Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Resistance is futile.

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    391
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,371
    Rep Power
    882

    Default Yellow Roadway's Other Proposed Change

    December 30, 2008: Yellow Roadway management has given the union a second proposal, as part of its mega change of operations to blend Roadway and Yellow.

    This "Velocity Change" proposes to eliminate 83 percent of the 410 existing Utility Employee positions, cutting UE's to 70.

    The 19-page proposal, which would establish 16 Velocity Centers, was submitted to the IBT Freight Division on December 22

    Click hereto see the proposed Velocity Change.

    Click here for the proposed mega-change.

  2. #2
    Hurry! 10% Discount

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Local Union
    200
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    152

    Default Re: Yellow Roadway's Other Proposed Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Teamster View Post
    December 30, 2008: Yellow Roadway management has given the union a second proposal, as part of its mega change of operations to blend Roadway and Yellow.

    This "Velocity Change" proposes to eliminate 83 percent of the 410 existing Utility Employee positions, cutting UE's to 70.

    The 19-page proposal, which would establish 16 Velocity Centers, was submitted to the IBT Freight Division on December 22

    Click hereto see the proposed Velocity Change.

    Click here for the proposed mega-change.
    Could be that they are working their way toward every linehaul driver doing UE work at the companies whim rather than having designated UE drivers. That's what they've done at Holland.

  3. #3
    Resistance is futile.

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    391
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,371
    Rep Power
    882

    Default Re: Yellow Roadway's Other Proposed Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Hgwy Memorial View Post
    Could be that they are working their way toward every linehaul driver doing UE work at the companies whim rather than having designated UE drivers. That's what they've done at Holland.
    All union LTL companies would love to work a road driver just like there non-union counterpart.

  4. #4
    Hurry! 10% Discount

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Local Union
    200
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    152

    Default Re: Yellow Roadway's Other Proposed Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Teamster View Post
    All union LTL companies would love to work a road driver just like there non-union counterpart.
    True, but will YRC be able to make that happen, and how would you feel about it?

  5. #5
    Resistance is futile.

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    391
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,371
    Rep Power
    882

    Default Re: Yellow Roadway's Other Proposed Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Hgwy Memorial View Post
    True, but will YRC be able to make that happen, and how would you feel about it?
    Speaking from being a city driver for 20 years. It would not bother me to see road men working the dock. But there is the problem of work getting shifted around and we never like that.
    A bigger problem is one that no one has mentioned on the site. There is not much long haul freight anymore. Roadway and Yellow we almost 100% long haul. Since that is gone they have no choice but to shift to being a regional carrier. The relay system that has been in place for over 75 years can't run short haul freight and the company need more flexibility in short haul to be able to get into that market.

  6. #6
    Hurry! 10% Discount

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Local Union
    200
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    152

    Default Re: Yellow Roadway's Other Proposed Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Teamster View Post
    Speaking from being a city driver for 20 years. It would not bother me to see road men working the dock. But there is the problem of work getting shifted around and we never like that.
    With work getting shifted around, and linehaul drivers working the dock aren't you concered about increased layoffs for city guys? After all, you only need so many guys on the dock.

  7. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Employer
    Holland
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,449
    Rep Power
    363

    Default Re: Yellow Roadway's Other Proposed Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Hgwy Memorial View Post
    With work getting shifted around, and linehaul drivers working the dock aren't you concered about increased layoffs for city guys? After all, you only need so many guys on the dock.
    Layoffs are inevitable. Some of them coincide with business levels. Some of them don't. Regardless, this place isn't going to change management styles.

  8. #8
    It's 5 PM somewhere!

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Local Union
    908
    Employer
    Retired
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    10,787
    Rep Power
    803

    Default Re: Yellow Roadway's Other Proposed Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Hauler View Post
    ..... Regardless, this place isn't going to change management styles.
    And therein lies the crux of the problem!

  9. #9
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Local Union
    407
    Employer
    ABF
    Posts
    3,105
    Rep Power
    788

    Default Re: Yellow Roadway's Other Proposed Change

    So are people saying that the dock workers are the one's that should be the first to go? How about when road drivers come to your city and start doing all your city work because they are at a lower rate. What are you going to do when they fine tune this monster UE program? You all had better start thinking about the future and I mean now. If you sell each other out now it will be your turn in a very short time.

  10. #10
    Hurry! 10% Discount

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Local Union
    200
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    152

    Default Re: Yellow Roadway's Other Proposed Change

    Quote Originally Posted by MULER View Post
    So are people saying that the dock workers are the one's that should be the first to go? How about when road drivers come to your city and start doing all your city work because they are at a lower rate. What are you going to do when they fine tune this monster UE program? You all had better start thinking about the future and I mean now. If you sell each other out now it will be your turn in a very short time.
    Before anyone can stand together they need to recognize the scare tactics that YRC is using, deal with it and then start using their heads instead of their emotions. It's not to late to be Teamster strong.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318