Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Union Health Plans Will Suffer under Obamacare

I do not claim to understand all of this. I am just putting it out there for all of you.
    In a health care market that thrives on exclusion, multiemployer funds cover members and families not just while they are working intermittently but through periods of unemployment and even during retirement. They provide the same coverage for everyone, regardless of age, family status, or health status.

This means that to the employer, they cost more, per member, than traditional single-employer plans. The increased cost puts member employers, 90 percent of them small, at a competitive disadvantage.
    As health care costs have become unsustainable, so has the funds’ generosity—and their ability to subsidize periods of low employment. Unions hoped that the ACA, with its requirement that more employers provide health insurance, would level the playing field by bringing more small employers into the system.

Instead the ACA appears to disadvantage multiemployer funds by permitting competitor employers access to the new health care exchanges while denying the funds the same access. The result is that employers will have every incentive to get out of the funds when union contracts expire.
    Union Health Plans Will Suffer under Obamacare | Labor Notes

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Default Re: Union Health Plans Will Suffer under Obamacare

Oh!! I thought Obama-Care was going to be a low cost success story and people could keep the plan they have. I thought Obama-Care was going to be unlike the other government entitlements like Medicare, Medicaid, SS, the Post Office that are costing taxpayers billions in over runs. But instead Obama is the biggest job killer out there. Small businesses that have not already reduced their employee count to under 50 to avoid the mandate will pay the $2000 fine rather then pay the $10,000+ cost for an employee family plan

Super Moderator

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Oh!! I thought Obama-Care was going to be a low cost success story and people could keep the plan they have. I thought Obama-Care was going to be unlike the other government entitlements like Medicare, Medicaid, SS, the Post Office that are costing taxpayers billions in over runs. But instead Obama is the biggest job killer out there. Small businesses that have not already reduced their employee count to under 50 to avoid the mandate will pay the $2000 fine rather then pay the $10,000+ cost for an employee family plan

Can you provide a link to your post ..

Thanks
    CRAZY

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Yes ... republicans again will spend more wasted time in an attempt to repeal the AHC ... instead of actually doing anything constructive.

After all, Republicans have unsuccessfully tried to repeal Obamacare more than 30 times.

Get over it bean ... it's the law and attempts to divert attention away from the real issues that the republicans refuse to address won't help the right wing cause.

And a poll conducted by the Kaiser Family Foundation just after the November presidential election found that just 33% of those polled support repealing Obamacare.

Even House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, acknowledged after the election that the GOP mission to repeal the law would change.

"I think the election changes that. It's pretty clear that the president was re-elected, Obamacare is the law of the land," Boehner said last year in an interview with ABC News.
    Ryan takes on Obamacare ... again - CNN.com

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Can you provide a link to your post ..

Thanks
    CRAZY
    I'm not sure what link you want. I didn't post any quote from an outside source..just some thing I read in the paper awhile ago about Obama-Care costing $10,000

Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Cost $20,000 per Family by 2016, IRS Says

http://www.allrightmagazine.com/heal...-it-hurt-3309/

Obamacare to cost $2.6 trillion over first full decade | The Daily Caller

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I just read this article that also states the average cost of family healthcare will exceed 20K .... NOW !
    So what is the difference if the cost is the same under the ACA ?
    Nothing I suspect, other then allowing some people to complain that everyone will have healthcare.

The cost to cover the typical family of four under an employer plan is expected to top $20,000 on health care this year, up more than 7% from last year, according to early projections by independent actuarial and health care consulting firm Milliman Inc. In 2002, the cost was just $9,235, the firm said.

The projected increase marks the fifth year in a row that health care costs will rise between 7% and 8% annually.
    Health care costs to exceed $20,000 per family in 2012 - Mar. 29, 2012