Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Why unions get a bad name..

As I was having morning coffee I heard this story.. The teachers union in San Francisco put forward a "lesson plan" for their member teachers .. Anti Trump being taught .. This is the BS that goes on in the middle East where hatred is taught.. When sh*t like this happen here it is not only a black eye on that school district but on teacher union's all over the country. And then the word "union" comes into the fold.. But where this pisses me off is that the views of a few are being taught.. What kind of a country do we have now?
    I will post a link when I get to the computer.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Why unions get a bad name..

Homeschooling. That's what I did. I didn't like the crap being taught and the things that were not taught. When my two oldest were youngsters I was very young and not very political at all. Not the third time around. Taught the youngest about unions, about what happened to the native Americans, slavery. I didn't learn any of that in school except that we touched on slavery.

I should mention there is no teachers union in our school district. The district or maybe the state decided kids needed to learn about homosexuality at five years old. I wasn't teaching my kids about sex at all at five years old. But then if everyone homeschooled you would have parents teaching their kids hate anyway and they do even if they go to school. The problem here is schools are funded by taxpayer money and hate should not be taught in school.
    Last edited by ABFwife; 11-18-2016 at 08:11 AM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    As I was having morning coffee I heard this story.. The teachers union in San Francisco put forward a "lesson plan" for their member teachers .. Anti Trump being taught .. This is the BS that goes on in the middle East where hatred is taught.. When sh*t like this happen here it is not only a black eye on that school district but on teacher union's all over the country. And then the word "union" comes into the fold.. But where this pisses me off is that the views of a few are being taught.. What kind of a country do we have now?
    I will post a link when I get to the computer.
    Here is one link.

San Francisco teachers union offers Trump lesson plan

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco's public schools have been offered a classroom lesson plan that calls President-elect Donald Trump a racist, sexist man who became president "by pandering to a huge racist and sexist base."

The union that represents city teachers posted the plan on its website and distributed it via an email newsletter to its more than 6,000 members. The school district has more than 57,000 students.
    It is unclear how many teachers have used the plan outlined by a Mission High School teacher, but it appears to have the tacit support of city education officials.
    School district spokeswoman Gentle Blythe said the plan is optional and not part of the official curriculum.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Well, at least it is high school kids and not young children and at least it is optional.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Well, at least it is high school kids and not young children and at least it is optional.
    It's not the young kids of today that are walking out of school and protesting it is the high school kids and now this group of teachers are encouraging it .. Again it is the HATRED that I am talking about.. What comes across the news outlets is not that it is optional by a few but more that it is the unions that are pushing an agenda.. Again it is all unions that get a black eye from this..

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

It's not the young kids of today that are walking out of school and protesting it is the high school kids and now this group of teachers are encouraging it .. Again it is the HATRED that I am talking about.. What comes across the news outlets is not that it is optional by a few but more that it is the unions that are pushing an agenda.. Again it is all unions that get a black eye from this..

Similar to the hatred Trump spewed during his campaign.

7. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Similar to the hatred Trump spewed during his campaign.
    What hate??? That is what the liberal media wanted you to believe.. So again ,what hate??

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

What hate??? That is what the liberal media wanted you to believe.. So again ,what hate??

Yep Crazy. Saw it for myself in his speeches and debates. I don't watch any liberal media. I watch netlix and the weather report. And as far as what I post here, well, that is for the site. I still form my own opinions based on what I saw come out of Trumps mouth.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Yep Crazy. Saw it for myself in his speeches and debates. I don't watch any liberal media. I watch netlix and the weather report. And as far as what I post here, well, that is for the site. I still form my own opinions based on what I saw come out of Trumps mouth.
    I never saw "hate" from trump .. unless if course you consider building the wall as hate, stopping immigration of Muslims from war torn countries that have people that hate us as "hate .. I do believe though that what is coming out of that teachers union is pure hate.. Maybe we have different definitions of the word "hate"..

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I never saw "hate" from trump .. unless if course you consider building the wall as hate, stopping immigration of Muslims from war torn countries that have people that hate us as "hate .. I do believe though that what is coming out of that teachers union is pure hate.. Maybe we have different definitions of the word "hate"..

Yes we probably do but I know that hate only spreads more hate and kindness spreads more kindness. Intolerance, hate, whatever you want to call it. I actually left my Catholic faith over what I considered intolerance towards certain people and situations although they do much to help the needy and people coming to this country as immigrants. That was not enough IMO. Too many were still singled out and I feel Trumps ideas single out a lot of people. I am not saying what this union is doing is right but again, hate spreads hate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast