Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

  1. #1
    hangin on

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Local Union
    287
    Employer
    yrc
    Location
    Hayward , Ca.
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

    So what do they want to do about this ? I know that at our barn the moral is low, very low. To make a company a career and to watch the people at the top blow it time and time again. It is depressing to say the least. At our present terminal the company will only allow you to not be at work if you use a sick day.
    Well if you go to the dentist twice a year, the doctor once or more, the dmv once or if your wife needs to go to the doctor or you have to be home for the cable or a delivery, then your are not only out of days. You are up for termination and your weren't even sick yet. The company is so short handed because they have junk equipment, lower wages and now you have to kick in on your insurance. We kick in 160.00 a month out of our checks. I make less than I did when I started and now being the western conference I don't even have a peer any more. And they wonder what the problem is. What a bunch of dumbasses. They aren't even hiring at our barn. There is no ads, and no posting on their web page. They don't want to hire. They want us to give our freight to REDDAWAY . We say no and that we don't even want to open that can of worms . So the problem isn't absenteeism it is they are trying to get rid of us. And it is working. We are all old so people are retiring, everyone is looking for another job and as people find another job they leave. So our barn is shrinking fast and they are doing nothing but playing hard ball with us. So how do you think that is going over. And they say we need your help again. How about this. QUIT treating us like SHIT ! So look at the yrc website and see if they are looking for drivers in your terminal . It's funny how they always have these problems that they cause themselves. So they say there is an absente problem but what they really want is a way to terminate employees and either use cartage or reddaway ,they just think we are to stupid to see what they are up to.

  2. #2
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    128

    Default Re: Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ayrcguy View Post
    So what do they want to do about this ? I know that at our barn the moral is low, very low. To make a company a career and to watch the people at the top blow it time and time again. It is depressing to say the least. At our present terminal the company will only allow you to not be at work if you use a sick day.
    Well if you go to the dentist twice a year, the doctor once or more, the dmv once or if your wife needs to go to the doctor or you have to be home for the cable or a delivery, then your are not only out of days. You are up for termination and your weren't even sick yet. The company is so short handed because they have junk equipment, lower wages and now you have to kick in on your insurance. We kick in 160.00 a month out of our checks. I make less than I did when I started and now being the western conference I don't even have a peer any more. And they wonder what the problem is. What a bunch of dumbasses. They aren't even hiring at our barn. There is no ads, and no posting on their web page. They don't want to hire. They want us to give our freight to REDDAWAY . We say no and that we don't even want to open that can of worms . So the problem isn't absenteeism it is they are trying to get rid of us. And it is working. We are all old so people are retiring, everyone is looking for another job and as people find another job they leave. So our barn is shrinking fast and they are doing nothing but playing hard ball with us. So how do you think that is going over. And they say we need your help again. How about this. QUIT treating us like SHIT ! So look at the yrc website and see if they are looking for drivers in your terminal . It's funny how they always have these problems that they cause themselves. So they say there is an absente problem but what they really want is a way to terminate employees and either use cartage or reddaway ,they just think we are to stupid to see what they are up to.
    Since when do you have to pay for your insurance?
    crazy likes this.

  3. #3
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ROADY View Post
    Since when do you have to pay for your insurance?
    Thanks as I would have asked him the same thing...

  4. #4
    hangin on

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Local Union
    287
    Employer
    yrc
    Location
    Hayward , Ca.
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

    We have been paying into our health plan a few years now. We pay 40 bucks a week now but it is supposed to go up. We are also not in the pension! We have a 401k, So now we can all work till we are like 65, unless we die first .So we on the west coast with our high cost of living are pretty bummed out. If we lived in zollars city or those other boneheads that run the company. It might be easier to take.

  5. #5
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ayrcguy View Post
    We have been paying into our health plan a few years now. We pay 40 bucks a week now but it is supposed to go up. We are also not in the pension! We have a 401k, So now we can all work till we are like 65, unless we die first .So we on the west coast with our high cost of living are pretty bummed out. If we lived in zollars city or those other boneheads that run the company. It might be easier to take.
    I have never heard of this.. I know the western pension fund took you out of the pension but this is the first I am hearing about medical..

  6. #6
    hangin on

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Local Union
    287
    Employer
    yrc
    Location
    Hayward , Ca.
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

    Yep, it's a major bummer. So no one else has to pay ?

  7. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ayrcguy View Post
    Yep, it's a major bummer. So no one else has to pay ?
    Not that I know of... Of course we have higher deductibles now than we had a few years ago but I would blame that on rising healthcare costs..

  8. #8
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    28,237
    Rep Power
    1159

    Default Re: Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ayrcguy View Post
    Yep, it's a major bummer. So no one else has to pay ?
    Western Conference at 881. We do not pay for medical benefits.

  9. #9
    hangin on

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Local Union
    287
    Employer
    yrc
    Location
    Hayward , Ca.
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

    Figures. I gotta pay and am in the worst local in the country

  10. #10
    Team Trouble Outa KC

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Local Union
    41
    Employer
    YRC Inc.
    Location
    Overland Park KS
    Posts
    164
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Absentee problem or a problem firing you ?

    At least you get something for a pension. At central they take the companys money on my behalf then put it in thier account and give me nothing. No credit for pay no credit for time so its another year break in service. Yea us. And we just hired 8 new line and 4 dock at 326 kcm looking for more. ads and banners all over the yard and papers out here.
    Last edited by DarkstarsDad; 11-18-2013 at 02:48 AM.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349