Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    37,110
    Rep Power
    853

    Default Labor unions will rebound

    I do agree. It may take some time but people are going to get fed up sooner or later.

    A Sept. 3 article (“Number of union members down in state”) states some opinions regarding the reasons why union membership continues to decline. Some attribute the fall in numbers to some original union issues like the eight-hour workday, 40-hour workweek and overtime pay having become the norm for all workers. I say unions have accomplished much more through the years than just a 40-hour workweek.
    It is not bad to have due process at the workplace. It is not wrong to want a piece of the pie when you work very hard to make others very wealthy.

    Labor unions will rebound because if they do not, all workers are ill-fated. A strong middle class is dependent upon working class people who are unified.
    Labor unions will rebound | TheGazette

  2. #2
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Local Union
    952
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Labor unions will rebound

    Not soon enough IMO, I'm mainly referring to freight teamsters, where's the criticism of BO in all this, 5 years at the helm and what have we got but more misery!

  3. #3
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    12,318
    Rep Power
    299

    Default Re: Labor unions will rebound

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass View Post
    Not soon enough IMO, I'm mainly referring to freight teamsters, where's the criticism of BO in all this, 5 years at the helm and what have we got but more misery!
    Why not ask the average freight driver why they won't join the union ?
    Usually, it's an wide range of answers, mostly from information derived from sources within their own company.
    Other sources are drivers complaints and viewpoints.
    The corporations have the largest stake in this and they are the ones pushing the propaganda issues the most.
    Then you have disgruntled people that felt the unions should do more, fight more for them, force companies to pay more, etc, etc.
    Then finally ( IMO ) you have people like bean, only out for themselves.
    They don't really project an image of what union solidarity should be like.

  4. #4
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Local Union
    952
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Labor unions will rebound

    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Why not ask the average freight driver why they won't join the union ?
    Usually, it's an wide range of answers, mostly from information derived from sources within their own company.
    Other sources are drivers complaints and viewpoints.
    The corporations have the largest stake in this and they are the ones pushing the propaganda issues the most.
    Then you have disgruntled people that felt the unions should do more, fight more for them, force companies to pay more, etc, etc.
    Then finally ( IMO ) you have people like bean, only out for themselves.
    They don't really project an image of what union solidarity should be like.
    Would be hard to find a person who wasn't disgruntled about the job or the union at my terminal.

  5. #5
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    12,318
    Rep Power
    299

    Default Re: Labor unions will rebound

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass View Post
    Would be hard to find a person who wasn't disgruntled about the job or the union at my terminal.
    Not a good image then ... is it ?
    Why would others want to join when the corporations tell them to just look at us.
    Distention, fighting, complaints and corruption.
    Not much of a reason for those that can't see past the smoke, lies and propaganda.

  6. #6
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Local Union
    952
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Labor unions will rebound

    We're all convinced the co. is purposefully running itself into the ground, they're doing everything to make our jobs harder, take longer, be less productive. LA & Orange occupying the same 95 door terminal, cramped to the gills, no room to move, I spend 2 hours on the dock everyday before hitting the street, my run covers 5 large city's and they want me to make stops outside my run everyday, Impossible!!! I always have returns, failed TC's, missed pick-ups.

 

 

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 09-11-2013, 09:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329