• 1 Post By B'oink
  • 1 Post By 222lifer

Thread: YRC Worldwide Reports 2014 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Earnings

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default YRC Worldwide Reports 2014 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Earnings

Consolidated operating revenue for the fourth quarter of 2014 was $1.218 billion, a $10.0 million increase over the $1.208 billion reported for the fourth quarter of 2013. At the same time, consolidated operating income increased $32.8 million, from an operating loss of $1.6 million, to operating income of $31.2 million. Operating income in 2014 included a $5.8 million gain on asset disposals compared to a $0.3 million gain on asset disposals in 2013.

The company also reported, on a non-GAAP basis, adjusted EBITDA of $77.0 million for the fourth quarter of 2014, a $18.2 million increase from the $58.8 million of adjusted EBITDA reported for the fourth quarter of 2013 (as detailed in the reconciliation below).
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/yrc-wo...210300656.html

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Default Re: YRC Worldwide Reports 2014 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Earnings

Now we see why the two thugs in charge had their contracts restructured.. They were waiting to see what kind of bonus they could demand.. 31.2 mil, that should be good for about 10 mil each.. with enough left over so they can buy a few new tractors.. with cameras in them..

Feb 5 (Reuters) - Trucking company YRC Worldwide Inc reported a quarterly operating profit, helped by a $5.8 million gain on asset disposals.

YRC recorded an operating income of $31.2 million for the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31, compared with an operating loss of $1.6 million, a year earlier.

Revenue rose marginally to $1.22 billion.

YRC shares rose 9 percent to $19.57 in extended trading.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/truck...215338387.html

Not So Fast Scabs

Local Union
    Employer
    USF Holland

Yup all the professional drivers leaving in droves at Holland no wonder accidents n claims are up. Good Luck. Can't find good drivers used to be hard to get hired now u just have to be breathing....
    GO40 likes this.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

YRC execs: Positive momentum must continue into 2015 !

The year opened with YRC facing serious questions about its long-term survival. Looming debt, issues with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and even the weather held back the Overland Park-based less-than-truckload carrier (Nasdaq: YRCW). After clearing those hurdles, the company saw much improved performance in the second half of the year, culminating in two straight profitable quarters.
    Welch said during the call. "We simply had too many injuries and accidents during the year, and our operating performance suffered as a result. We have intensive and specific initiatives in place in each operating company that are focused on improving safety results."
    CFO Jamie Pierson said the company will continue its investment in safety technology as well as new revenue equipment — tractors and trailers — for the company's fleet.
    Pierson said YRC spent about $141.6 million on new technology and new equipment for its vehicle fleet in 2014. YRC plans to "double down" on technology and safety spending in 2015 as well, he said.
    That spending went toward the goal of bringing about 600 new tractors into its fleet.
    "(The age of the vehicle fleet) is probably not as bad as people think, and we're going to continue to reinvest in it," Pierson said.
    There are some comments on injury and accidents.
    I thought most of the men would laugh at the comments on the age of the fleet and new equipment.
    Read it all ... 3 pages.

YRC execs: Positive momentum must continue into 2015 - Kansas City Business Journal

hangin on

Local Union
    Employer
    yrc

I would be interested to see how much money yrc would have lost without the concession . It seems to be the last thing on their mind .
    BilyWamBam likes this.

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Thanks for the link. Hired 4000. How many stayed? How many of those injuries were equp't-related? Especially trailer doors. Age of the fleet probably,(operative!),not as bad as people think? A good 40% of the pups we see are the old plywood-side,(what's left of it),freight chewers without deck posts. Tractors break down constantly.One of our retirees who works casual said most of them are plain unsafe. We are an EOL terminal,but come on. But I have seen 2 new pups and a couple road units with less than 500k miles! Yes,that is good for a laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    YRC execs: Positive momentum must continue into 2015 !

There are some comments on injury and accidents.
    I thought most of the men would laugh at the comments on the age of the fleet and new equipment.
    Read it all ... 3 pages.

YRC execs: Positive momentum must continue into 2015 - Kansas City Business Journal
    wizard likes this.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by B'oink View Post
    Thanks for the link. Hired 4000. How many stayed? How many of those injuries were equp't-related? Especially trailer doors. Age of the fleet probably,(operative!),not as bad as people think? A good 40% of the pups we see are the old plywood-side,(what's left of it),freight chewers without deck posts. Tractors break down constantly.One of our retirees who works casual said most of them are plain unsafe. We are an EOL terminal,but come on. But I have seen 2 new pups and a couple road units with less than 500k miles! Yes,that is good for a laugh!
    It is what it is. We have seen some new equipment. I have seen a few refurbished trailers with rails for deck bars. Not new, but completely renovated. it has been a long while since I have been in the shop for an ABS problem. It seems that things are slowly righting themselves. Congratulations to the diligent rank and file that continues to write this junk up. Make them repair the defects. It sickens me to see the company point the fingers at the rank and file for their poor CSA scores. They are guilty of pulling tags instead of repairing what we write up.
    Last edited by 222lifer; 03-06-2015 at 03:24 PM.
    B'oink likes this.

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Takes me a while to get back sometimes,lol. I agree it's slowly getting better,they're so far behind that it's going to take a long time. I just get a little fired up about them acting like it's not a big deal. We also just had a guy get hurt,the fuel tank step on the driver side was gone for a week or so. Oddly enough when he got hurt his write-ups were nowhere to be found,they said they never got them,but they did give him a letter. If you don't already,make sure to hang on to a copy!!

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by B'oink View Post
    Takes me a while to get back sometimes,lol. I agree it's slowly getting better,they're so far behind that it's going to take a long time. I just get a little fired up about them acting like it's not a big deal. We also just had a guy get hurt,the fuel tank step on the driver side was gone for a week or so. Oddly enough when he got hurt his write-ups were nowhere to be found,they said they never got them,but they did give him a letter. If you don't already,make sure to hang on to a copy!!
    There used to be a time when those V.I R 's had to stay in the tractor for 30 days.. Think those days are long gone.. Anytime I had a write up on the tractor I was driving,I went to the mechanic in the morning to make sure got it.. If it was a safety issue the tractor stayed till it got fixed.. With today's drivers it seems if you write something up and refuse to take it another brother teamster will jump in the seat not giving a care about it.. So much for brotherhood..