Like Tree2Likes

Thread: YRC in better position according to Welch

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Retired
    Employer
    Retired

Default YRC in better position according to Welch

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around their math,let's see now we've only made $1.6 Million in the last two years now their going to purchase/lease most likely 600 new trucks which by the way are sadly needed and 2000 trailers,hmmm wonder where that money is going to come from,like many here repeat often the company will continue to saddle itself with debt,never pay off the debt,keep wages at reduced levels,extend pension payment obligation and continue rewarding themselves for barely breaking even,welcome to the new YRC.

YRC in better position 'than any other time in recent history' - Kansas City Business Journal

YRC Worldwide Inc. executives were extremely optimistic about the company's performance in the third quarter of 2014 and what it means for the company's immediate future.

"I believe that we are in a better place (now) than any other time in our recent history," CEO James Welch said during the company's quarterly conference call.

The Overland Park-based less-than-truckload carrier (Nasdaq: YRCW) reported a net income of $1.2 million, the first net income its reported in the third quarter since 2012 and the first positive quarter since the company reported net income of $400,000 in the fourth quarter of 2013.

Welch said YRC has placed orders for 600 new tractors and 2,000 new trailers during the quarter and it expects those pieces of equipment will start to arrive around the company over the next six months. YRC, which has faced significant challenges since Welch took the wheel of the company in 2011, has deferred spending on equipment and seen its fleet of 15,000 tractors and 45,000 trailers fall into disrepair.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Retired
    Employer
    Retired

Default Re: YRC in better position according to Welch

Interesting side note according to this article the Regionals will be getting more than half of new equipment...

Long-suffering YRC in the black, posts 3Q net income of $1.2 million - Article from Logistics Management

The brightened financial picture is enabling YRC to recapitalize its fleet. It plans on replacing 600 tractors and 2,000 trailers within the next six months, Welch said. The company has 15,000 tractors and 45,000 trailers in all its operating companies. YRC’s regional carriers will be getting slightly more of the new power units while long-haul YRC Freight will get slightly more than half the new trailers, Welch said.

Not So Fast Scabs

Local Union
    Employer
    USF Holland

Gotta keep their bread n butter moving (regionals)
    capmac48 likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

The suckasses will be all a highfiving over this huge profit of 1/10 of 1%, woodeefookingdoo!!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by Kickass View Post
    The suckasses will be all a highfiving over this huge profit of 1/10 of 1%, woodeefookingdoo!!!

Is there a place where the disgruntled can get together and grumble?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by Kickass View Post

Bonuses will be flying just in time for the Holidays..
    Screwy Louiey likes this.

hangin on

Local Union
    Employer
    yrc

If they can only make a million bucks after taking massive concessions, not paying debt, not replacing equipment , what the hell are they doing . 1 million won't cut it. 600 trucks and 2000 trailers are going to put them in the red big time . They are certainly not in a good position . Unless you count there position the one to screw the teamsters !

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC "REX 657"

end of the month not as strong as I thought it would be, but one customer I'm at their dock now has a big project account going out tonight thru the weekend. We have 3 big box trailers at the door now loading loving the O/T brothers.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by Screwy Louiey View Post
    end of the month not as strong as I thought it would be, but one customer I'm at their dock now has a big project account going out tonight thru the weekend. We have 3 big box trailers at the door now loading loving the O/T brothers.
    My area is crazy strong right on through the entire month. Good freight. Not the crap we were hauling previously. A couple of accounts have dropped the 3pl's and saw the light. Cut out the middle man and use us exclusively. Still, we should be doing much better than this. Thanks again Billy Z! I hope you sleep well at night.

hangin on

Local Union
    Employer
    yrc

So , let me get this straight . Brand new city trucks or line haul ? I thought they only leased new line haul now a days and I don't think I have seen any new city trucks . I remember they used to buy new line haul trucks then when they were worn out unsafe and reliable they would put them in your community as city units . But since they are leasing the line haul trucks now they can't pass them on to city . The only " New Trucks " I have seen were 2005's with 600,000 miles on them already . But if you consider that a truck with 600,000 miles on it already will need to be replaced quicker than a new on . It just seems that the company is a Master of spinning lies to make them sound some what ethical , even though we know they are not . So what is it New or newer worn out crap ! I would love to see a picture of the mysterious crap truck they are bragging about . And I am pretty sure if they did order them they could just get them . I doubt they have to wait to get these mystery vehicles .I mean if I order something, I know when I am going to get it . Trucks are not really like waiting on the tooth fairy to leave it under their pillow . I just hate to be lied to like a child , so Where the hell are these so called new trucks ?With out some bull **** story .
    Last edited by 222lifer; 11-10-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)