Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Fighting on the dock

there was a fight thursday on the dock @124 and both men got there job back on friday.

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    New Pennitentiary

Default Re: Fighting on the dock

Quote Originally Posted by winkjr View Post
    there was a fight thursday on the dock @124 and both men got there job back on friday.
    They must be really hurting for workers..or else managment just doesn't even care anymore...as far as I know that's about a "union cannot even defend ya on that one" situation...at least until off of work for awhile and then maybe one gets the job back after hearings....I got my job at redstar from a situation just like that...both were fired....but then they went under..so who knows what would have happened.

Local Union
    east
    Employer
    maybe none

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    They must be really hurting for workers..or else managment just doesn't even care anymore...as far as I know that's about a "union cannot even defend ya on that one" situation...at least until off of work for awhile and then maybe one gets the job back after hearings....I got my job at redstar from a situation just like that...both were fired....but then they went under..so who knows what would have happened.
    That is about one of the worst things anyone can do under a union roof.
    By re-instating these people back to their jobs only establishes that the company tolerates a hostile work environment as well as opens the doors to lawsuits later down the road and a host of other issues.

The union is not above the laws and clearly in a situation like this where bodily harm takes place one is not bound to seek remedies from the union.

People need to think about how they interact with their fellow brothers.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    The Best Ticket in Town

Quote Originally Posted by Diggin View Post
    That is about one of the worst things anyone can do under a union roof.
    By re-instating these people back to their jobs only establishes that the company tolerates a hostile work environment as well as opens the doors to lawsuits later down the road and a host of other issues.

The union is not above the laws and clearly in a situation like this where bodily harm takes place one is not bound to seek remedies from the union.

People need to think about how they interact with their fellow brothers.
    I agree, and it's a cardinal infraction offense. What a can of worms that was opened.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Rdwy

I can only guess that no one actually witnessed anything, and won't admit it either.

Local Union
    Employer
    yrc

Was it a physical altercation or just hallway sex? You know, a couple of loud f. u.'s in passing?

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    The Big Y

Quote Originally Posted by taterhead View Post
    Was it a physical altercation or just hallway sex? You know, a couple of loud f. u.'s in passing?
    Purses at five yards,

Local Union

I go to 124 occasionaly and since the merger there is one guy that works the dock who is constantly telling everybody else what to do,that they should work harder, they should be grateful they got a job, stuff like that. It dose'nt matter what company he came from but man o man this guy is a company suck hole! To be honest with you i'm suprised this has'nt happened more across the country. The company has done nothing about the morale of the men.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by tena View Post
    I go to 124 occasionaly and since the merger there is one guy that works the dock who is constantly telling everybody else what to do,that they should work harder, they should be grateful they got a job, stuff like that. It dose'nt matter what company he came from but man o man this guy is a company suck hole! To be honest with you i'm suprised this has'nt happened more across the country. The company has done nothing about the morale of the men.
    They don't give a rat's arse about the morale. They just want to beat us down a little further....Create a divide between us....I think that is the one and only thing they are doing right (thier eyes not mine) since the integration....They sure as hell can't run a freight company.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

well apparently it started as words then it came to blows in 124. and it doesnt matter if there were witnesses or not isnt that what the cameras are for. and the witness who was standing right there when it all happened didnt get called to work friday or monday. i guess from the outcome of the situation fighting is acceptable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)