Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Everyone Can Profit by Embracing Unions

Last week in this space we stressed the importance of workers organizing for power in the workplace, explaining how unionizing leads to higher wages and better benefits for workers. Now, as the U.S. job market continues to grow, others see how businesses could be helped by unions as well.

A Bloomberg column published this week explains that as the labor market tightens, companies will need to guarantee they have a well-trained and dependable workforce. And the obvious way to do so will be to welcome unions into their workplaces. Sure, it will cost them more in wages and benefits than they pay currently, but there will be upside for the companies as well.

“Labor unions have economic utility by serving the needs of both the employers and workers,” the piece stated. “For workers, they’re to ensure higher pay, benefits and employment predictability. And for employers, they’re to ensure an adequate supply of labor and cost certainty.”

Too many companies have been pocketing huge profits made off the back of their workers while offering little to them in return. One Fed official last year said that if businesses want to fill jobs, they have to offer higher wages. But it is time for corporate America to follow through.
    https://teamster.org/blog/2018/02/ev...bracing-unions

2. Likes 222lifer, fxstc07, Sayheykid Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Default Re: Everyone Can Profit by Embracing Unions

I don't have to read the article, I, as everyone else on this web site know that........well most of us.

4. Likes ABFwife, fxstc07 Liked this post