I know I have a Hoffa retirement thread going in the TDU forum but quite a different tone. This really belongs here as it really is the end of an era.

End of an era: Hoffa Jr. to leave top Teamsters post in 2022

For the first time this century, a man named Hoffa will not be leading the 1.4 million-member Teamsters union come 2022.

James P. “Jim” Hoffa began the end of an era for the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, telling The Detroit News he will not seek reelection just as the nation’s largest labor union this week makes a historic exit from government oversight.

"I think it's time for the next generation to take over," the 78-year-old labor leader told the Detroit News.
Claiming he “rebuilt this union” in 22 years at the helm, Hoffa also said, “We've rebuilt our finances. We rebuilt the spirit. We put the swagger back in the union.”The younger Hoffa fought for decades to clean up the union’s image. That was helped along by a consent decree the Teamsters signed with the Justice Department in 1989 to allow the federal government oversight of the union’s finances and other internal workings. That decree ended this year.
https://www.logisticsmgmt.com/articl...s_post_in_2022