I know these people are not Teamsters but they are union and they are holding their ground and I am proud of them! I had a friend who used to be a helicopter paramedic here. You never hear in the news what is going on here in New Mexico.

Beginning with three rousing cheers of “ĄSi, se puede!” hospital workers and union supporters gathered in a rally Thursday evening where the word “strike” became increasingly common.

“Let me be clear – we do not want to strike. But let me be equally clear that we will not allow the current conditions of staffing to be the future for our patients and our nurses, tech and support staff and the community,” said Fonda Osborn, president of District 1199 NM of the National Union of Hospital and Health Care Employees.

The room at the Center for Progress and Justice was filled with 130 or so people who were told that the union brought a new proposal to the negotiating table Thursday morning, but that the team representing Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center said it had to study it for the rest of the day.
Union holding strong to demands | Albuquerque Journal News