that have no intension of helping themselves.Just live off the working stiff, and of course we should be happy we can carry their lazy asses forever.
    How about all those freeloader rich elitists start paying income taxes ?
    You know, like Donnie, the golden wonder cow that claims he was "smart" for not paying taxes for decades ... as he cheated every working man and woman.
    Apparently it's acceptable for the wealthy to cheat the working man, but when a poor person scams the system for a free bag of food you cry cheater and call them a lazy :(:(:(.
    Donnie draft deferment and his club of cheaters and con artists are the ones you should be complaining about.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    How about all those freeloader rich elitists start paying income taxes ?
    You know, like Donnie, the golden wonder cow that claims he was "smart" for not paying taxes for decades ... as he cheated every working man and woman.
    Apparently it's acceptable for the wealthy to cheat the working man, but when a poor person scams the system for a free bag of food you cry cheater and call them a lazy :(:(:(.
    Donnie draft deferment and his club of cheaters and con artists are the ones you should be complaining about.
    So perfectly said fxstc!!!!

17. Likes 222lifer Liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast