Thread: YRC TEAM-- Teamsters Employees Agaonst Mismanagement

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC Freight

Default YRC TEAM-- Teamsters Employees Agaonst Mismanagement

TEAM LETTER 101
    Teamster Employees Against Mismanagement

This is truly a sad time for Teamsters working in the YRC system. It seems that management has decided that it is easier for them to attack the rank and file rather than make management changes, such as reduce claims, update antiquated procedures, and tap into the higher paid management employees to help fund the terrible decisions that THEY have made. Like any bully in life, the only way to stop them is to stand up and say NO, I WON'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE. This new modification that they WANT is just another negotiation and if they can't get everything they want the first time, they will come back with another offer, until they get something. WE KNEW when they came at us the first time for the 10% that they would keep coming back to us; it is easier to beat us up then to make real changes, to make them profitable. Like I said earlier, this is a sad time to be a Teamster at YRC, I hope everyone will vote NO and make management give up some of their benefits (pay, vacation, and bonus) to this situation rather than us; it is their turn to hurt a little, like we have for the past few years. We have had almost 40% of our Teamster brothers and sisters laid off or forced into other employment due to the last time we helped YRC, how many more will be removed if we help again? One last point, how much money, that they claim they donít have, has been spent to HELP & GUIDE YOU make the decision to change YOUR work rules, compensation and benefits, while leaving managementís pay and benefits intact?

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC Freight

Default YRC TEAM-- Teamsters Employees Against Mismanagement

TEAM LETTER 102
    In a recent interview the CEO of YRC, stated that he expected the union members to ratify the upcoming vote and he is confident that it will pass with a margin of 70% to 30%. He was convinced that even though the rank and file had not yet seen this latest proposal. To show this much confidence, before the union has even shared the proposals, shows that apparently the union is going to let YRC have whatever they want. YRC wants us to work like our non-union counterparts, IF this happens, then why are we paying for union representation, It seems that we are paying the company to let us work here, and we a paying the union to agree with them and let us work here. Being very conservative and doing the math, 26,000 employees making $24.83 an hour and working an average of 50 hours a week. With YRC getting their 15%, that equates to roughly:
    26,000 employees working 40 hrs. straight time= $96,720.00
    26,000 employees working 10 hrs. over time= $145,080.00
    Now take those same 26,000 employees times 4.2 weeks a month and you have a total $1,015,560
    Now you factor in union dues at $53.00 per month =$1,378,000.00
    I realize that some employees do not work 50 hours a week, some work less and others work more and if you factor in that the Road Warriors earn more and therefore pay more, BUT that being said now I am wondering what is the motivation for Keeping YRC out of Bankruptcy???
    WE HAVE BECOME THE CASH COW for YRC & THE TEAMSTERS at a total of $2,393,560.00 a month or $28,722,720.00 a year. Now how many of you want to give these predators more of YOUR money?

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC Freight

TEAM LETTER 103
    YRC has had a field day in promoting their position on this new MOU. They have sent flyers to our homes during the holiday to frighten our families, they have sent CDís and more flyers to show their very vague position in this new negotiation. In all the propaganda and meetings and videos they have never made any exact points, only a vague proposition of what they would like to have, kind of like a Christmas wish list that all our children give us every year. Well that is about to change, and the Teamsters are going to meet and review the much publicized wish list that YRC says that it needs to be competitive with other companies doing the same work. Let us hope that this time when the Teamster representatives return, they bring us an exact list of YRCís complete desires, and not a vague incomplete and damaging list like their last effort. The last time we were at this point, the UNION didnít have the whole MOU ironed out, but we were asked to approve it anyway and any issues would be worked out in a MOU Grievance committee, that we are still waiting for. I am confident that this time the Union is living by the rock & roll ballad ďOnce bitten, twice shyĒ, and I hope that they understand that this company will lie, cheat, steal, intimidate, and bribe whoever they can to achieve their ultimate goal. One particular aspect is the upcoming vote (if there is one), the teamsters should demand that every YRC employee receives a ballot, and that when the ballots are returned that there should be three responses, a NO VOTE, a YES VOTE, and a NON-VOTE. Obviously a NON-VOTE is one which was not returned or defaced and returned. In the past a non-vote was counted as a yes vote and this skewed the total vote in favor of the company. This counting system is totally not fair to the intent and integrity of the vote system. With 40% of the employees on layoff and maybe not returning a ballot, those should not be counted as a yes vote, only as a non-vote. Again, YRC is not interested in being fair, only in getting as much from us, any sneaky way they can, hopefully this time cooler heads will prevail at voting time.
    Linedriver and roadhog like this.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC Freight

