Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 222lifer

Thread: Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

  1. #1
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    37,158
    Rep Power
    853

    Default Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

    The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit has refused a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) bid to retry a May case in which the court said employers couldn’t be required to display a pro-union poster.

    The Sept. 4 ruling likely puts to rest NLRB legal efforts to revive its controversial “Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act” poster. The poster explicitly stated that the National Labor Relations Act guarantees workers the right to form or join a union.
    Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

  2. #2
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Local Union
    443
    Employer
    Roadway
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,861
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

    Not only numerous rulings overturned but Obama’s NLRB's recess appointments overturned as well..his typical Chicago style politics

  3. #3
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    37,158
    Rep Power
    853

    Default Re: Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Not only numerous rulings overturned but Obama’s NLRB's recess appointments overturned as well..his typical Chicago style politics

    You sound like your celebrating the fact! You have got yours so heck with anyone else that might find the need to form a union. It's getting tougher and tougher.

  4. #4
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Local Union
    443
    Employer
    Roadway
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,861
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    You sound like your celebrating the fact! You have got yours so heck with anyone else that might find the need to form a union. It's getting tougher and tougher.
    The National Labor Relations Act guarantees workers the right to form or join a union. No one is disputing that. The court said employers couldn’t be required to display a pro-union poster. So I'm celebrating the fact and to heck with anyone else that might find the need to form a union. Really? Now would that apply to everyone who agrees with the court?

    Do you really believe employers should be required to display pro-union posters. You cannot be serious. They only do that in Chicago not in the real world. What the NLRB did is called overreaching their authority. They are supposed to be independent, protect workers rights. Get a grip!

  5. #5
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    NPME/YRC
    Posts
    13,693
    Rep Power
    899

    Default Re: Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    The National Labor Relations Act guarantees workers the right to form or join a union. No one is disputing that. The court said employers couldn’t be required to display a pro-union poster. So I'm celebrating the fact and to heck with anyone else that might find the need to form a union. Really? Now would that apply to everyone who agrees with the court?

    Do you really believe employers should be required to display pro-union posters. You cannot be serious. They only do that in Chicago not in the real world. What the NLRB did is called overreaching their authority. They are supposed to be independent, protect workers rights. Get a grip!
    But i geuss they expect us to work next to scabbos on union docks with their right-to-work BS.
    Whats the purpose of voting a union in, if the scabbos get their way win or lose?

    Nobody's overstepping their bounds there, are they bean........... a country that is just a tad bit discriminitory against employees.......just a tad bit sick.....with
    a disease thats killing it. The antiunion disease is why we have so much social programs..........Business owners who think they are "entitled" to employees with no union voice.

  6. #6
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    25,043
    Rep Power
    1120

    Default Re: Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    The National Labor Relations Act guarantees workers the right to form or join a union. No one is disputing that. The court said employers couldn’t be required to display a pro-union poster. So I'm celebrating the fact and to heck with anyone else that might find the need to form a union. Really? Now would that apply to everyone who agrees with the court?

    Do you really believe employers should be required to display pro-union posters. You cannot be serious. They only do that in Chicago not in the real world. What the NLRB did is called overreaching their authority. They are supposed to be independent, protect workers rights. Get a grip!
    That was also a provision in the EFCA. Not a thing wrong with it. They can post all the anti-union crap they want. So why not?
    Last edited by 222lifer; 09-24-2013 at 11:06 PM.

  7. #7
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    NPME/YRC
    Posts
    13,693
    Rep Power
    899

    Default Re: Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Not only numerous rulings overturned but Obama’s NLRB's recess appointments overturned as well..his typical Chicago style politics
    And he's killing all the eagles with his wind turbines too.


    You love the guy admit it bean.
    Obama and bean: a marriage made in heaven.LOL.

  8. #8
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    25,043
    Rep Power
    1120

    Default Re: Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    But i geuss they expect us to work next to scabbos on union docks with their right-to-work BS.
    Whats the purpose of voting a union in, if the scabbos get their way win or lose?

    Nobody's overstepping their bounds there, are they bean........... a country that is just a tad bit discriminitory against employees.......just a tad bit sick.....with
    a disease thats killing it. The antiunion disease is why we have so much social programs..........Business owners who think they are "entitled" to employees with no union voice.
    Well he gets a little pissy when Obama pulls the trigger on things....then gets pissy when Obama doesn't pull the trigger on things.

  9. #9
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    25,043
    Rep Power
    1120

    Default Re: Court drives nail in coffin of pro-union poster requirement

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Not only numerous rulings overturned but Obama’s NLRB's recess appointments overturned as well..his typical Chicago style politics
    Politifake.org......Isn't that where you get all your right wing BS beanie?
    fxstc07 likes this.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329