I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    SKANSKA

Default What A Clueless Jerk

This jerk is in charge of the school system . '' It's A Beautiful Day ''

Schools Chancellor Carmen Farina cluelessly defended the decision to keep schools open during Thursday’s lethal Nor’easter – incredibly saying “it’s a beautiful day out there,” as snow and freezing rain fell outside.

“It has totally stopped snowing. It’s absolutely a beautiful day out there right now,” she said at a morning news conference in Brooklyn with Mayor Bill de Blasio.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...WHhy_micNiHN3A
    Last edited by UNION 282; 02-14-2014 at 08:52 AM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    SKANSKA

Default Re: What A Clueless Jerk

Ten inches of snow. School buses colliding with cars. Half empty schools.

“It’s absolutely a beautiful day out there,” beamed New York Schools Chancellor Carmen Fariņa.

The clueless chancellor added insult to inclement weather with that head-scratching remark at a news conference Thursday. She and Mayor de Blasio were defending the decision to keep schools open as a snowstorm bombarded the five boroughs.

They tried to fend off criticism that came from everyone from elected officials to students to weatherman Al Roker.
    Read more: De Blasio defends keeping schools open after storm, but even pals disagree - NY Daily News

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I have heard the ABQ public school spokeswoman say on several occasions that they keep the schools open after a storm because so many working mothers complain that it messes things up for them if the district either has a two hour delay which is quite common or they close. I would like to think parents have the safety of their children in mind. Wonder if this has anything to do with the decision in New York?

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    SKANSKA

The problem that you have in the city is they leave the schools open to act like a day care center , and also to feed the kids and the people are getting mad that the main concerns are the welfare people , let the people on welfare worry about there kids , it's not the tax payers problem , that's why the suburbs populations are growing , people are sick and tired of the city bowing down to the welfare people .

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by UNION 282 View Post
    The problem that you have in the city is they leave the schools open to act like a day care center , and also to feed the kids and the people are getting mad that the main concerns are the welfare people , let the people on welfare worry about there kids , it's not the tax payers problem , that's why the suburbs populations are growing , people are sick and tired of the city bowing down to the welfare people .
    I think it is a little of both. Working moms have no one to watch their kids so they get upset. And I am sure your right about the free food. I think for many parents, school has become exactly that, a daycare center.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    SKANSKA

My thinking is if working parents in the suburbs can have a game plan and a back up plan , so can the ones on welfare , there attitude is the city has to do this and the city has to do that , typical welfare attitude , how about the city cuts off their welfare until they get off their ass and act like parents

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by UNION 282 View Post
    My thinking is if working parents in the suburbs can have a game plan and a back up plan , so can the ones on welfare , there attitude is the city has to do this and the city has to do that , typical welfare attitude , how about the city cuts off their welfare until they get off their ass and act like parents
    The problem is I don't think it is just the welfare parents at all, at least not here from what I am understanding.