TEAM LETTER 104
    Oh, here we are again, the holiday season at YRC and this year Santa Welch and his greedy corporate elves have strategically planned to ruin the Christmas season for YRC Teamsters and their families, by threatening to close YRC if we donít give them their Christmas wish list. They desire more concessions from the rank and file, some brothers and sisters would willingly give them their seasonal wish list, and that is their right, but the repercussions from giving in to Santa Welchís wish list, is a lifetime of low pay, more laid off Teamsters, constant threats of closure, and more demands for future concessions. YRC has taken valuable lessons from the federal government in that they have learned to spend any amount of money that they wish, on anything that they desire, and pass the bills to the working class, mainly the Teamsters rank and file. Ever since he has started this campaign to gain more concessions from the Teamsters, there has been a constant subliminal threat, that if we donít get what we want we will close, and you will be out of work. I donít think that the financial backers will allow Santa Welch to lose their investment so easily, this company doesnít have the enough collateral to pay off the debt and promises that Santa Welch made them. When the last MOU was rammed down our throats, the financial backers figured out what they needed to make money, and they got what they wanted, now they are just being greedy. So that being said maybe it is time to stop playing defense and go on the offensive.
    I think that Santa Welch has forgotten that he is not the only one that can ďCLOSE THE DOORS AT YRCĒ. Maybe it is time to give them a GIFT for the holiday season by taking a STRIKE VOTE. Sometimes the best defense is a Teamster offense!
    Linedriver and roadhog like this.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC Freight

Default YRC TEAM--Teamsters Employees

TEAM LETTER 105
    As a YRC employee I have witnessed on numerous occasions opportunities squandered that would grow YRCís business and put this company on sound financial footing. Mr. Welch has made a point of saying that ďYRC CANíT PAY WHAT THEY OWE TO THE BANKSĒ. I say that if YRC would stop trying to shrink this company to fit into whatever business model they are envisioning, and take the initiative to grow their business, they could pay all their bills and have a work force that is appreciative of the companiesí effort to excel. YRC has many problems, as seen from the rank and file, a major problem is that manpower requirements needed to operate in a growing environment is not permitted to exist. There is an old saying, ďDecisions need to be made as close to the task as possibleĒ. (management 101) Some mystery person, somewhere else, making a decision on local P&D, and dock operations is ludicrous. Any monkey, with enough bananas, could take a bill count, divide in X bills per hour, and come up with some hypothetical manpower chart. What that monkey canít see is the traffic pattern, weather, delays due to other carriers blocking the receiving area, trailers loaded with a front end dozer, etc., etc.. For any terminal to make money the route decisions should always include a driverís input, he knows his customers, route, and daily ability to produce quality service. Eliminating the driverís input is a recipe for disaster, and leads to poor production, excessive returns, and money wasted to handle the same freight numerous times. As is evident by our current business model. If you want to see a quality operation, just check out your local Publix Supermarket. You will see every customer will be treated by Publix employees with respect and dignity, and here is the best part they make tons of money. The thought crossed my mind that if YRC would allow us, the employees, and management to treat customers with respect and dignity we would have more business than we could handle. And that my friend is how Mr. Welch could pay his bills, retake the lead as a quality freight company, and finally have enough business so that all our laid of brothers and sisters could come back to work, and do away with this damned MOU once and for all. It is time for our executive leaders to show a ďCAN DOĒ attitude instead of always saying they canít. (Like us at yrc teamsters on facebook)
    222lifer likes this.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC Freight

