Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Moving the Nations Freight

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    251
    Location
    In Front of My Computer
    Posts
    1,014
    Rep Power
    199

    Default When You will See the 10% Come Out of Your Pay

    If the proposed changes are voted in they will go into effect for all monies paid(not earned) on 1/1/09 and after.

    What this means is that any wages earned in the week of 12/21-12/27 will be subject to the 10% reduction. This will include vacations taken during Christmas week that are paid the following week AND your holiday pay for Christmas week

    Now I understand that some companies make pay available the Wednesday before when Thursday is a Holiday but as far as I know they do not have to and have till Friday to pay you.

    I get the feeling that paychecks earned Christmas week will not be paid on New Years eve (12/31) but will instead be paid on 1/2/09 so that the 10% reduction can be taken out.

    Merry Christmas from YRC.

  2. #2
    Fish Hard Die Happy

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Local Union
    707
    Employer
    Roadway
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,557
    Rep Power
    265

    Default Re: When You will See the 10% Come Out of Your Pay

    I believe this was reworded so as not to get the Christmas holiday at reduced wages. Same for New Year's eve, but not New Year's day.

  3. #3
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Local Union
    41
    Employer
    yellow
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    218
    Rep Power
    127

    Default Re: When You will See the 10% Come Out of Your Pay

    Sounds like A great deal ! Where do I sign up ! Oh I threw my away , **** happens !
    Last edited by HBF; 12-18-2008 at 04:47 AM. Reason: DO NOT circumvent the word filters

  4. #4
    I call it like I see it!

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    592
    Employer
    UPS Freight
    Location
    Midlothian,Va
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    127

    Default Re: When You will See the 10% Come Out of Your Pay

    Quote Originally Posted by Freight Teamster View Post
    If the proposed changes are voted in they will go into effect for all monies paid(not earned) on 1/1/09 and after.

    What this means is that any wages earned in the week of 12/21-12/27 will be subject to the 10% reduction. This will include vacations taken during Christmas week that are paid the following week AND your holiday pay for Christmas week

    Now I understand that some companies make pay available the Wednesday before when Thursday is a Holiday but as far as I know they do not have to and have till Friday to pay you.

    I get the feeling that paychecks earned Christmas week will not be paid on New Years eve (12/31) but will instead be paid on 1/2/09 so that the 10% reduction can be taken out.

    Merry Christmas from YRC.

    This is incorrect...there was a letter posted at our terminal this week stating that the wage reduction will not start until the 1st of Jan. '09 and any money earned before that date will be subject to NO wage reduction!

    Mark

  5. #5
    Moving the Nations Freight

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    251
    Location
    In Front of My Computer
    Posts
    1,014
    Rep Power
    199

    Default Re: When You will See the 10% Come Out of Your Pay

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkYRC View Post
    This is incorrect...there was a letter posted at our terminal this week stating that the wage reduction will not start until the 1st of Jan. '09 and any money earned before that date will be subject to NO wage reduction!

    Mark
    I've been given conflicting information Mark. I guess we'll just to wait and see. I hope I'm wrong.

  6. #6
    I call it like I see it!

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    592
    Employer
    UPS Freight
    Location
    Midlothian,Va
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    127

    Default Re: When You will See the 10% Come Out of Your Pay

    Quote Originally Posted by Freight Teamster View Post
    I've been given conflicting information Mark. I guess we'll just to wait and see. I hope I'm wrong.

    I'm with you Freight Teamster...I hope your wrong too!

    Have a great holiday!

    Mark

  7. #7
    Resistance is futile.

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    391
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,371
    Rep Power
    882

    Default Re: When You will See the 10% Come Out of Your Pay

    Just curious, but what would two weeks matter?

  8. #8
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    600
    Employer
    YRC-Yellow
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    5,302
    Rep Power
    403

    Default Re: When You will See the 10% Come Out of Your Pay

    Local 600 in St. Louis put out a letter stating that if the vote passes no money would be deducted from any wages earned before January 1, 2009. YRC had mistakenly told it's payroll clerks that any checks received after Jan. 1, 2009 would have the deduction, if passed......they were wrong.

  9. #9
    Moving the Nations Freight

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    251
    Location
    In Front of My Computer
    Posts
    1,014
    Rep Power
    199

    Default Re: When You will See the 10% Come Out of Your Pay

    Quote Originally Posted by stldude44 View Post
    Local 600 in St. Louis put out a letter stating that if the vote passes no money would be deducted from any wages earned before January 1, 2009. YRC had mistakenly told it's payroll clerks that any checks received after Jan. 1, 2009 would have the deduction, if passed......they were wrong.
    Thanks for the clarification stldude. My information was a few weeks old and it's obviously been updated.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    18,530
    Rep Power
    813

    Default Re: When You will See the 10% Come Out of Your Pay

    Now how would that affect unused vacation time being that it was earned prior to any wage reductions???

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318