Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Under fire on many fronts, labor fights for relevance

The unions do have a bad image right now and that is the biggest part of the problems unions are facing IMO. The far right has managed to destroy the image of unions even as union members are making concessions all over the country to save companies and keep them in business. The union leaders need to start speaking out in a big way about what the union members have done to help this economy!!

And many Americans who do not belong to a union have come to view them not as champions of workers' rights, but as selfish special interests guarding their perks and privileges.

Yet, in many ways, unions are more energized than ever. The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees says it will spend $100 million in the fall elections, and union activists are mobilizing around the country to rock the vote for President Barack Obama.
    "There's clearly been a demise and weakening of unions over the past two or three decades, and that's clearly led to a weakening of the middle class," UAW President Bob King told The Detroit News. "We're all on a downward slide."

King says all Americans do better when unions are strong. He says all workers can thank unions for higher wages, more vacation time and greater benefits.

Under fire on many fronts, labor fights for relevance | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

Banned

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Default Re: Under fire on many fronts, labor fights for relevance

The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees says it will spend $100 million in the fall elections, and union activists are mobilizing around the country to rock the vote for President Barack Obama.
    This is thee problem facing the country today. The bond between public unions and the democrats

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    This is thee problem facing the country today. The bond between public unions and the democrats

So Bean Do you think that we [union members both active and retired] will do better with a Republican??After listening to some of that convention crap last week I know one thing and that is that Ryan is about as anti union as they come..Like he is a puppet for the Koch brothers and where is he from??? The republicans are out to destroy the working class and the unions..If there were no unions left Corporate America would make even greater profits at the cost of the American workers..For us it will be a race to the bottom..Trust me I do not like Obama but with Romney I do believe we will do a whole lot worse..What we need today is a third party,one that represents the working class..

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post

No bean, I think the main problem in this country is there are too many brainwashed right wing Union men that continue to perpetuate the lie that public Unions have caused these budget shortfalls in this country. As this lie is spread throughout the country by good Union men like yourself, people begin to believe this load of BS because it is coming straight from a Union man's mouth. The same mouth that wouldn't be so bold standing in front of a Public Sector Union employee.