Default TEAM--Teamster Employees Against Mismanagement

TEAM LETTER 106
    When I shared Letter 102 with my brothers and sisters in the rank and file, I canít tell you how many took the time to check my figures, and as they should. Now it is time for me to say that I totally screwed the pooch on this letter. I am grateful that so many people read this letter and was interested enough in the subject to check this out, so after checking the various figures again I can honestly say that unlike YRC, I am willing to accept and correct my mistakes. So hopefully these figures are closer to the truth. Frankly I liked the other numbers a little better, these figures really make me sick, and now they want even more. Being very conservative and doing the math, 26,000 employees making $24.83 an hour and working an average of 50 hours a week. With YRC getting their 15%, that equates to roughly:
    26,000 employees working 40 hrs. straight time= $3,868,800
    26,000 employees working 10 hrs. over time= $1,453,400
    That equates to $5,322,200 a week
    Now take those same 26,000 employees times 4.2 weeks a month and you have a total $22,353,240
    Now you factor in union dues at $53.00 per month =$1,378,000.00
    I realize that some employees do not work 50 hours a week, some work less and others work more and if you factor in that the Road Warriors earn more and therefore pay more, BUT that being said now I am wondering what is the Unionís and YRCíS motivation for Keeping YRC out of Bankruptcy???
    WE HAVE BECOME THE CASH COW for YRC & THE TEAMSTERS at a total of $6,337,760 a month or $284,774,880 a year. Now how many of you want to give these predators more of YOUR money?

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC Freight

TEAM LETTER 107
    WOW! We now know what YRC wants from us, are they kidding? You talk about a set of brass ones, that CEO really has a huge set. I canít believe that he proposed these changes and can still keep a straight face. There are so many issues that need to be addressed that it will take more than a couple of letters to explain it all. Well letís take this MOU, one step at time. First letís talk about the ďRatification BonusĒ, all I can think of is a turd called a doughnut, is still a turd. IS HE KIDDING, that so called bonus is our 2014 and 2015 raises just given to us early. If we take this BONUS, we will be robbing ourselves of $.80 an hour from 2015 onÖ.that is ludicrous. Yellow did this after the strike, to get us to ratify the contract, and for that we lost out on our raise for every hour since then. I guess Welch is bringing back a game that worked before. This is no bonus for us if we take his $750.00 bribe to pass this, we will be costing us, well letís see:
    50 hours a week is 50 X .40 =$20.00 , times 52 weeks = $ 1,040.00 for 2014 and
    50 hours a week is 50 X .80 =$40.00 , times 52 weeks = $ 2,080.00 for 2015, and that same amount for however many years you have left before retirement. Is that really worth a quick $750.00 Bonus? So Welch is willing to give us a total of $1,500.00, and then we in turn give him $3,120.00. PLUS all the money we would have earned in overtime, vacation, sick days, etc. for the rest of our career at YRC. Like I said earlier when is a bonus not a bonus, when it is given at YRC.
    And in this whole MOU I didnít see one word either from the Union or YRC about finally getting a MOU grievance panel, funny how that isnít important to either party, especially those that are supposed to be watching out for us for the dues that we pay very month, why didnít they make the grievance panel a priority in these negotiations?

