Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default New Bill Would Encourage Companies to Keep Jobs in U.S.

The Teamsters are issuing their support for new legislation introduced last week that would attempt to curb jobs from moving overseas by providing incentives for businesses to keep work in this country.

The End Outsourcing Act, introduced by Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wisc.) in the House and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) in the Senate, would use federal spending as a tool to end the practice. The bill would prevent employers from deducting expenses related to outsourcing, deny certain tax breaks to outsourcing employers, and require federal agencies awarding contracts, loans, loan guarantees and grants to establish a negative preference for employers who have outsourced in the last three years.
    The legislation would eliminate the incentive to keep corporate earning overseas by taxing foreign profits at the same rate as domestic profits. In addition, the bill would claw back tax credits and grants given to employers for new building specific facilities if the employers outsource jobs at such facilities. And it would create an insourcing tax credit for new business activity located in underutilized business zones or low-income communities.
    https://teamster.org/blog/2020/03/ne...s-keep-jobs-us

2. Likes fxstc07, 2631 Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: New Bill Would Encourage Companies to Keep Jobs in U.S.

I think it's great. Isn't this the same kind of stuff Trump gets busted on for, though....tax incentives and tax breaks for businesses?

4. Likes crazy, 1484-1075 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    I think it's great. Isn't this the same kind of stuff Trump gets busted on for, though....tax incentives and tax breaks for businesses?
    He been railing about China since he was on the campaign and what was he called for it?? racist and other choice names.. They will never admit he was right..

6. Likes slavenomore, 1484-1075 Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    He been railing about China since he was on the campaign and what was he called for it?? racist and other choice names.. They will never admit he was right..
    And this Coronavirus thing is probably a setup for those who love using Communist Chinese and illegal immigrant labor for increase in profits and power....they failed at defeating Trump at the ballot box. They failed at impeachment.....and now everything they love spreads this virus......for their own money and power.
    Conspiracy? Yes......but watching business and politics....they leave very little to chance.....they lost with Trump.....anything to destroy him and having "America First" as a thing talked about and encouraged...is their enemy.....so spreading a virus to destroy economy, is not something out of my conspiracy thoughts on the elites.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    The Orange one bloviating about how great, perfect, and beautiful the grift is while shoveling money to corporations in tax breaks and actually doing something about it to end their windfall are entirely different. I sure didn't see a "R" next to the names that introduced the bill.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    The Orange one bloviating about how great, perfect, and beautiful the grift is while shoveling money to corporations in tax breaks and actually doing something about it to end their windfall are entirely different. I sure didn't see a "R" next to the names that introduced the bill.

Which is exactly why tax breaks are ok....because Dems wrote this one....but it's called corporate welfare if Trump does it.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Which is exactly why tax breaks are ok....because Dems wrote this one....but it's called corporate welfare if Trump does it.
    This particular bill doesn't leave the "fox in the hen house" Slave. There is a difference by NOT leaving a reason for them to take the money and run. Which they most certainly did when left on their own to do right by us.