Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Resistance is futile.

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    391
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,336
    Rep Power
    853

    Default Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

    Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

    https://www.voicesforpensionsecurity.com/take-action

  2. #2
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    21,994
    Rep Power
    303

    Default Re: Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

    Although I think it is a great idea,but when something like the pension bill is added then more and more politicians will be adding stuff off their wishlist. These bills should be stand alone bills. It was just a few days ago when Pelosi tried to get abortions added to the first covid19 bill. You can't pick and choose.

  3. #3
    Resistance is futile.

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    391
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,336
    Rep Power
    853

    Default Re: Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Although I think it is a great idea,but when something like the pension bill is added then more and more politicians will be adding stuff off their wishlist. These bills should be stand alone bills. It was just a few days ago when Pelosi tried to get abortions added to the first covid19 bill. You can't pick and choose.
    To be honest I donít care what they could add. I just want my pension back like so many. Iím 55 with 32 years and in central states. I wonít retire,
    It will be broke or Iíll die trying to retire


    Sent from the Jupiter 2 at Alpasentory!

  4. #4
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Local Union
    375
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired
    Location
    NEAR BUFFALO
    Posts
    1,069
    Rep Power
    119

    Default Re: Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

    29% a few years ago was our cut,I am hoping that they dont take anymore.

  5. #5
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,374
    Rep Power
    757

    Default Re: Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

    Do my right leaning brothers actually think McConnell is going to listen and cave? How long has the House Butch Lewis bill been stalled on his desk? His coal miner constitutes got their pension bailout. Republicans....................

  6. #6
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    21,994
    Rep Power
    303

    Default Re: Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Do my right leaning brothers actually think McConnell is going to listen and cave? How long has the House Butch Lewis bill been stalled on his desk? His coal miner constitutes got their pension bailout. Republicans....................
    I agree with you 100%.. I have sent emails to both my senators more than a few times.. I usually get back the generic response.. Although I don't totally agree with adding crap to bills I did send them this morning when clicking on the link provided.. I do remember that the bill that allowed my pension to be cut {about 35 to 40% } was something that was added in the last minutes of a bill to be voted on.. It does work both ways..

  7. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,374
    Rep Power
    757

    Default Re: Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I agree with you 100%.. I have sent emails to both my senators more than a few times.. I usually get back the generic response.. Although I don't totally agree with adding crap to bills I did send them this morning when clicking on the link provided.. I do remember that the bill that allowed my pension to be cut {about 35 to 40% } was something that was added in the last minutes of a bill to be voted on.. It does work both ways..
    Ahh the Kline-Miller backroom deal. I didn't realize that affected 641's pension cuts. Did you guys actually vote on it? My Red Star buddies who retired from 641 YRCW can't explain how it was done? They have gone back to work for Shoprite as casuals.

  8. #8
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    New Penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    21,994
    Rep Power
    303

    Default Re: Tell Congress and the White House: Include Your Pensions in COVID-19 Response!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Ahh the Kline-Miller backroom deal. I didn't realize that affected 641's pension cuts. Did you guys actually vote on it? My Red Star buddies who retired from 641 YRCW can't explain how it was done? They have gone back to work for Shoprite as casuals.
    Never voted on anything.. Letter came a few weeks before Christmas..

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96