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC Freight

TEAM LETTER 108
    The next section of the MOU has to do with wage increases, if you look at the chart that is provided you will notice that there are no increases for 2014 and 2015. Imagine that, our hourly pay stays the same for two years, that should be enough to make you say NO to this ridiculous Ponzi scheme. Well, I guess we should be grateful for that ďRatification BonusĒ he gave us. But look at the bright side the fact that he stole two years of raises is the smallest theft in this MOU. Donít worry the big money is still yet to come; contributions to our health and welfare fund is almost as bad. There is no increase in 2014 at all, and in 2015 YRC is willing to give a slight increase of $.35 an hour in January thru July and then Increase it to $.50 an hour in August 2015. Then on August 2016 they will finally give $1.00 an hour.
    Next we should discuss the Profit Sharing, well on second thought, why waste our time and ink, by the time the profit sharing kicks in, YRC will have found a way to take that back also. When you figure that they control the books and the cash, they can make the profits look like whatever they want. Like this Bonus that we discussed in the last letter, did you know that it will cost YRC $19,500,000 to convince us to ratify this MOU. Now where did this money come from when they donít have the money to pay their bills or loans? Like I said earlier this company does a lot of fuzzy math, like they donít have money and then they do. It seems they have money for Executive pay raises, and a Bonus for non-performance, but no money to cover their obligations. Now they need to steal from us once again, oh and if you look at number 6C it talks about the company wonít move their money to avoid paying profit sharingÖ..really they already thought of a way to cheat again, and it isnít even approved yetÖ..
    ayrcguy likes this.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC Freight

TEAM LETTER 109
    NOW WE COME TO THE GOOD STUFF!
    Item 7 has to do with Contract Modifications; The first item of the six outlined is Attendance. The problem with changing the contract pertaining to this issue is that termination is possible if there is a fifth offense. Nowhere in this modification does is say that warning letters will only stay for six months, a year, 5 years??? According to this if you are absent three times in eight months, you could get a 1 day suspension, and have only two more chances before termination. Also it calls for a committee to decide if a doctorís note is valid or not. So the committee could say all absences from work are not excused if management wants to get rid of one individual and all absences are excused if you are well liked and they wish to retain you. Who will be on the committee, how many people are on this committee? The MOU doesnít spell that out, maybe this point is one of those grey areas that will be settled with the MOU grievance panel. Until then we will have to trust the judgment of the local supervision, and at what level will these items be decided. Maybe the same person that does the manpower decisions will also decide who will stay and who will be terminated.
    This is a very dangerous item to mess with, because leaving your retention with the company in the hands of a mysterious committee, with the power to dismiss anyone that has five absences or tardiness means that we had better not have any emergencies in our personal or family life. This includes medical emergencies, mechanical issues, etc.. This is a very powerful weapon that will be used to great lengths, otherwise why would they waste their time trying to change the contract. We will see this destroy at least a few people in the near future, let us hope that this doesnít pass.
    ayrcguy likes this.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC Freight

TEAM LETTER 110
    NOW WE COME TO VACATIONS!
    Item 7 B & C: MONEY,MONEY,MONEYÖ..Here comes the real reason for the latest money grab by YRC. This section has to do with changing our vacation from 45 hours a week to 40 hours. While this doesnít sound like a lot, letís see what is going to happen if this crap should pass. First your vacation is changed from working 52 weeks to working 58 weeks to earn the same vacation time. This means that in five years you will have to work 260 weeks for your earned vacations, under the new MOU for you to earn the same vacation you will have to work 290 weeks. Not only is YRC taking your vacation time and money, they are making us work an additional 30 weeks to earn the same vacation time but with less money.
    Now losing 5 hours of vacation is relevant on how many weeks you have to use: 4 weeks of vacation per year reduces your pay $422.12
    3 weeks of vacation per year reduces your pay $316.59
    Now we should discuss the loss of earned vacation time, that is to say that senior workers with 5 weeks are reduced to 4 weeks for the past three years, and now workers with three weeks are going to lose one week of vacation for three years. Out of the 26,000 workers in this company, how many have less than 8 years? Not many I would guess, so let us guess that 22,000 of us fall into a category of 1 week of vacation loss and that one week of vacation is worth $844.22 after the 15% loss and one week is worth 40 hours, that means that the money stolen from 22,000 of us $18,572,840.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)