Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: There is Still a Major Problem

  1. #1
    hangin on

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Local Union
    287
    Employer
    yrc
    Location
    Hayward , Ca.
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    150

    Default There is Still a Major Problem

    I have had 15% coming out of my check for what, 4 years now. And they owe the exact same amount. That's bulls*** ! What if you bought a car, paid on it for 4 years and made a sacrifice to do so then the bank says " we took your money and pissed it away and you owe the same amount" . I think someone would be going to jail. So there is the matter of billions of dollars that were taken to pay this thing off. It wasn't to buy a new Cadillac for Mrs. Welch or a vacation for everyone else. If your the cfo ( chief financial officer ) you have a responsibility to use the money you took to pay for what you took it for. So why does this pierson still have a job. This is theft in my opinion. It wasn't mad money or money to take to the casino. It was specify to pay for the debt that we the workers didn't cause. So we have been paying for the last four years and owe the same amount ? That's bulls***. I think the union, the government or someone needs to find out where our funds went. What do you think ?
    Last edited by crazy; 01-11-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    crazy and slavenomore like this.

  2. #2
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Local Union
    952
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    159

    Default Re: There is Still a Major Problem

    It's been union busting from the get-go plain & simple, the IBT watched the whole thing take place and did nothing!!! The Guv. see's all and they've done nothing, wall street gets a free pass, you or I would not, it's all bs!!!
    slavenomore likes this.

  3. #3
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    NPME/YRC
    Posts
    14,021
    Rep Power
    918

    Default Re: There is Still a Major Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Kickass View Post
    It's been union busting from the get-go plain & simple, the IBT watched the whole thing take place and did nothing!!! The Guv. see's all and they've done nothing, wall street gets a free pass, you or I would not, it's all bs!!!
    I agree its totally wrong and somebody should do time at the least. I didn't read or watch the propaganda but at the top of one the number 100 000 got my attention. 100,000 people affected now let alone how many more since they started buying everybody and merging and all.....a life sentence would be too light for this hell.
    A govt by the people for the people? Yeah right.

  4. #4
    hangin on

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Local Union
    287
    Employer
    yrc
    Location
    Hayward , Ca.
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: There is Still a Major Problem

    I feel that we have subsidized the company to undercut competition, lose money and manipulate us with our hard earned money. so they could take even more from us. Instead of raising rates and competing and trying to make a profit. Have you honestly seen anything that you considered smart business that would make us profitable ? The company ask a large favor to help them save the company and they didn't use any of it to do the right thing. all the money you gave them went down a rat hole. You might as well burned the money. The sacrifice we made was in vain. Who knows where the money went. You might say, this guy is pissed, yes I am. They stole our money . Billions of dollars . There should have been a full snap back next year. Since we the teamsters repaid the entire debt and actually paid for the purchase of roadway and reddaway the least they could do is their job.
    slavenomore and capmac48 like this.

  5. #5
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: There is Still a Major Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ayrcguy View Post
    I feel that we have subsidized the company to undercut competition, lose money and manipulate us with our hard earned money. so they could take even more from us. Instead of raising rates and competing and trying to make a profit. Have you honestly seen anything that you considered smart business that would make us profitable ? The company ask a large favor to help them save the company and they didn't use any of it to do the right thing. all the money you gave them went down a rat hole. You might as well burned the money. The sacrifice we made was in vain. Who knows where the money went. You might say, this guy is pissed, yes I am. They stole our money . Billions of dollars . There should have been a full snap back next year. Since we the teamsters repaid the entire debt and actually paid for the purchase of roadway and reddaway the least they could do is their job.
    How about inflated top level salaries.. If you take the largest trucking companies our top level management is near the top.. but they also lost the most money.. They change wording and numbers so they can reward themselves.. I always thought that a "bonus" was for succeeding but this crew changed the definition.. And to let Zollars walk away with 12 million was something the IBT should have stopped but again they looked the other way.. Welch and the cronies said they had to pay him because it was in "HIS" contract.. Why didn't they break his contract like they did to ours back in 2009.. IMO they knew then that this day was coming and they were going to get what ever they could for themselves..
    slavenomore likes this.

