Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mai Tai

Thread: Analysts weigh in on YRC's situation

  1. #1
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    40,811
    Rep Power
    895

    Default Analysts weigh in on YRC's situation

    On Friday, analysts weighed in with assessments of what might happen next for the company.

    Jason Seidl and Matthew Elkott, analysts at New York financial services firm Cowen Group Inc. (Nasdaq: COWN), said in a Friday report that the negative vote could mean bankruptcy for YRC and could mean that its competitors will have a lot of new freight coming onto the market soon.

    The Cowen analysts, who don’t rate YRC’s stock, said they would not be surprised if big balance sheet problems lead to the conclusion that bankruptcy would be necessary to restructure YRC’s finances.

    “Bankruptcy cannot be ruled out at this point, in our opinion,” the report said. “Restructuring, however, will likely not work in the (less-than-truckload) industry.”
    Analysts weigh in on YRC?s situation - Kansas City Business Journal

  2. #2
    Not So Fast Scabs

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    957
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    2,022
    Rep Power
    205

    Default Re: Analysts weigh in on YRC's situation

    Thank You for your Expert Analysis! You were so right on your last report that they would not make it so the Brotherhood agrees wholeheartedly with u it won't work so nobody gets to Rape the Brotherhood any longer. Thank y oh and good night.

  3. #3
    Resistance is futile.

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    391
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,313
    Rep Power
    907

    Default Re: Analysts weigh in on YRC's situation


  4. #4
    VOTE NO

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Local Union
    404 NO
    Employer
    NP NO
    Location
    NE NO
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: Analysts weigh in on YRC's situation

    I am also an analyst and it is time for me to weigh in. There will be no bankruptcy. There will be refinancing of debt. We will continue to operate as we have until MOU expires in March 2015. There is more than enough cash on hand to make debt payment next month if it is not refinanced in time. Tell your customers we have been in this business for over 80 years. We know freight. It is now time for senior management to prove why they receive such large salaries and performance bonuses.
    Yankee and 222lifer like this.

  5. #5
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Analysts weigh in on YRC's situation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mai Tai View Post
    It is now time for senior management to prove why they receive such large salaries and performance bonuses.
    This is a little UNFAIR on your part as we know that is something that they just do not know how to do..





  6. #6
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    493
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    139

    Default Re: Analysts weigh in on YRC's situation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mai Tai View Post
    I am also an analyst and it is time for me to weigh in. There will be no bankruptcy. There will be refinancing of debt. We will continue to operate as we have until MOU expires in March 2015. There is more than enough cash on hand to make debt payment next month if it is not refinanced in time. Tell your customers we have been in this business for over 80 years. We know freight. It is now time for senior management to prove why they receive such large salaries and performance bonuses.
    Great post, if you could also by some miracle get management and supervisors to stop harassing you and encourage instead and offer a "nice job" once in a while, morale would improve I think. Get out there and convince shippers to stay with you.

  7. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Local Union
    952
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    159

    Default Re: Analysts weigh in on YRC's situation

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Great post, if you could also by some miracle get management and supervisors to stop harassing you and encourage instead and offer a "nice job" once in a while, morale would improve I think. Get out there and convince shippers to stay with you.
    Their philosophy is that "a disgruntled employee is a productive employee". When the RDWY guys merged with us back in 09 they were hit with this full force, they thought they could make a change by trying to get along with management (LOL), they soon found this will never be because management is so brainwashed there's just no getting along. The plan was to get management to work along with us as we worked with them to make a better work environment (LOL) management screwed these guys so hard that they've turned these guys into good teamsters, management does some things right.

  8. #8
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    493
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    139

    Default Re: Analysts weigh in on YRC's situation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass View Post
    Their philosophy is that "a disgruntled employee is a productive employee". When the RDWY guys merged with us back in 09 they were hit with this full force, they thought they could make a change by trying to get along with management (LOL), they soon found this will never be because management is so brainwashed there's just no getting along. The plan was to get management to work along with us as we worked with them to make a better work environment (LOL) management screwed these guys so hard that they've turned these guys into good teamsters, management does some things right.
    Yeah, I hear ya loud and clear

 

 

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 01-10-2014, 06:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349