Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Local Union
    952
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    154

    Default Union Meet'n Today

    Patrick Kelly when we all screamed "NO Pension NO Extension"

  2. #2
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,334
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Union Meet'n Today

    Are you gonna enlighten us on what they told you??

  3. #3
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Local Union
    952
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    154

    Default Re: Union Meet'n Today

    He didn't know anymore than what we know now.

  4. #4
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,334
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Union Meet'n Today

    Maybe this is where they are getting any info...

  5. #5
    Resistance is futile.

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    391
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,313
    Rep Power
    903

    Default Re: Union Meet'n Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass View Post
    He didn't know anymore than what we know now.
    Hell I heard that all our meeting was going to be was telling us how bad the company is. Nothing about what we might vote for. But I am still going so I hear it from the horses mouth.

  6. #6
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Local Union
    952
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    154

    Default Re: Union Meet'n Today

    They handed out some propaganda about how bad the co. was doing, one diagram shows a truck representing the co. coming to a crossroads, one road leads to prosperity one to BK, I ripped mine up and threw it in the trash, one guy got up and screamed when the ba was yammering about how the co. was doing, " STFU and get to the point why we are here" everybody started busting up. We made sure he understood by the end of the meeting though, "No Pension No Extension".

  7. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Local Union
    Retired
    Employer
    Retired
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Power
    80

    Angry Re: Union Meet'n Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass View Post
    They handed out some propaganda about how bad the co. was doing, one diagram shows a truck representing the co. coming to a crossroads, one road leads to prosperity one to BK, I ripped mine up and threw it in the trash, one guy got up and screamed when the ba was yammering about how the co. was doing, " STFU and get to the point why we are here" everybody started busting up. We made sure he understood by the end of the meeting though, "No Pension No Extension".
    Not sure about the other Regional Company's but we have heard nothing,no meetings or info from our Local,talk about feeling like the Ugly Red(away) stepchild,know most of us are hoping and praying someone else will adopt us,but we will never be sold off as long as our 20+million Quarterly profits help prop up Welchers mis management tactics.

  8. #8
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Local Union
    952
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    154

    Default Re: Union Meet'n Today

    Quote Originally Posted by capmac48 View Post
    Not sure about the other Regional Company's but we have heard nothing,no meetings or info from our Local,talk about feeling like the Ugly Red(away) stepchild,know most of us are hoping and praying someone else will adopt us,but we will never be sold off as long as our 20+million Quarterly profits help prop up Welchers mis management tactics.
    We asked the ba stooge what role Reddaway would have in all this and he evaded the question as far as I can remember.

    Welcher made it clear in his letter that it was the previous management's team that made all the mistakes and that in his infinite wisdom he will right this ship, LOL!!! Some of the info we got from what was handed out was the co. is crying about not being able to buy new equipment until we agree to their demands??? What about our demands? Where's our pension, where's our 15%, where's our weeks vacation that was stolen!? This POS co. wont even give the .05 min back to our breaks, pffft!!!

    Over on the scab-board they're talking about how the contract is going to be opened up for re-negotiation, our ba emphatically said "no", they want an extension to the existing contract with a few extra profit insuring measures mixed in, we don't exactly know and neither did our ba, his big thing was "we should listen to what they have to say", every time he would say that he'd get a cacophony of FU's.

  9. #9
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,334
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Union Meet'n Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass View Post
    We asked the ba stooge what role Reddaway would have in all this and he evaded the question as far as I can remember.

    Welcher made it clear in his letter that it was the previous management's team that made all the mistakes and that in his infinite wisdom he will right this ship, LOL!!! Some of the info we got from what was handed out was the co. is crying about not being able to buy new equipment until we agree to their demands??? What about our demands? Where's our pension, where's our 15%, where's our weeks vacation that was stolen!? This POS co. wont even give the .05 min back to our breaks, pffft!!!

    Over on the scab-board they're talking about how the contract is going to be opened up for re-negotiation, our ba emphatically said "no", they want an extension to the existing contract with a few extra profit insuring measures mixed in, we don't exactly know and neither did our ba, his big thing was "we should listen to what they have to say", every time he would say that he'd get a cacophony of FU's.

    Personally IMO YRC will get's it's way and renegotiate a new five year deal It will be endorsed by the IBT in the name of saving jobs...Only thing now everyone will have to show up for work.. BUMMER

  10. #10
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Local Union
    952
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    154

    Default Re: Union Meet'n Today

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Personally IMO YRC will get's it's way and renegotiate a new five year deal It will be endorsed by the IBT in the name of saving jobs...Only thing now everyone will have to show up for work.. BUMMER
    At our terminal it's show up or get a WL already, don't know how they can make it worse other than suspension for not coming in, I know I'm getting one tomorrow maybe 2 or maybe a suspension (one can only hope) for taking a day off to take care of the TSA bs, I also might be getting one for not giving an unruly customer white glove service when they only paid for standard freight. Taking the 6th off too (UE) to renew my CDL, most likely this will put me over the top and get me suspended for sure.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 11-10-2013, 10:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101