  6. #6
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    NPME/YRC
    Posts
    14,021
    Rep Power
    918

    Default Re: There is Still a Major Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ayrcguy View Post
    I feel that we have subsidized the company to undercut competition, lose money and manipulate us with our hard earned money. so they could take even more from us. Instead of raising rates and competing and trying to make a profit. Have you honestly seen anything that you considered smart business that would make us profitable ? The company ask a large favor to help them save the company and they didn't use any of it to do the right thing. all the money you gave them went down a rat hole. You might as well burned the money. The sacrifice we made was in vain. Who knows where the money went. You might say, this guy is pissed, yes I am. They stole our money . Billions of dollars . There should have been a full snap back next year. Since we the teamsters repaid the entire debt and actually paid for the purchase of roadway and reddaway the least they could do is their job.
    I totally agree. We live under a sick system of greedin this country. What they do is painted as acceptable and successfully. I suppose board members pay them but iI don't know..

    But what we do is painted as evil and greedy and wrong. But we lose our homes and they take millions. What can we do to change it?

    I think organized people are the only chance hence my yes vote....without numbers it'll only get worse.
    I totally understand the reason for the no votes. I just vent maniclly. Keeps me from breaking stuff I can't afford to replace and out of trouble.
    Yes we got screwed in evey way and maybe even worse if disbanded. The govt isn't for us or the system of rewarding the wicked would change. The wicked hold the power.
    rx7ner likes this.

  7. #7
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Local Union
    81
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    155

    Default Re: There is Still a Major Problem

    Again I remind you of the price war we were engaged in. Remember the 90% discounts Con-Way and FedEx were giving to YRC customers? Con-Way was founded on stolen money and FedEx has deep pockets with the ablility to hide losses (for awhile), they ruined Watkins(remember FedEx National?) trying to use them to put YRC out of buisiness. That cost YRC alot and it's a miracle we survived. The CEOs of both Con-Way and FedEx freight were let go at the same time as Zollars. Zollars was a crappy manager but he was a good salesman. Remember the lack of available buisiness credit after the financial collapse. YRC was 2 days away from filing for bankruptcy when Zollars conviced the loansharks (that we currently owe the $1.4b to) to lend us the money. Paying 12% interest and the price war is the major reason YRC is just recently getting to even on cashflow. I believe the earlier concessions most likely saved the company.
    Last edited by Waverunner; 01-12-2014 at 04:54 PM.

  8. #8
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Local Union
    Retired
    Employer
    Retired
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Power
    85

    Default Re: There is Still a Major Problem

    I listened to our CEO tell us that the bonuses they receive are approved and voted on by the Board Of Directors for benchmarks that are reached,so Welch got a bonus for what?,not losing even more than he did,fairly confident if I wrecked a truck but didn't total it I would still be looking for another job,IMO if Welch would have stepped up and said no more Bonuses until a benchmark of profibility is reached the vote would have been different,equitable sacrifice is means everyone not just the ones doing the heavy lifting.

  9. #9
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    28,234
    Rep Power
    1159

    Default Re: There is Still a Major Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by capmac48 View Post
    I listened to our CEO tell us that the bonuses they receive are approved and voted on by the Board Of Directors for benchmarks that are reached,so Welch got a bonus for what?,not losing even more than he did,fairly confident if I wrecked a truck but didn't total it I would still be looking for another job,IMO if Welch would have stepped up and said no more Bonuses until a benchmark of profibility is reached the vote would have been different,equitable sacrifice is means everyone not just the ones doing the heavy lifting.
    You are spot on with this. Had they based the executives bonus on O/R like our they might have coaxed a maybe out of me.

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    VOTE NO

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Local Union
    404 NO
    Employer
    NP NO
    Location
    NE NO
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: There is Still a Major Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    You are spot on with this. Had they based the executives bonus on O/R like our they might have coaxed a maybe out of me.

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    If Welch wants to get serious and agree to reduce his salary to $1 a year for the life of the MOU then send me a new ballot.
    crazy and 222lifer like this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 01-11-2014, 07:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349