Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New "New" hire pay rates

  1. #1
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    21,746
    Rep Power
    0

    Default New "New" hire pay rates

    IBT Agrees to Divisive YRC Pay Deal - Teamsters for a Democratic Union

    The list also includes some of the New Penn and Holland terminals.. I can see this making some in the company very pissed off..

    What do you do when the YRC national contract wages are so low that you cannot find qualified workers? You raise the starting dock wage, but only at a select group of terminals! That’s the deal signed by Hoffa’s new Freight Director, Ernie Soehl.

  2. #2
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    27,280
    Rep Power
    1154

    Default Re: New "New" hire pay rates

    This sounds like the pay structure at FedEx. "Metro rate" comes to mind. Did Ernie borrow a page out of Fred Smith's play book? Raise the rate system wide!

    Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    NPME/YRC
    Posts
    13,635
    Rep Power
    917

    Default Re: New "New" hire pay rates

    Looks like it gets rid of the progression and new drivers are hired at 100% of what we get in the MOU. And mechanics. And those in the progression are moved right to top rate.
    I like the idea of getting rid of it. I think it will help keep drivers and mechanics. But the TDU does have a point in that it would probably have been best to do it across the board. My terminal is on the New Penn list.
    Like I had said earlier this year...last year I took time to go try UPS for a little over a week.......and it's almost impossible for guys to change companies due to the progression. Who can afford going from jobs paying $20+/hour and going back down to like $17 or $19....for 2-5 years or whatever progression companies might have...the progression keeps us trapped. I kinda think it would be good if this would catch on industry wide......nobody has years to keep taking cuts and starting over.
    Again....across the board would have been best....to avoid this kind of argument from day one.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 04-19-2017 at 10:37 PM.
    222lifer likes this.

  4. #4
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    21,746
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New "New" hire pay rates

    Slave,there lies the problem.. Starting all over..In most trade unions once you make top grade that is where you stay.. As far as YRC goes,this deal with the union is BS.. First,every terminal should have been included.. Second ,every member should have gotten the same amount of a raise to get back their 15%. that they have been giving for the last eight or nine years.. Or even pay more towards the pensions.. Just more bad PR for the union and IMO a bad move by Ernie in his first play at his new job..
    fxstc07 and B'oink like this.

  5. #5
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Local Union
    317
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: New "New" hire pay rates

    Just started hearing about this yesterday from road drivers. Figured I'd find something here.
    222lifer likes this.

  6. #6
    Not So Fast Scabs

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    957
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    1,952
    Rep Power
    207

    Default Re: New "New" hire pay rates

    Your Union Hard at work....and we wonder why it so hard to organize...

  7. #7
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    27,280
    Rep Power
    1154

    Default Re: New "New" hire pay rates

    Quote Originally Posted by BilyWamBam View Post
    Your Union Hard at work....and we wonder why it so hard to organize...
    They have tried everything to help YRC survive. Would it have been better to just close them? At times I think it might have been better, other times I don't.

    Busters could find negative aspects to point out. I can find more positives to counter their BS.

    If you think it's hard organizing now, close the YRC companies down and see how many negative comments start flying from those that just became unemployed. They would make you look like the least disgruntled member on earth Bily.
    slavenomore likes this.

  8. #8
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    NPME/YRC
    Posts
    13,635
    Rep Power
    917

    Default Re: New "New" hire pay rates

    I do agree that all terminals shouldve been included. But I see the bypassing progression as somethkng good for us now and for next contract. The progression is not just a YRC thing...nor just freivht...parcel has it too. I think its a good move for unions in the future. Its very easy to abuse seniority with lower and different payrates...now its gone. Good. Im sure terminals not incljded will find a way to fight if its something theh want.......2 tiers and progression are divisive imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Slave,there lies the problem.. Starting all over..In most trade unions once you make top grade that is where you stay.. As far as YRC goes,this deal with the union is BS.. First,every terminal should have been included.. Second ,every member should have gotten the same amount of a raise to get back their 15%. that they have been giving for the last eight or nine years.. Or even pay more towards the pensions.. Just more bad PR for the union and IMO a bad move by Ernie in his first play at his new job..

  9. #9
    Not So Fast Scabs

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    957
    Employer
    USF Holland
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    1,952
    Rep Power
    207

    Default Re: New "New" hire pay rates

    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    They have tried everything to help YRC survive. Would it have been better to just close them? At times I think it might have been better, other times I don't.

    Busters could find negative aspects to point out. I can find more positives to counter their BS.

    If you think it's hard organizing now, close the YRC companies down and see how many negative comments start flying from those that just became unemployed. They would make you look like the least disgruntled member on earth Bily.
    Oh....you must forgot, I'm on Disability and getting SCREWED by YRC not paying into the pension therefore receiving NO DISABILITY PENSION that I earned and was promised the 20 years I worked...a scab trucker that you like to call them makes twice what I do and an unemployed would draw about the same as me on welfare.....disgruntled???? NAH.....But on bright side when I turn 65 in 20 years I can draw my pension and buy that ocean front property here in Ohio I always wanted....
    222lifer likes this.

  10. #10
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    21,746
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: New "New" hire pay rates

    Quote Originally Posted by BilyWamBam View Post
    Oh....you must forgot, I'm on Disability and getting SCREWED by YRC not paying into the pension therefore receiving NO DISABILITY PENSION that I earned and was promised the 20 years I worked...a scab trucker that you like to call them makes twice what I do and an unemployed would draw about the same as me on welfare.....disgruntled???? NAH.....But on bright side when I turn 65 in 20 years I can draw my pension and buy that ocean front property here in Ohio I always wanted....
    If you listen to the liberal planet warming scare tactics you might just have ocean front property in 20 years.
    BilyWamBam likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101