Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    26,764
    Rep Power
    1139

    Default Re: Tax Credits for New Jobs, but Really for Union Busting?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    I read it. It's obviously a spin job.
    By whom? The article or myself? I agreed it was a legal at this point in time anyhow. I also said I felt it was unethical. I also agree completely with Rome Aloise.



    Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    It's all relative. That local better busy.
    Spin. No matter, this makes no sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    How meager? Hell, what I make at ABF won't go that far in San Francisco.
    They will go a hell of a lot further for you there than those poverty wages they are paying in Visilia. You have negotiated benefits also. They have nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    Again, why make this about me? Are you obsessed with me?

    Sure my wife and I making 140 to 150, but only within the last 3 or 4 years. Has many many years if struggles. Even at Big R, had to barrow from my dad to pay the rent. Not because of debt, but because of no work. And wife hadn't finished nursing school yet.

    Did I collect some debt? Sure, but my wife and I learned our lesson, paid everything off except for a couple small car payments. Doing fine now. Thanks DAVE!!

    Now, you want my blood type, Social Security number?
    Just curious HOG, but why weren't you out working an additional job when you were struggling? No work at the big R doesn't mean you can't find it elsewhere. The economy was pretty good back then. I was working a couple back then at it wasn't hard to find work at all. From what I have seen of your posts you expect folks to work a couple of jobs in this economy. There is that word "hypocricy" again.

    Just an observation but it sounds to me like you were enabled to take the easy way out instead of standing on your own two feet. You know, borrowing money from your folks. Glad you learned your lesson though. It sounds like you are doing just fine now. But what about then? You didn't have much disposable income did you? Low wages really don't create much do they? Too bad you didn't have Ramsey with you back then. Maybe he could have shown you how to squeeze blood from a turnip.

    Save it for Opra HOG. You're income is a great example of how someone with the upper end of the equation has lost touch with reality. A great example of hypocricy. You are a perfect fit with todays corporate agenda. They love you HOG. You bought their BS hook, line, and sinker. I say call it what it is. Union busting.

  2. #12
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Local Union
    104
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    USA BABY!!!
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    By whom? The article or myself? I agreed it was a legal at this point in time anyhow. I also said I felt it was unethical. I also agree completely with Rome Aloise.
    Ok, that's you're opinion.





    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Spin. No matter, this makes no sense.
    The local in Visalia better get busy at trying to unionize this company.



    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    They will go a hell of a lot further for you there than those poverty wages they are paying in Visilia. You have negotiated benefits also. They have nothing.
    True.



    Quote Originally Posted by DrPhil222lifer View Post
    Just curious HOG, but why weren't you out working an additional job when you were struggling? No work at the big R doesn't mean you can't find it elsewhere. The economy was pretty good back then. I was working a couple back then at it wasn't hard to find work at all. From what I have seen of your posts you expect folks to work a couple of jobs in this economy. There is that word "hypocricy" again.

    Just an observation but it sounds to me like you were enabled to take the easy way out instead of standing on your own two feet. You know, borrowing money from your folks. Glad you learned your lesson though. It sounds like you are doing just fine now. But what about then? You didn't have much disposable income did you? Low wages really don't create much do they? Too bad you didn't have Ramsey with you back then. Maybe he could have shown you how to squeeze blood from a turnip.


    Why didn't I work a second job? How do you I didn't? Ok, since this thread is another thread becoming about me for some reason.

    I was running casual. And even withs good economy, the winters sucked. I wanted to go back to my old job to get some work till Big R picked up. But my parents wanted me to sit by the phone and wait. They didn't want me missing calls thus hurting my chances at getting on regular. They said they would help with anything I needed. It was parents idea. And I hated it. Here I am, a newlywed, and I couldn't afford my to feed my wife some weeks.

    In January after waiting 2 or 3 days for a work call, I called up Big R to see when I may work, and the dispatcher/supervisor was honest with me. He said it could be a few days, and if I needed to get another job, they wouldn't hold missed calls against me.
    So the second I got off the phone, I made a call to my old job, and I was working the next day. Good thing too, Big R didn't call for 3 weeks.

    At my old job, was only making $12hr, but I putting in 70 hours a week. OT after 60. It was just running locally with a small company in Dallas.

    Now I stayed with them until the TM from Big R called me in March and said work is picking up, and wanted me to come back. I said I would love ti come back, but not as a casual. He said ok. I gave my current employer 2 weeks notice, then went back to Big R. And rest as they say is history.

    As far as our debt. Most of came from stupid spending. Not wanting to wait and save for stuff that we wanted.
    When I was making $12 and my wife making $8, we were betting around $1000 a week. And that $1000 was and still is pretty in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. We had plenty of disposable income. We just had no plan, no budget, and no control.

    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Save it for Opra HOG. You're income is a great example of how someone with the upper end of the equation has lost touch with reality. A great example of hypocricy. You are a perfect fit with todays corporate agenda. They love you HOG. You bought their BS hook, line, and sinker. I say call it what it is. Union busting.
    Opra Hog? You're the one decided to make my personal life an issue.

    I never did I say no company should be unionized and have higher than average wages. Just making the point that the lower wages in Visalia might go just as far as the union wages did in the Bay area.
    If that local in Visalia can organize this company, than that's great. More power to them. I just don't the these type of moves by companies as personal that some here do.

    I haven't loss touch with reality, I'v been on both ends. And I'm for someone making as much money as humanly possible. And I constantly tell others the pros and cons of being in a union job. But listening to Dave Ramsey I've heard people call in, talk about becoming debt free, and say that has enabled them to quit their current job, and take a job that pays less, but makes them happier. And they can afford to do that because they got debt free and now have a plan.

  3. #13
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,694
    Rep Power
    743

    Default Re: Tax Credits for New Jobs, but Really for Union Busting?

    This is not trying to get personal so lets call it a hypothetical question. If you and your bride were starting out in todays job market, not knowing what you know now, do you think that you would prosper as much as you have?

  4. #14
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Local Union
    104
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    USA BABY!!!
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Tax Credits for New Jobs, but Really for Union Busting?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    This is not trying to get personal so lets call it a hypothetical question. If you and your bride were starting out in todays job market, not knowing what you know now, do you think that you would prosper as much as you have?
    Maybe, maybe not. It would be harder, I'll give you that.

  5. #15
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,333
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Tax Credits for New Jobs, but Really for Union Busting?

    It is just more of what Corporate America does best..Screw the little guy as we can get more done for less ..Same thing as when they take jobs and move them from one state to another or even a different country..It is called outsourcing..We have a company up here that is actually one of the largest printers in the world about to do the same thing...RR Donnelly closing it's Danbury CT plant ,a plant that they only bought a few years back and now there are guys there with 25 years or more just being let go...Most of the work is being moved to TN from what I was told at the plant..So lets see Danbury 22 an hour TN 8 to 9 an hour..and their excuse the plant was outdated..Corporate America at it's best...

  6. #16
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Local Union
    104
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    USA BABY!!!
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Tax Credits for New Jobs, but Really for Union Busting?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    It is just more of what Corporate America does best..Screw the little guy as we can get more done for less ..Same thing as when they take jobs and move them from one state to another or even a different country..It is called outsourcing..We have a company up here that is actually one of the largest printers in the world about to do the same thing...RR Donnelly closing it's Danbury CT plant ,a plant that they only bought a few years back and now there are guys there with 25 years or more just being let go...Most of the work is being moved to TN from what I was told at the plant..So lets see Danbury 22 an hour TN 8 to 9 an hour..and their excuse the plant was outdated..Corporate America at it's best...

    What do you want to do? Pass legislation forbidding these companies from moving from on state to another? Wasn't tried with Boeing?

    That printer company will get only $8 an hour quality of work then. You get what you pay IMO.

    Many of the companies that did outsource to another country are starting to bring back those jobs. They found quality and productivity suffered.

  7. #17
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    26,764
    Rep Power
    1139

    Default Re: Tax Credits for New Jobs, but Really for Union Busting?

    A Union man would call it for what it was. Failure by the company to bargain in good faith with the employees of the Brisbane warehouse.

  8. #18
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    26,764
    Rep Power
    1139

    Default Re: Tax Credits for New Jobs, but Really for Union Busting?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    Many of the companies that did outsource to another country are starting to bring back those jobs. They found quality and productivity suffered.
    They found something we had already told them would happen. Their country suffered.

  9. #19
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Local Union
    104
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    USA BABY!!!
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    They found something we had already told them would happen. Their country suffered.
    Not completely. America also benefited from the lower prices.

    It's not a zero sum game.

    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    A Union man would call it for what it was. Failure by the company to bargain in good faith with the employees of the Brisbane warehouse.
    And they still can. In Visalia.
    Last edited by ABFHOG; 06-12-2012 at 08:48 AM.

  10. #20
    It's 5 PM somewhere!

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Local Union
    908
    Employer
    Retired
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    11,205
    Rep Power
    821

    Default Re: Tax Credits for New Jobs, but Really for Union Busting?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    .....

    I haven't loss touch with reality, I'v been on both ends. And I'm for someone making as much money as humanly possible.

    And I constantly tell others the pros and cons of being in a union job.

    .....


    We've heard your con job , how about some "pros".

    x475 <member>

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338